Fiat Coupe Club UK

"Named Drivers" - a question ...

Posted By: Anonymous

"Named Drivers" - a question ... - 22/06/2006 18:54

When someone is a named driver on your policy, I know they are entitled to drive the car with the same level of cover as the policy holder. e.g Fuly comprehensively.

But if that driver has an accident, or claim in your car... who suffers the consequence? i.e is it the policy holder who then loses his no-claims bonus? (Or loses a 'joker' if it's protected)? Meaning the named driver can screw up your otherwise clean insurance record?

I just need to know where I stand, as my partner often drives my car (to pick me up when i'm pissed) but i'm not sure she'll be 'comfortable' with the turbo coupe. This is the first time it's ever occured to me, "what if something goes wrong when a named driver's driving"?!

Posted By: Tartandude

Re: "Named Drivers" - a question ... - 22/06/2006 19:10

My girlfriend is a named driver on my policy insurance. From what I understand if she did have an incident it would affect my no claims as it my policy to begin with not hers (she just happens to be on it).

Thats my understanding of it
Posted By: AndrewR

Re: "Named Drivers" - a question ... - 22/06/2006 19:21

If a named driver has an accident then the policy holder has to declare it as a claim, but the named driver also has to declare it as an accident.
Posted By: Begbie

Re: "Named Drivers" - a question ... - 22/06/2006 21:06

Quote:

My girlfriend is a named driver on my policy insurance. From what I understand if she did have an incident it would affect my no claims as it my policy to begin with not hers (she just happens to be on it).

Thats my understanding of it

Spot on, i lost my mum's NCB's when i wrote off my first car. I was a named driver and she was the main policy holder
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK