Fiat Coupe Club UK

Insurance needed for modified coupe for 19 yr old

Posted By: Nxb

Insurance needed for modified coupe for 19 yr old - 21/04/2021 16:44

Hello, I am a big fan of fiat coupes and I have just bought one which I didn’t realise had performance modifications on. I am only 19 so this is quite a big problem for me. Can anyone suggest an insurance company that night insurance me for a reasonably cheap price? Thank you.
Posted By: Brilly1uk

Re: Insurance needed for modified coupe for 19 yr old - 21/04/2021 17:08

It depends on what you describe as reasonably cheap?
Insurer's are generally wary of young (male) drivers in fast modified cars as it is a toxic mix in terms of their claims statistics.

Have you considered a "family" multi-car policy with other family members in the same household?
These insurer's tend to treat the association of multi-cars and other family members as being statistically more responsible.
If you were to accept a significant voluntary excess and have some no claims history, this should help?

The other option might be to seek out a "classic car" limited mileage policy depending on your planned mileage?

It is important to disclose the modifications otherwise people can discover the insurance invalid. shocked
Might it not be cost effective, to reverse one or two of the mods - such put back the original chip etc?
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK