Fiat Coupe Club UK

Eldinho's LE for sale - discussion thread

Posted By: Anonymous

Eldinho's LE for sale - discussion thread - 30/11/2009 16:59

Any comments can be posted here.

Advert is here: http://www.fiatcoupeclub.org/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=943406#Post943406

Re: Eldinho's LE for sale - discussion thread - 30/11/2009 17:04

1st comment - I wonder if DoctorFrag will want it back laugh

Re: Eldinho's LE for sale - discussion thread - 30/11/2009 17:36

I would love for Joe to have it back to be honest. Then he can sell it me back again in a few years laugh
Posted By: Flea

Re: Eldinho's LE for sale - discussion thread - 30/11/2009 18:03

I thought you were definately doing TOTB next year?!!!
Posted By: Flea

Re: Eldinho's LE for sale - discussion thread - 30/11/2009 18:14

Anyway, no joking, if you want to go straight to supercar territory then £7300 is not a lot of money. This car is faster than a Ferrari 360, you need to think 430 territory.

For anyone who doesn't believe the credentials then take a look at the Auto Italia feature. There are three cars that are all putting out "400bhp", but then again there is one that clearly has a little more punch than the others wink

Re: Eldinho's LE for sale - discussion thread - 30/11/2009 18:28

I will be going TOTB! Nobody will buy it for this price.
Posted By: MattM

Re: Eldinho's LE for sale - discussion thread - 30/11/2009 18:29

Hell of a lot of car for the money really.

Well done on perseveering with the rebuild of this car, it is a credit to you.

Good luck mark, what car are you thinking of next, it will have big shoes to fill!?

Best colour too!
Posted By: Cyclone

Re: Eldinho's LE for sale - discussion thread - 30/11/2009 18:33

Nice car indeed, well specced but I fear you'll be still looking for that rwd thrill come the end of 2010...

smile

Jules.

Re: Eldinho's LE for sale - discussion thread - 30/11/2009 18:39

Cheers Matt. I really don't know what my next car will be. But the reason why I've asked such a high price is because I need to replace it with something good. If I drop the price it just isn't worth it to me.

Jules, I totally agree. But if the car doesn't sell for this price, then I can put selling it to bed. It has been bugging me too much the last few months that I just need to test the water.

Maybe I need to go for a RWD conversion laugh
Posted By: JimO

Re: Eldinho's LE for sale - discussion thread - 30/11/2009 18:56

Good luck EinH..

As no-one else has said it yet, might be more beneficial to strip back to standard and sell off seperate, would be a real shame though, what with the demise of Johns that way too frown

Will need to be some car to replace 400 bhp, I see another VXR Monaro coming to the forum!

Re: Eldinho's LE for sale - discussion thread - 30/11/2009 19:02

It's an amazing car ... it was fantastic to see, and hear, it around Curborough cool (although it was a bit slow wink laugh )

I hope it works out for you, Mark ... that you either get the money that you are looking for, or that you properly scratch the must-sell-it itch smile

Re: Eldinho's LE for sale - discussion thread - 30/11/2009 19:03

Cheers JimO, Monaro definately on the list.

I've said on the for sale thread that I'd put it back to standard. But I'm not actually sure I could do it. If there was ever a good time to do that it would have been when the engine went BANG! But I would never ever scrap it completely.

I'm quite sure this car will be coming to the grave with me. smile

Re: Eldinho's LE for sale - discussion thread - 30/11/2009 19:04

Originally Posted By: dave_t
(although it was a bit slow wink laugh )

There is always Mallory Dave laugh

Re: Eldinho's LE for sale - discussion thread - 30/11/2009 19:07

Ahhh blush .... yes .... I may have somewhat of a bigger problem trying to keep up with you around there laugh
Posted By: Nigel

Re: Eldinho's LE for sale - discussion thread - 30/11/2009 19:54

Every now and then, I have a little wobble, and I think about selling mine.

If I was to sell up, it would be for similar money, so IMHO, the price for this car is definitely not too high - its very realistic.

Most of the time, buying a heavily modded car is a risk - its often much better to do it yourself, as you're then 100% confident of how well its been done. However, occasionally, a car comes up for sale that has the correct provenance, and this is one of them (I'd like to think mine would be as well)

If you wanted a 400+bhp Coupe, this is by far the easiest and cheapest way of doing it. The build will have cost double that amount (if Mark is ever brave enough to add it all up, he'll realise this)

Absolute bargain and I hope a) it doesn't sell (in the nicest possible way) or b) it sells to someone that will continue to look after it and spend the money that it deserves

Re: Eldinho's LE for sale - discussion thread - 01/12/2009 08:57

Thanks for the comments Nigel.

Originally Posted By: Nigel
Most of the time, buying a heavily modded car is a risk - its often much better to do it yourself, as you're then 100% confident of how well its been done. However, occasionally, a car comes up for sale that has the correct provenance, and this is one of them (I'd like to think mine would be as well)

I very much agree with this, and this is the view I held when buying Joe's car. He certainly knew his stuff. You'd definately be on the list of owners of highly modified cars I would buy off.

I really don't think it will sell with this price tag. Maybe deep down thats why I have put it up for so much.

Its a strange one how people don't want to buy these cars. Say if the car with the same spec minus the forged pistons/rods and headwork went up for sale at £5000. It would probably get snapped up. IMO thats false economy. This car can run over 400bhp every day without me having that fear of something breaking on me.
Posted By: chrissy

Re: Eldinho's LE for sale - discussion thread - 01/12/2009 09:56

Stunning car, and sound phenominal on full chat,.

Good luck,

Chrissy
Posted By: Brewster

Re: Eldinho's LE for sale - discussion thread - 01/12/2009 11:31

Hmmm, for the first time in a long time I'm tempted back into ownership, and all for less than I paid for my first Coupé all those years ago....
Posted By: technics

Re: Eldinho's LE for sale - discussion thread - 01/12/2009 19:35

I think its definately worth the money, for the car it is, the work thats been done and obviously the power too.
I think there is just a small market for it.
Posted By: Fishy_Dave

Re: Eldinho's LE for sale - discussion thread - 01/12/2009 20:47

This is a car I know very well. I drove it on track at Donnington when in Joes ownership, and regularly used to attempt to keep up with the car on a whole host of tracks (without much success!).

Joe had a money no object approach to modifying and maintaining this car, and it looks like this has been continued in Eldinhos ownership.

For me their were two things which stood out about this particular Coupe.

1. It was amazingly quick on track, which requires both power and excellent handling. This car has both, in fact it is one of the best handling Coupes I have known. This is a view shared by many.

2. It was so damned reliable. It was driven hard at times, but thanks to correct modifications and maintenance it seemed unburstable!

Good luck with the sale. I don't blame you for giving rwd a go. wink
Posted By: Lucifer

Re: Eldinho's LE for sale - discussion thread - 02/12/2009 11:14

Originally Posted By: eldinho
Cheers JimO, Monaro definately on the list.

It's a very, very different car to the Coupé - not least of which it's SO much bigger - but I think you'd enjoy the Monaro. You WOULD need to get a supercharged one though bearing in mind the car you're replacing! You're welcome to have a spin in mine if you want to see what you'd be buying in to (and probably decide it's too slow laugh )

Good luck with the sale though, and definitely stick to your guns - that's a LOT of car for the money, and it's definitely a car I'd be interested in if I hadn't already borrowed up to my limit to get the Monaro! tongue

Re: Eldinho's LE for sale - discussion thread - 02/12/2009 11:58

Thanks for the comments Fishy, posts like these are making me think twice about what I'm doing.

Thanks for the offer Lucifer, I may well take you up on it. I'm trying to stay away from driving the cars until I know I'll be selling otherwise I can see me ending up with 2 cars on the drive laugh I'm quite sure my replacement won't be as fast in a straight line as my coupe. I'm not sure I'll ever have a car again that will be. After over 4 years of coupe ownership I think I'm just after a different driving experience.
Posted By: JohnS

Re: Eldinho's LE for sale - discussion thread - 08/12/2009 16:25

glad to see the car no longer has that 2nd exhaust pipe, that was a deathtrap waiting to happen!

Good luck with the sale.
If mine had've been an LE I wouldn't have broken it but a common or garden 20VT is not worth the effort in putting it back to standard I don't think.
Posted By: knight7660

Re: Eldinho's LE for sale - discussion thread - 08/12/2009 19:47

if only i had the cash

Re: Eldinho's LE for sale - discussion thread - 09/12/2009 09:14

Hmmmmm I have eyes everywhere....... tongue

Joe laugh

Re: Eldinho's LE for sale - discussion thread - 09/12/2009 10:31

Originally Posted By: Fishy_Dave
This is a car I know very well. I drove it on track at Donnington when in Joes ownership, and regularly used to attempt to keep up with the car on a whole host of tracks (without much success!).

Joe had a money no object approach to modifying and maintaining this car, and it looks like this has been continued in Eldinhos ownership.

For me their were two things which stood out about this particular Coupe.

1. It was amazingly quick on track, which requires both power and excellent handling. This car has both, in fact it is one of the best handling Coupes I have known. This is a view shared by many.

2. It was so damned reliable. It was driven hard at times, but thanks to correct modifications and maintenance it seemed unburstable!

Good luck with the sale. I don't blame you for giving rwd a go. wink

I never drove the car, but I can echo all of the comments above apart from that one!

Do not sell the car for silly money - I think that 7K is about right.

Re: Eldinho's LE for sale - discussion thread - 09/12/2009 14:44

Cracking car. Me and Christian were hugely impressed with it on the blast over to TOTB last year. Asking price is more than fair, particularly if you are in no rush to sell or unsure whether to sell at all.

I think everyone has wobbles and thinks about selling sometimes. A drive in it usually alters things ;-)

Good luck anyway mate - hope you get the outcome you are after.

Re: Eldinho's LE for sale - discussion thread - 09/12/2009 15:46

Thanks for the comments again people. The convoys to TOTB are always fun cool

John, that exhaust was gone before I bought the car. I only found out about it when Leighton told me when I went to get the car mapped, but always wondered why there was space there for it in the bumper.

It won't be getting scrapped, the worst that will happen to it will be going back to a standard(ish) form. I could always keep it as a daily car, then buy a weekend/track car!

Re: Eldinho's LE for sale - discussion thread - 04/01/2010 16:09

Glad to see you've decided to keep it chap, although my guts nearly fell out when I saw it said 'SOLD'.

You know how to keep the audience happy, eh? wink

Re: Eldinho's LE for sale - discussion thread - 26/07/2010 17:41

Back up for sale eh, dont think my budget will stretch that far. frown

Good luck with the sale this time round.
Posted By: Hovedan

Re: Eldinho's LE for sale - discussion thread - 26/07/2010 18:13

Oh my, having been in coop ownership for 2 years, and active on this forum only since the start of this year, I have yet to see this. BUT I have read thr auto italia article and heard much of it at meets, particularly when the words highly modified and reliability can both jointly be appropriate to describe a coop!

Let me have a think about it in a few days when I get a chance next. If someone else shows interest and gets in first so be it, but initial thoughts are about serious contemplation...

Re: Eldinho's LE for sale - discussion thread - 26/07/2010 18:57

If I had the cash I'd snap this up tomorrow, cant believe the money I paid for mine about 5 years ago can now get you this shocked

Price is spot on, I personally wouldn't drop it below 6k, good LE's are selling for close to the 5k mark and this is far more than just 1k better than a normal LE.

god luck with the sale mate, really hope you dont have to put it back to standard, be a crying shame to see yet another "big gun" disappear for good.

Paul
Posted By: technics

Re: Eldinho's LE for sale - discussion thread - 26/07/2010 19:12

Absolute bargain!

Re: Eldinho's LE for sale - discussion thread - 26/07/2010 19:16

stunning spec, good bargain for someone seeking a "beast" cool

Re: Eldinho's LE for sale - discussion thread - 26/07/2010 20:56

Well there seems to be a bit more interest this time around.

This is a no win situation for me really. If I kept the car I would always want a different car, but I know I would be devestated to see it drive off. But I would prefer to see it stay in the current state of tune.

I can't believe I'm saying this, but it has actually been the most reliable car I have owned since the rebuild. Who would have thought you could say that about a car pushing twice the standard power.
Posted By: bezzer

Re: Eldinho's LE for sale - discussion thread - 27/07/2010 06:04

Ahhhh but once you get behind the wheel of a nice Black Evo 8, you'll soon forget the coupe laugh

Re: Eldinho's LE for sale - discussion thread - 27/07/2010 08:21

Yep, thats what I keep telling myself. smile

Re: Eldinho's LE for sale - discussion thread - 18/11/2010 15:35

I've driven this car when it was under Joes ownership, and it was very quick then with circa 360 bhp, I can only imagine what its like now with another 70 or so!! Good luck, I kinda wish I'd got this now and not the GTA, same money...
Posted By: JimO

Re: Eldinho's LE for sale - discussion thread - 18/11/2010 15:45

Oh do keep up......

Re: Eldinho's LE for sale - discussion thread - 18/11/2010 15:52

Oh sorry dumpling.
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK