Fiat Coupe Club UK

My LE38 - Time to say goodbye

Posted By: Anonymous

My LE38 - Time to say goodbye - 01/06/2010 13:58

Hi,sorry to hear this, if you do decide to break, can you tell me what condition the front 2 seats are in please? do you have any pics? cheers, Rich
Posted By: mr_tickle

Re: My LE38 - Time to say goodbye - 01/06/2010 14:04

It didn't take long for the vultures to start circling!

I can't believe that a perfectly good LE (and in the best colour) is even being considered for the chop.

Someone please buy this whole.

Re: My LE38 - Time to say goodbye - 01/06/2010 14:06

Yea, hold on a while longer, this may be a good base for my power monster laugh

Re: My LE38 - Time to say goodbye - 01/06/2010 14:12

Originally Posted By: mr_tickle
It didn't take long for the vultures to start circling!

you snooze you lose.....however, I will be pleased to see the car saved rather than broken up ! laugh
Posted By: sugerbear

Re: My LE38 - Time to say goodbye - 01/06/2010 15:02

Stick it on autotrader and pistonheads.

Ebay was rubbish (and still is) for car adverts. had an old renault that didn't move for days , but an advert on autotrader and the car sold in a day for the asking price despite being on ebay for the best part of a week.

Re: My LE38 - Time to say goodbye - 02/06/2010 17:26

Am I missing something here?

As it was announced here in advance that it was to be listed on eBay surely any interested parties here would have bid for it?

Nobody on the forum has their eBay favourite search set to 'Fiat Coupe' which results in a daily email alert listing Coupes listed on eBay?

How much is a respray?

£2700 + £Respray = ?

£2700 - £Respray = ?

Vultures? Do vultures have access to spray booths? Do they make respirator masks in vulture sizes?

Perhaps it would have been better to have claimed for the minor slip on the ice into the neighbour's garage door and got the bodywork dealt with properly then? Just taken the hit on the NCB?

Re: My LE38 - Time to say goodbye - 02/06/2010 23:11

Thanks sugerbear,

I have listed my le on pistonheads and will probably do an autotrader advert on the weekend. Thanks again for your advice.

Andrew
Posted By: sugerbear

Re: My LE38 - Time to say goodbye - 02/06/2010 23:30

Originally Posted By: Monza96
Am I missing something here?

As it was announced here in advance that it was to be listed on eBay surely any interested parties here would have bid for it?

Nobody on the forum has their eBay favourite search set to 'Fiat Coupe' which results in a daily email alert listing Coupes listed on eBay?

How much is a respray?

£2700 + £Respray = ?

£2700 - £Respray = ?

Vultures? Do vultures have access to spray booths? Do they make respirator masks in vulture sizes?

Perhaps it would have been better to have claimed for the minor slip on the ice into the neighbour's garage door and got the bodywork dealt with properly then? Just taken the hit on the NCB?

calm down. you can list classified adds on ebay now buddy.

Re: My LE38 - Time to say goodbye - 03/06/2010 00:18

When you do the Autotrader advert you may want to say when the MoT is due and how much road tax is on it. Just a suggestion. The PH advert has 350 words and doesn't mention either of them. You wonder why you got eBay 'time waters' when you can't even say what the MoT and tax is in advert?

You now have an inbox full of emails all asking 'How much MoT is on it?'.

Quantity versus quality? You're writing a blog or trying to sell a car?

So people reading that ad will now know you've a new job and a VW T5 but have no clue as to how much MoT is on it. Are prople looking to buy a Coupe in the least bit interested in your career or your VW van?

You don't think some people that may be interested in the car may be put off by the verbose, irrelevant waffle?

You had an NA 20V before? Really? Very nice, but how much MoT is on this car you're trying to sell?

Re: My LE38 - Time to say goodbye - 03/06/2010 08:02

and that'll be you told wink

Monza, do you work for Autotrader Magazine smile

Re: My LE38 - Time to say goodbye - 03/06/2010 10:34

wow someone's got a bee in their bonnet! why are you so wound up monza? we're not all advertising professionals or media gods, some of us are just ordinary people trying to sell 12 year old cars laugh

Re: My LE38 - Time to say goodbye - 03/06/2010 11:26

Some of your comments acknowledged Monza, however, I have no idea where you were coming from for the majority of your messages!

I have added the MOT / Tax info as suggested.

My long explaination of the car is simply to give as accurate description of the car as possible so that people do not waste their time coming to see an LE that isn't perfect, however, the price probably reflects this as well.

Regards,

Andrew

Re: My LE38 - Time to say goodbye - 03/06/2010 17:06

I think badmouthing eBay and eBayers as 'time waters' is a bit rich.

I'm also struggling to see why anyone here didn't bid for it if they wanted it and thought it was worth more.

It's not making sense to me.

It looks to me that the eBayers are the only ones with any sense of reality or integrity. At least they were prepared to bid for it and put their money where their mouths were.

I'm not sure why those here didn't.

Re: My LE38 - Time to say goodbye - 03/06/2010 17:26

It's peace of mind.

If you keep it factual and stick to the facts you give less chance of tripping yourself up. And possibly selling the car.

You don't have the time to restore it, but you have the time to break it? How does that work then?

Re: My LE38 - Time to say goodbye - 03/06/2010 18:08

I won't be replying to your comments anymore Monza as they serve to help no one on this wonderful forum that has been helping me since entering a life of coupe ownership 9 years ago.

Regards

Andrew
Posted By: mr_tickle

Re: My LE38 - Time to say goodbye - 03/06/2010 19:50

Monza Do you even own a coupe?

I'm guessing that by your user name you are only 14!

You seem to think that you are able to give good advice to the OP, and yet your advice you gave recently that someone should deliberately defraud the insurance company for personal gain is dishonest, illegal, and extremely wrong.

Now let's stop clogging up andrew's post and allow him to sell his car in the perfectly good manner and style in which he he wants.

thumb
Posted By: JimO

Re: My LE38 - Time to say goodbye - 03/06/2010 20:31

<MOD comment>
Monza (and everyone else), this thread is to comment on Andrews (AJ's) car, lets not drag it anywhere else please! If you are interested in actually asking questions then please do so, but that's all.

Thanks

Re: My LE38 - Time to say goodbye - 06/06/2010 17:25

LE 38 is now in new ownership.... The first person came to see it and drove it away there and then!!!!

Missing it already, but who knows, some day I might get another.

Thanks for all ( nearly all;) ) for your advice regarding the sale.

Andrew
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK