Fiat Coupe Club UK

Motor Legal cost insurance

Posted By: srm6

Motor Legal cost insurance - 09/10/2018 12:36

Hi all,

Maybe I've been a mug all these years, but thought I would share something I've found this morning.

Looking into the massive price increase on my insurance, I thought about the motor legal insurance cover that I've always added as an optional extra (if it wasn't priced in), but that was £30 each x 3 cars.

Having done a small amount of searching, came across Driver Guardian who sell standalone motor legal policy cover for £20 for my wife and me (it's £15 for one person). The insurance cost will still hurt, but definitely feel better to not just be accepting this optional extra, thinking that it wasn't something offered separately!
Posted By: kev_megadon

Re: Motor Legal cost insurance - 09/10/2018 13:12

If you are in a work union, its also worth checking if your union covers it. Im with the GMB union and motor legal cover is a completely free perk for being with them, no matter who my insurer is.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Motor Legal cost insurance - 23/10/2018 20:20

Hmmm come renewal think I need to look into this one, +1 on the forever raising premiums though.
Posted By: Serg1

Re: Motor Legal cost insurance - 24/10/2018 09:51

These type of issues can take some time to put right. I had fraudulent claim made against me. As a claim had been made it's then registered with CUE (Claims Underwriting Exchange) until both parties have resolved their issues. As the other driver disappeared this claim was left open. I was informed this case could be left open for 2 years. 30 months I tried to get this closed. Each annual renewal I had to mention this claim which increased my premiums. After 30 months I received a letter from my previous insurance company to say they had decided to close the case due to no evidence. I than had to notify CUE and have it removed. I'm now trying to claim back all the extra money spent on higher premiums. All this because someone used my reg plate to say I was involved in motor accident when I wasn't.
Posted By: Submariner

Re: Motor Legal cost insurance - 26/11/2018 19:20

MEMS do the same Legal Cover for 4 vehicles for about £30 for 24months. Insurance company Legal Cover is a racket for each individual policy. Having said that mine was free with RCIB this month with cash back for £83 fully comp and 4000m pa.
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK