Fiat Coupe Club UK

Anyone know this Coupe?

Posted By: Anonymous

Anyone know this Coupe? - 15/04/2010 11:49

Hi All
I'm looking to purchase a 20VT Coupe and noticed this one in Pistonheads:
http://www.pistonheads.co.uk/sales/1448585.htm
Does anyone know of this car?
I seem to think it's been in a few times with the same owner but not sure.
What do you think?
Thanks
Steve
Posted By: JimO

Re: Anyone know this Coupe? - 15/04/2010 11:52

Some history and some MOTs on such a low mileage car would make me wonder if the mileage were true, although no wear on the seats would reinforce the low mileage.

I would ask why the gaps in the history, and what the most current history is.
Posted By: Roadking

Re: Anyone know this Coupe? - 15/04/2010 13:14

I've seen this advertised several times. Price has fluctuated, one ad declared a scratch down the side which then disappeared on the next one.

Always worth a look if you're localish, but I'd be a bit wary based on JimO's advice, and the ad history.

Re: Anyone know this Coupe? - 16/04/2010 11:20

Thanks for the advice chaps.
Looks like it's in vain as it looks as if it's sold.
Steve

Re: Anyone know this Coupe? - 16/04/2010 11:49

I nearly went to see it when it was advertised the other week, but the slipping clutch and (i think) damaged turbo seals put me off. Fair enough if these have now been fixed, but I'd double check the history if it comes back to the market...

Cheers

Re: Anyone know this Coupe? - 16/04/2010 22:39

I saw this car when it was originally advertised in Canterbury.

There was a scratch down the offside rear but the car was in overall good condition. Some rust bubbling on front edge of offside bonnet not mentioned.

The leather interior was the best condition one I've seen in a Coupe and the engine bay did look fresh consistent with the mileage.

I didn't buy it in the end due to concerns over the fact it had no MOT at the time and the car was already warm (I'd rather see a car from cold and watch it warm up).

There's also a dent on the boot.

Little recent history present.
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK