Fiat Coupe Club UK

Thoughts on this cheap ebay Coupe

Posted By: Anonymous

Thoughts on this cheap ebay Coupe - 20/02/2006 20:49

Yellow 20vt on ebay.

I'm tempted to buy another coupe but realise the pitfalls of buying cheap.

According to the RAC website they last change of owner was August 2005 so they've not had it long. I haven't had a reply to my questions asked why they are selling etc.

I would have loved Munchkin's or swisstony's yellow coops that were for sale but seems I've missed both of those.

How risky is it going for the ebay one? I think very, so will probably steer clear.

Re: Thoughts on this cheap ebay Coupe - 20/02/2006 20:52

not sure why you think it should be very risky.....

all I would say is you NEVER buy a car without seeing it first - so unless you get upto Scunthorpe today i would forget it

Stu
Posted By: Cappo

Re: Thoughts on this cheap ebay Coupe - 20/02/2006 20:54

I'd watch it closely and see, Dan. There's no reserve listed, so if you got it for, say, £1500, it could be a steal. The guy selling it knows it's got a hybrid and bits like that, so he must know SOMETHING about them. If it's got a new turbo and the head work will mean new belt, there shouldn't be too much else excessively expensive to sort out......
Posted By: JimO

Re: Thoughts on this cheap ebay Coupe - 20/02/2006 20:55

Agree with Starksy don't buy it without viewing. It has had alot of work done it, so maybe ask to talk to the garage who done it.

Mind you at that price, if it is a dog, you could break it for profit

Re: Thoughts on this cheap ebay Coupe - 20/02/2006 20:57

go look at it + ask to see all the receipts for the work carried out, SH etc. - then bid. Otherwise dont bother.

Re: Thoughts on this cheap ebay Coupe - 21/02/2006 00:16

Just got this back from the seller:

just done cambelt n rollers ,turbo,new valves,clutch and dump valve 1500 miles ago had for while but only a toy no use got 4 kids hence sellin. sorry car has cloth seats , i have no history as my original plan was to use as a track car so never kept any docs can get copies of receipts but bought through my work so i got cheaper , thanks sean

Re: Thoughts on this cheap ebay Coupe - 21/02/2006 00:20

ask him to email you copies of receipts etc. just a few bits and bobs on a coupe will cost you a few grand....and the hasstle ontop.......

Re: Thoughts on this cheap ebay Coupe - 21/02/2006 03:38

Went for a bargain price if it's OK.
Dave
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK