Fiat Coupe Club UK

Go, Confused.com, Go!

Posted By: Ed

Go, Confused.com, Go! - 13/07/2006 05:41

Such a revelation, 27 insurers asked, 0 quotes returned, any chance I can get that 10 minutes of my life back???

As a breakdown:
5 closed (although none of them looked likely anyway)
10 refused modified
1 due to details provided??
4 due to claims (1 fault, 1 no fault in 5 years)
3 due to business use (class 2)
1 due to age (Saga!)
3 opted out!

Seems like I need to buy a people carrier... thats red! or something.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Go, Confused.com, Go! - 13/07/2006 18:06

I eventually went with Privilege, who were a couple of hundred less than anything that Confused threw up.
Posted By: Tartandude

Re: Go, Confused.com, Go! - 13/07/2006 18:09

Confused refused to give me any quotes as the car was modified
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Go, Confused.com, Go! - 13/07/2006 18:28

I found that with confused and similar the prices given were far higher than if you rang the seperate companies direct? ...
Cant remember the exact figures but confused had companies quoting something around £900 but I had already done a couple of qoutes direct on there websites and they were £2/300 cheaper ....
Confused are handy as a starting point..but i've always found the best way to get your quotes down is to ring around saying you cheapest quote is £50 less than it actually is? more often than not they undercut it by a fiver/tenner ... ring next one doing the same ... ring a few more .. then ring back your existing insurer once you have cheapest genuine quote? .. I find they will match or beat the qoute to keep your business... give em your credit card detials and job done ....
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK