Fiat Coupe Club UK

Seems that Sarah strikes again! Thank you

Posted By: Anonymous

Seems that Sarah strikes again! Thank you - 19/12/2013 12:25

[It was "seems they don't want me to bring my Coupé here"]

I just tryin' to find out an insurance, I moved to London just few months ago and I would like to have my car here, but I've seen crazy quotes lookin' around, about several thousands shocked
Anyone knows a foreign-friendly ( laugh laugh ) insurance?
I've got a perfect driving history, 29yo, 10yrs of driving license and NCB, no claims, anything, the car is LHD and hardly modified.
I can use my italian registration an insurance for 1 year, but after?? I need to know how much I'm going spend...

Thank you to all in advance laugh
Posted By: Serg1

Re: Seems they don't want me to bring my Coupé here - 19/12/2013 12:45

You could try Sarah Fisher @ Glynwood Insurance, 01527 591057 there's a few members on here insured with them, me being one.

Welcome to London. What part are you in?

Re: Seems they don't want me to bring my Coupé here - 19/12/2013 12:52

Glynwood can't provide me a quote, and Adrian Flux didn't reply yet.

I'm living in Earls Court for the moment, but this area is too busy and expensive, I would like to move outside in the future. smile

Re: Seems they don't want me to bring my Coupé here - 19/12/2013 14:41

Would changing your plates straight away to UK make any difference?

Take a look over towards East London places are much cheaper.
Posted By: one4seven

Re: Seems they don't want me to bring my Coupé here - 19/12/2013 15:00

Try Green Light Insurance, very helpful on the phone.

Re: Seems they don't want me to bring my Coupé here - 19/12/2013 17:53

Originally Posted By: Serg1
Would changing your plates straight away to UK make any difference?

Take a look over towards East London places are much cheaper.

That's what I wanna do, but I need an uk insurance and the mot for the registration!

Greenlight ask for 2 years of uk insurance to become a customer and I have to be an uk resident since 3yrs min.

frown

Re: Seems they don't want me to bring my Coupé here - 19/12/2013 22:08

directline seems to be the cheapest... 905£
It's the first I've seen under 2-3k.

Probably I'll go for an insurer like this and wait a couple of years to meet the criteria for GreenLight or similar.

Thank you guys

Re: Seems they don't want me to bring my Coupé here - 19/12/2013 22:20

This seems very unfair on drivers wishing to come over with their car.

Out of interest what do all those Poles do when they come over? Do they drive on our roads without insurance or even an MOT for year after year?
Posted By: Countrycruising

Re: Seems they don't want me to bring my Coupé here - 19/12/2013 22:50

I think this is the link for importing your Coupe and changing the plate, can't help with insurance other then suggesting Sarah above.

https://www.gov.uk/vehicle-approval/individual-vehicle-approval

Re: Seems they don't want me to bring my Coupé here - 19/12/2013 23:21

Out of interest what do all those Poles do when they come over? Do they drive on our roads without insurance or even an MOT for year after year?

simply they always say they brung the car just a week ago, or something like this, as you have six months to register it. And they continue to use their insurance.
In Italy I pay something like 300£, but I wanna have the car registered here as required. laugh

Re: Seems they don't want me to bring my Coupé here - 19/12/2013 23:55

Originally Posted By: Countrycruising
I think this is the link for importing your Coupe and changing the plate, can't help with insurance other then suggesting Sarah above.

https://www.gov.uk/vehicle-approval/individual-vehicle-approval

thank you, I've received an e-mail from DVLA concerning the registration of an imported veichle.
Lot of things to do... it's better start to collect documents I need.

Re: Seems they don't want me to bring my Coupé here - 20/12/2013 00:45

Originally Posted By: Cola16vTurbo

simply they always say they brung the car just a week ago, or something like this, as you have six months to register it. And they continue to use their insurance.
In Italy I pay something like 300£, but I wanna have the car registered here as required. laugh

http://www.standard.co.uk/news/foreign-d...ce-6571863.html

Re: Seems they don't want me to bring my Coupé here - 20/12/2013 09:03

Nice loop hole so I don't blame them for using it, I mean who wouldn't with the costs of insurance now a days.

Re: Seems they don't want me to bring my Coupé here - 20/12/2013 10:58

They do the same in Italy, as you need to register your car as well, but they risk to be prosecuted and often that's happen.
For me, I have to register the car because of the several modifications. In Italy you haven't the opportunity to use a modified car on the streets, I mean... you're not allowed by laws, you do it at your risk. So if I use the car here, I think that would be a problem to pass the MOT and declare the modifications to an insurance if nothing appear on the documents (even the tyres fitted) shocked

Re: Seems they don't want me to bring my Coupé here - 20/12/2013 12:08

The UK MOT is not what I would call strict in comparison to tests performed in Europe. If the car is solid, mechanically sound then it should pass the test with ease.
Wider wheels/tyres are fine as long as they're not protruding the arches, a catalytic converter will need to be fitted to pass the emissions test, other mods like FMIC, induction and larger turbos aren't even given a second look, these would however need to be declared for insurance purposes.

Re: Seems they don't want me to bring my Coupé here - 20/12/2013 12:58

so this means no more scream pipe of the external wastegate and decat..... cry ahahha

Re: Seems they don't want me to bring my Coupé here - 20/12/2013 13:19

They probably won't know what the screamer pipe is, but it'll fail without a cat.

Re: Seems they don't want me to bring my Coupé here - 20/12/2013 13:25

click to enlarge

Can i simply return the wg pipe inside the main exhaust before an high flow race cat? Will be fine?
Otherwise backpressures may be a problem... I've seen a couple of 16v engine with big turbos like GT3076R and internal wg housing, seems to be working, but nothing outperform the external one concerning pressure control and stability, so I would prefer to keep it.

This was the first installation, just to have some fun laugh

click to enlarge

Now ends at the center of the car, it's quite simple to make a Y. I'm going to remove one of the silencers because of the cat. System is custom made, it's also a problem?

Thank you a lot for helping me!

Re: Seems they don't want me to bring my Coupé here - 20/12/2013 13:43

Yes plumb it back in before the cat, this is my my design I built for LE 074.

click to enlarge

Re: Seems they don't want me to bring my Coupé here - 20/12/2013 14:08

My problem is mainly the registration, if you can put it on UK plates then I can try and help. I will speak to the insurers and email you if I can .

Regards
sarah
Glynwood Isnurance
Posted By: Begbie

Re: Seems they don't want me to bring my Coupé here - 20/12/2013 14:27

Surely having an external wastegate pipe won't cause issues, as no exhaust gas comes out of it at idle or the static 2500rpm test, so all you should need is a cat on.

Re: Seems they don't want me to bring my Coupé here - 20/12/2013 15:05

Originally Posted By: Countrycruising
Yes plumb it back in before the cat, this is my my design I built for LE 074.

click to enlarge

Yess so this will be another point on the list.
I'll bring the car for a check-up and the installation of a sport/race cat (100 cpsi will be fine?), I'm worried about backpressures as I was running a 70mm exhaust with external wg. We'll see...

Originally Posted By: SarahJayne
My problem is mainly the registration, if you can put it on UK plates then I can try and help. I will speak to the insurers and email you if I can .

Regards
sarah
Glynwood Isnurance

Thank you so much, I'm not sure I can do the registration without an UK insurance, that's my loophole. confused

Re: Seems they don't want me to bring my Coupé here - 20/12/2013 15:10

Originally Posted By: Begbie
Surely having an external wastegate pipe won't cause issues, as no exhaust gas comes out of it at idle or the static 2500rpm test, so all you should need is a cat on.

yess that's great. I was thinking test is at 4k and over like italian one.

Re: Seems they don't want me to bring my Coupé here - 20/12/2013 16:42

Thank to Sarah, I will get my insurance at a reasonable price and so... I'll bring it here as soon as possible. Can't wait guys...

Thank you so much

Re: Seems they don't want me to bring my Coupé here - 20/12/2013 20:30

Originally Posted By: Begbie

This is very true, for the test it'll be fine as they only hold revs at 3k, but on the road do you think Mr Police Man would be happy with hearing that screaming, I don't think so laugh

Re: Seems that Sarah strikes again! Thank you - 20/12/2013 22:26

Yes, but I always drive slow on the streets laugh if the problem will be only the 30£ charge, I'll take the risk smile

Re: Seems they don't want me to bring my Coupé here - 23/12/2013 11:36

Originally Posted By: Cola16vTurbo
Thank to Sarah, I will get my insurance at a reasonable price and so... I'll bring it here as soon as possible. Can't wait guys...

Thank you so much

Glad to help smile
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK