Fiat Coupe Club UK

ClassicLine insurance woes :-(

Posted By: Blueboyracer

ClassicLine insurance woes :-( - 24/07/2017 08:06

Dear Mr Ives

Thank you for contacting ClassicLine, unfortunately your car is not on our list of Classic Cars acceptable to the insurers we deal with and we are unable to offer you a competitive premium. Why not try Call Connections Ltd on 01473 544 660. We are sure they can find you a competitive insurer that will suit your needs.

Kind Regards,

ClassicLine Insurance
Posted By: came2dance

Re: ClassicLine insurance woes :-( - 28/07/2017 19:01

Is it because it is tuned? crazy

Re: ClassicLine insurance woes :-( - 29/07/2017 07:47

It's pretty much stock and I'm not sure I mentioned Grahams stage 1 chip lol

Re: ClassicLine insurance woes :-( - 29/07/2017 07:56

That's weird then as I'm sure it's Classic that I'm with. Just checked. It is and I only took the policy out in May crazy

Re: ClassicLine insurance woes :-( - 29/07/2017 18:22

That's why I asked them for a quote as I knew others on the forum had cover with them

Re: ClassicLine insurance woes :-( - 03/08/2017 17:27

This might throw some light on it- where do you live (work, park)

Originally Posted By sixmillionsteps
Ive done all my ringing around for insurance, Classicline said they no longer insure Classic Cars that are parked in private car parks in London (well underwriters said).
so 5o odd years old clean free licence £450 and 3000 miles, value £1700 it needs respray how long can i carry on paying this price for insurance, and my London Taxi is £1300!

Classic line insurance

Re: ClassicLine insurance woes :-( - 03/08/2017 18:59

I park in a covered public car park during the day, so bingo thanks 😀:-)
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: ClassicLine insurance woes :-( - 10/04/2018 07:44

I too am not overly impressed with CLI, this will be my last year with them, won't say why on here, private message me if you wish the full story.
Posted By: Dan

Re: ClassicLine insurance woes :-( - 12/04/2018 12:45

Interesting. I'm insured with CLI and they recently asked me to supply photographs of my garage as they couldn't locate it from the postcode.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: ClassicLine insurance woes :-( - 02/05/2018 07:54

Yes, they also asked me for more money to renew the agreed value, to add insult to injury, they wouldn't take Joe as the approval authority.

Not impressed at all, will be leaving them at renewal.
Posted By: Countrycruising

Re: ClassicLine insurance woes :-( - 02/05/2018 08:13

Classic line are idiots, they say they offer an agreed value policy take your money and then reduce it to market value when policy paperwork arrives, weeks later! grr
Poor customer service and an insurance company I would steer clear of as I doubt a total loss claim would see the agreed value paid out in full anyway.
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK