Fiat Coupe Club UK

Lancaster

Posted By: barnacle

Lancaster - 08/12/2017 12:40

Got a very good price with Lancaster as a classic, agreed value, restricted miles, and living in a garage - at a third of the price I was offered by Glynwood (as was) and still with ERS.

Finger trouble when they processed it - I asked for UK recovery but got legal cover instead - but they sorted that in a couple of days (and sent me fifteen quid, too!)
Posted By: Gunzi

Re: Lancaster - 08/12/2017 20:53

Great result there Neil. I'll try them next year to see if I can move on from Adrian Flux.
Posted By: RedHotCoupePeppers

Re: Lancaster - 09/01/2018 22:36

Was your car modified? I'm calling them tomorrow for a qoute.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Lancaster - 17/01/2018 10:38

How did you get on Ben?
Posted By: RedHotCoupePeppers

Re: Lancaster - 17/01/2018 21:08

Yes I'm insured with them now £325 mods declared
5k miles a year
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Lancaster - 17/01/2018 21:59

Nice one, I'll give them a try. Thanks for the info & to Neil for the suggestion. thumb
Posted By: bobbyboy

Re: Lancaster - 31/10/2019 08:19

Took a policy out with Lancaster in April, my first time with them.
A couple of months later, I informed them of a numberplate change, stinging me £30 for the privilege, which seemed a bit high at the time, but accepted it without question.
Had to cancel the policy this week, only 6 months down the line.
This is where my disappointment really begins.
I understand that an admin fee will be charged, as I'm not completing the full year agreement.
But receiving no refund at all, not a penny, stunned me enough that I came off the phone to them without even questioning it.
So I'm posting this to highlight the excessive charges, in my opinion obviously, that some companies choose to levy on policy holders.
Suffice to say I won't be looking at calling Lancaster at renewal time in the future.
Posted By: Ballypete

Re: Lancaster - 31/10/2019 08:58

Might be worth looking at Hagerty for your renewal bobbyboy, members get a club discount and they appear to be quite relaxed around admin charges
Posted By: bobbyboy

Re: Lancaster - 31/10/2019 13:10

I used Hagerty the year before, and only used Lancaster this year due to their lower premium.
Maybe Lancaster use the lower premiums to bring business in, and charge higher admin fees to make up this difference.
I've never had reason to cancel a policy, so apart from the odd change mid term, I've never been in this position before.
Ah well, you live and learn.
Interestingly though, on the same day this happened, I also cancelled a modern car policy with Direct Line, as I wanted to put this other car on a classic policy.
I'm being refunded the remaining months premiums, and they're not charging any admin as they admit that they don't offer classic policies, so feel they shouldn't penalise me for this reason. Quite refreshing to be honest, and unexpected.
Posted By: Submariner

Re: Lancaster - 02/11/2019 13:09

I'm not bothered about agreeing a value, I 'insure it for £5K'. with cashback my policy with 2K miles pa is £73 fully comp with £250 excess (with excess refunded if paid out).
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK