Fiat Coupe Club UK

likely to be selling my moon grey plus soon

Posted By: Anonymous

likely to be selling my moon grey plus soon - 01/03/2010 21:35

A family friend is thinking of selling his BMW M3 in a month or so, giving me an opportunity to buy a truly pampered M3 I have long been after. Hence my Moon Grey plus would have to go (running two group 20 cars ain't going to happen!). What I paid for it in Sep 2009 is probably way off to what it's worth now hence another one of those 'what's it worth now' thread before I properly start to advertise at a fair/current price.

Unmodified Example: 2000 W plate

Private Reg Plate: H20VTP
V5 Present
Red key + 2 blue (non-original keys, I lost the normal key in Jan and had to have new keys/clifford remotes)
Clifford 650mkII Cat 1 Alarm/Immboliser with Window Rolls
Top of the range Kenwood head unit with built in parrot hands free kit, professionally fitted
Powerflow Cat-Back Exhaust System
Oil Pressure is excellent, 2.5 bar on hot idle
A/C (current issue with temp selection but I will have it fixed)
HIDs 6000k, installed Jan 2010
11 Months MOT
11 Months Tax
86k (service history from 2004 onwards)
Brand new engine fitted at 40k, refurbed turbo, injectors, bill for £5k (first owner I believe)
Full respray in 2008, there are several little stone chips on the bonnet, lower lip and one inch scratch on the rear bumper. I planned on getting these sorted but not likely now.
wheel refurb in 2008
Black Leather with red stitching, retrimmed in 2008 with the rare Airbag recaros
Covercraft exterior car cover (worth £320)

currently booked in to see Roger@PowerItalia for an intermediate service, rear brake discs, new rad and coolant hose of death replacement - 12/3/2010

Service History (just some of the major stuff listed)
Jan 2010 - Lost my original blue key (I only had one with the car). 2 new keys cut and coded, replacement clifford remote)
Jan 2010 - MOT, passed with one advisory (corroded inner rear discs, to be sorted next week@poweritalia)
Aug 2009 - Oil Cooler pipes, full service, compression check (Poweritalia)
Jan 2009 - Basic Service, Powercharge high amp battery, new suspension spring (Poweritalia)
May 2008 - Cambelt Change, Full service, new clutch, fit recon gear box (previous chewed the diff out of the blue) (Poweritalia)
Jan 2007 - Full Service, hand brake cables, front brake hoses, thermostat (motormech)
June 2006 - New front and rear discs and pads (DBM)
April 2006 - New front wishbones fitted (DBM)
Sep 2005 - 2 Conti tyres

I'm sure most members have seen pics, as I have been absolutely besotted with this car but below is an exterior and interior shot.

click to enlarge

click to enlarge

Posted By: Elliot85

Re: likely to be selling my moon grey plus soon - 01/03/2010 21:43

A stunning one.

Re: likely to be selling my moon grey plus soon - 01/03/2010 21:44

An easy £5K I would say, probably more to the right kind of buyer thumb It's a tough one, get the price right for yourself (making you happy to sell) and for the buyer (thinks they are getting a bargain).

Getting the price right! It's a tough one!

Re: likely to be selling my moon grey plus soon - 01/03/2010 21:44

that is one beautiful car, and if i had the money i'd have that in a heartbeat. credit to you for keeping it so well.

value is tough, my (wild) guess would £4.5k
Posted By: flyingcustard

Re: likely to be selling my moon grey plus soon - 01/03/2010 21:48

Great example,i`d say 5k plus too

Dave

Re: likely to be selling my moon grey plus soon - 01/03/2010 21:49

such a difficult thing to judge, put it up higher and let the buyers haggle you down or do you risk having no interest? ..

I hate the hassle of car selling
Posted By: sugerbear

Re: likely to be selling my moon grey plus soon - 01/03/2010 21:52

5.5k - 6k if you can wait. How often does a mint airbag plus come up ? Looks fantastic.

Reasonable mileage, interior trim, full service history, respray and MOON GREY ! Doesn't get any better

Re: likely to be selling my moon grey plus soon - 01/03/2010 22:14

Asking and getting are 2 different things.
Good luck though.....smashing coupe BTW.
Paul

Re: likely to be selling my moon grey plus soon - 02/03/2010 08:32

Love the retrimmed seats, looks fantastic! Just curious though, how much did that cost approximately?

Re: likely to be selling my moon grey plus soon - 02/03/2010 08:44

Originally Posted By: Jurgen
Love the retrimmed seats, looks fantastic! Just curious though, how much did that cost approximately?

and who did it? looks a fantastic job! love

Re: likely to be selling my moon grey plus soon - 02/03/2010 08:59

I don't know who did them as it was done under the previous owner. What I can tell you is that it was done "tax-free" at a cost of £1500. Both front and rear seats look brand new, if I was being picky there is a little stretch of the leather on one of the sides of the front seat.

oh, and they're gliptoned regularly smile

I don't think I'd even consider letting the car go for less than £5.8k, given the number of big jobs done on it.

Re: likely to be selling my moon grey plus soon - 02/03/2010 09:18

5k to 6k all day long!!

such a stunning example!!!!

Re: likely to be selling my moon grey plus soon - 02/03/2010 09:20

^^^ 2nd that ^^^
Posted By: bezzer

Re: likely to be selling my moon grey plus soon - 02/03/2010 09:39

Lovely example. I reckon between £5k - £5.5k

Good luck smile
Posted By: Sedicivalvole

Re: likely to be selling my moon grey plus soon - 02/03/2010 12:00

5.5k I would say.

Would it be possible to find out whore-trimmed it? Was this Hedge's car?

Re: likely to be selling my moon grey plus soon - 02/03/2010 12:16

yeah, it's Hedge's old car. I can certainly ask him who did the re-trimming.
Posted By: Sedicivalvole

Re: likely to be selling my moon grey plus soon - 02/03/2010 12:56

If you could Duncan I would be very grateful.

I think your car will not sell immediately but is imo worth every penny of £5.5k and imo up to £6.5k given its condition.
Posted By: djmobi

Re: likely to be selling my moon grey plus soon - 02/03/2010 16:13

I reckon its worht about £3k cause thats how much I have in my coupe kitty at the moment smile

In all seriousness though, this has got to be getting on for the £6250 EDz wants for his Vinci LE.

If the NHS start paying for kidneys this coupe might be on my radar
Posted By: Wal_S

Re: likely to be selling my moon grey plus soon - 02/03/2010 19:11

Nightmare as was hoping to buy this car but work commitments prevent it this year frown

It really is the best Coupe I've seen and is in absolutely perfect condition, if you are after a long term keeper this is the one.

Duncan are you really sure you want to chop this in for an M3 shocked
Posted By: Liquid

Re: likely to be selling my moon grey plus soon - 02/03/2010 21:13

Originally Posted By: djmobi
I reckon its worht about £3k cause thats how much I have in my coupe kitty at the moment smile

In all seriousness though, this has got to be getting on for the £6250 EDz wants for his Vinci LE.

If the NHS start paying for kidneys this coupe might be on my radar

Yes and Edz sold like hot cakes didnt it rolleyes laugh

Re: likely to be selling my moon grey plus soon - 02/03/2010 21:14

No comparison though, Edz is two years older, non airbag'd LE. The Plus has a much broader appeal.

Re: likely to be selling my moon grey plus soon - 02/03/2010 21:15

PS Nice car Dunc but 5.8k? I would be surprised if you did get that but best of luck smile

Re: likely to be selling my moon grey plus soon - 02/03/2010 21:19

Yes I reckon it does BUT for 6k and as lovely a car as it is there are ALOT of cars to choose from with the same power and driveability but with much more modern technology in that price bracket. I used to love the interior on a coop but now I feel it looks dated compared to other cars now. I think if someone pays that money for this car they have to cancel out the comparisons to other cars and purchase it purely for its rarity smile
Posted By: jas_racing

Re: likely to be selling my moon grey plus soon - 02/03/2010 21:29

Stunning! £5.5k as a minimum I'd say smile

Re: likely to be selling my moon grey plus soon - 02/03/2010 21:49

i didn't even know EDz had sold..........good news for you Duncan, at least you know there are buyers out there willing to spend proper money on a proper car

Re: likely to be selling my moon grey plus soon - 02/03/2010 22:00

I'm not 100% convinced I want to let go of this car, the lure of that M3 is so tempting though.

Thing is, there are plenty of M3s in good nick out there and I consider my moon grey plus as one of the best fiat coops out there. So much easier to find a decent M3 than to find a FC in this condition (as an all-round package bodywork, interior and mechanics)

and to be honest, having only had it 5 months I've still got things I'd like to improve on (like the stone chips and scratch), ICE, etc

at some point I want to own an M3 and I'm not getting any younger to have the money to spend on fast cars.

Re: likely to be selling my moon grey plus soon - 02/03/2010 22:02

Originally Posted By: djmobi
i didn't even know EDz had sold..........good news for you Duncan, at least you know there are buyers out there willing to spend proper money on a proper car

Lol I was being er...sarcastic frown Sorry for the confusion smile And in case people are thinking oh hes being funny etc...it says advice this is mine smile

Re: likely to be selling my moon grey plus soon - 02/03/2010 22:04

Dunc its a lovely car and your right in what you say. Stick with it unless you want an M3 NOW! smile

Re: likely to be selling my moon grey plus soon - 02/03/2010 22:05

Oh and Edz car is up for 6495! Not 6250...thats pistonheads anyway...
Posted By: Cappo

Re: likely to be selling my moon grey plus soon - 02/03/2010 22:12

Well, I'll pitch in here.....

My Mooner is probably in a very similar condition to Duncan's. Not identical, but very similar; probably both cars have got the odd bit here and there better/worse than
the other.

Those of you who know the history, will know the history, including the Hedge aspect. Otherwise, mostly unimportant. Mine was completely stripped (glass, interior, half the engine bay, etc etc) and professionally, carefully refurbished, slowly, over a period of more than a year. When Carl finished mine, albeit that was 18 months ago, he told me to insure it for, and if I was selling (I'm not) to sell it for, a figure rather higher than what's being talked about on this thread. This on the basis that (a) Carl definitely knows/knew what he was talking about, and (b) he's seen the condition of pretty much every "immaculate" Coupe around and knows what's good, what's not, and what's worth proper money to a proper buyer.

I'm not about to tell you what he valued it at, so please don't ask.

Re: likely to be selling my moon grey plus soon - 02/03/2010 22:53

didnt catch the sarcasm.....sorry

EDz has lowered the price to £6250 on FCCUK...bargain (not sarcasm)
Posted By: technics

Re: likely to be selling my moon grey plus soon - 02/03/2010 23:04

Cappo, can I have a guess? But tell me if im right or close?

Re: likely to be selling my moon grey plus soon - 03/03/2010 19:49

I've emailed Hedge regarding the Leather re-trimming, for those interested, here is his reply ...

"So, the leather. I got the name and number from Rog. It's a guy in N. Essex, somewhere. An old bloke, quite hilarious - albeit, mostly un-intentionally. He's a lovely guy.

He's meticulous but very slow. I don't think he rushed me 1.500 for it; think it was nearer 1.200 (cash, of course). He's getting on a bit and is old school, in every sense of that meaning. As long as you don't expect the car back in a couple of weeks, I'd recommend him without question.

He loves what he does and he LOVES to moan. A lot.......

Call Rog, he'll remember him. Becasuse I never had a receipt, I don't, sorry."

Basically, Call Rog .. he'll know smile

more pics ...

click to enlarge

click to enlarge

click to enlarge

Re: likely to be selling my moon grey plus soon - 04/03/2010 09:07

Cappo,

"Hedge aspect"?

Er, do what?

Cheers,
Hedge
Posted By: JimO

Re: likely to be selling my moon grey plus soon - 04/03/2010 09:21

Originally Posted By: Cappo

Only cos you know it wouldn't sell wink

Its easy to say my car is worth £8k, maybe to you and Carl its worth £8k, but you find a buyer who is prepared to pay £8k! Its simple supply and demand and in this case supply far out strips any demand for a mint coop.

So in that respect I would say for this car, £5k tops, but I would be surprised if it went!

Re: likely to be selling my moon grey plus soon - 04/03/2010 15:44

Originally Posted By: JimO
Originally Posted By: Cappo

Only cos you know it wouldn't sell wink

Its easy to say my car is worth £8k, maybe to you and Carl its worth £8k, but you find a buyer who is prepared to pay £8k! Its simple supply and demand and in this case supply far out strips any demand for a mint coop.

So in that respect I would say for this car, £5k tops, but I would be surprised if it went!

what a complete generalisation. ' I would be suprised if it went'

maybe you don't (or wouldn't) have 5-6k to spend on a Fiat Coupe, but not everyone is limited to the 'usual' budget of 3k which is bounded around on this forum for a mechnically good fiat coupe.

there are however (myself included) people, who wanted the best fiat coupe they could find (and you can include Edz LE in this as well) .. and that is what they're priced at. Maybe, they will take longer to sell but there are buyers out there .. how else do you think I bought the car off Hedge? The price that I bought the car at was actually advised by Rog as a minimum.

and guess what, it sold.
Posted By: JimO

Re: likely to be selling my moon grey plus soon - 04/03/2010 15:47

Its not really a generalisation, a generalisation would be me saying 'it won't sell, no coupes ever sell for £5k' I just said I would be surprised, and I now lay the gauntlet at your feet and say prove me wrong. I await your good news with anticipation!

Re: likely to be selling my moon grey plus soon - 04/03/2010 16:15

I bought the car for 5k, there is no need for me to prove you wrong, I already have .. I bought the car only 5 months ago. Already Spent £750 on ice/alarm system, replacement rad, new hids etc + more to come.. Hedge could have upped the cost more than 5k, and I would have paid because *I* believe the car as a package is worth that.

If I really wanted a vinci grey and given how hard they are to find and in mint condition, I probably would have paid close to what Edz was looking for.

until I actually decide to sell the car, this is speculation until someone actually wants this car and buys it. And judging by a lot of people who know the car or have seen it appreciate it that it's in a very small minority of (near) mint fiat coupes.

Re: likely to be selling my moon grey plus soon - 04/03/2010 16:29

the car would still sell for 5k.

Re: likely to be selling my moon grey plus soon - 04/03/2010 16:40

Originally Posted By: sugerbear
the car would still sell for 5k.

in relation to what?

as in, no matter what else I do to the car, its top limit is 5k ???

Re: likely to be selling my moon grey plus soon - 04/03/2010 16:45

Duncan - if you do decide to sell, price it £500.00 more than you want and get it up for sale. It's the only way to find out for sure what is going to happen with the price thumb

Re: likely to be selling my moon grey plus soon - 04/03/2010 16:57

The easiest way to find out how confident you are of its value is to put it on ebay for £1.

People will keep bidding if they think it is worth it. See if it gets up to 5-6k.

Re: likely to be selling my moon grey plus soon - 04/03/2010 18:35

If this car is mint as it seems I would pay 4.5 tops and I KNOW I would never re-coup that money but I still would but I do like the ebay idea smile lol

Re: likely to be selling my moon grey plus soon - 04/03/2010 18:41

And I think your the only person that thinks edz is worth its price...oh and Edz himself wink

Re: likely to be selling my moon grey plus soon - 04/03/2010 18:43

Or use this thread to get views from people who are interested in buying your coup and start a bidding war!

Re: likely to be selling my moon grey plus soon - 04/03/2010 19:55

i'll start the bidding at £3k..... smile

Re: likely to be selling my moon grey plus soon - 05/03/2010 04:01

3.5 smile
Posted By: Rog20VT

Re: likely to be selling my moon grey plus soon - 05/03/2010 12:17

Ill pay £5k for it.

Unfortunately spending money on a car doesnt increase its value generally.

However, there may be someone willing to pay more based on being what it is, but finding that person wont be too easy.

Id suggest keeping it and enjoying it, M3's are common as muck tongue

Re: likely to be selling my moon grey plus soon - 05/03/2010 12:41

thats exactly what I've decided to do Rog. looking around it's easy to find well specced M3s.

maybe I'll look at selling in a year or so, I love the fact that this car just censored turns heads. The M3 is an itch I have to scratch at some point though.

we can have this debate again when the car is properly up for sale smile For now, this is closed.
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK