Fiat Coupe Club UK

Approved Repairers

Posted By: Ecrab

Approved Repairers - 25/03/2013 19:06

Unfortunatly my wifes friends husband drove into my car when it was parked on my drive. His insurance has taken full liability, and said it will be repaired at their approved repairer. I'm a little concerned what might happen to the car while its there, ie people taking it for a run to see how well it goes. Should I let it go there or arrange for the repair at a repaier of my choice?
Posted By: Sedicivalvole

Re: Approved Repairers - 25/03/2013 19:25

I would always use someone I trusted with my car. Never mind about their approved repairer.

Its someone you trust to work on your car.
Posted By: Sedicivalvole

Re: Approved Repairers - 25/03/2013 19:26

Sorry to hear about the bump as well!
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Approved Repairers - 25/03/2013 22:03

I found myself in a similar situation. You have a right to use whoever you wish. I used my Legal cover instead of the insurance agencies. They, my solicitors sent an engineer to assess the damage. My car had only slight damage to rear quarter but was deemed beyond economical repair. The other party was advised of the costs and asked to pay the write-off value, which they did, the car never got wrote off and stayed in my possession, I had money to get the damage repaired and then some. This was because the damage assessor listed new rear quarter, new bumper paint labour etc, in reality it only required a bit of filler, some paint and labour.

see here http://www.fiatcoupeclub.org/forum/ubbthreads.ph...057#Post1365057
Posted By: MarioCirillo

Re: Approved Repairers - 25/03/2013 22:16

I direct you to the Motor Vehicle Block Exemption Regulations (BER)

http://www.theaa.com/motoring_advice/general-advice/right-to-repair-campaign.html

You reserve the right to have the car taken wherever you want.
Posted By: Ecrab

Re: Approved Repairers - 02/04/2013 10:49

Cancelled the collection of the car by the recommended repairer and took it to one of my choice. They say it reqires a replacment door due to the area of the damage. Are new doors still available?
Posted By: Rudidudi

Re: Approved Repairers - 02/04/2013 11:44

AA has new doors cheap
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK