Fiat Coupe Club UK

New all time low!!

Posted By: mr_nobut

New all time low!! - 16/11/2017 16:32

Just renewed my insurance for £129!! Couldn’t believe it....lowest quote ever I think. Full Comp, parked on drive....with the AA!! Think having roadside gave me big discount but went through the merekat site!!! Well chuffed, more funds to keep the old girl going.
Posted By: Submariner

Re: New all time low!! - 16/11/2017 19:04

indeed the price of Coupe insurance has fallen massively for me, with no agreed value I think the pay out would be in coins.

Re: New all time low!! - 25/11/2017 09:14

That’s the rub with ‘normal’ insurance, it’s that we’ll only get a few hundred quid payout it it gets toasted!!!

I did have to argue once when my 2nd coupe got written off but managed to get somthing half decent buy prooving how rare it was and how hard ‘decent’ coupes were to find!!

Re: New all time low!! - 27/11/2017 15:15

Yes as it is all based on risk, I am prepared to take that risk too with circa 2000m a year now the risk has lessened in any case when I purchased her in 2005 I expected her to last only a few months before blowing up.....she's 21 in March and it's 12 years later with this one!

Re: New all time low!! - 28/11/2017 07:49

I know the feeling...I keep expecting mine to die or fail it’s mot so bad it gets binned!! However it just keeps on going, joe at fcss is the main reason I imagine! Did bring it back from the brink a year ago when the boot floor rusted through!!..thought at the time it was a risk spending money on her but so far she’s lasted!! Tough call with these cars if you havn’t got a low mileage keeper!!

Re: New all time low!! - 28/11/2017 08:34

Yes, I have spent money on mine, consumables: arms, shocks, belts, clutches etc over the years. More ££'s beginning of this year on boot seam and front wheel arches/sills; she is a keeper for sure. As with most vehicles of this vintage it isn't about the purchase price its the cost to keep in tip top condition.
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK