Fiat Coupe Club UK

"Up to" 25% discount with Lancaster Insurance

Posted By: Edinburgh

"Up to" 25% discount with Lancaster Insurance - 05/04/2022 13:49

The Club (specifically myself and PeteP at the NEC show) has been approached with a view to attracting business. The 25% discount is "circumstances dependent". Here are the elements of their offer:

Static Show Cover
Historic Rally Cover
Choice of repairer
Salvage Retention
Free EU cover up to 90 days
Two Year Agreed Valuation
Laid Up Cover Available*
24 Hour Claims Helpline
UK Based Call Centre
Limit Mileage Discounts

I put some further questions to him and his replies were as follows:

-The coupe could be your daily and only car, although policy prices are generally lower if it is a secondary vehicle. Proof isn't always required that it is a secondary vehicle in the event of a claim and depends on the circumstances of the claim, it is not something I can give a concrete answer to I am afraid.

- Our mileage caps out at a maximum of 8000 miles.

-We do offer an agreed value policy, there isn't a lower limit – but we don't insure vehicles with a value lower than £1500 if that helps (which shouldn't be a problem for any Fiat Coupe).

-The coupe would not need to be garaged, as we understand that garages are a luxury that some people don't have.
-Upon renewal hopefully a competitive price providing there have been no material changes in situation.

Posted By: Scott1law

Re: "Up to" 25% discount with Lancaster Insurance - 05/04/2022 16:54

I contacted Lancaster insurance and went through the process to get a costing for an agreed valuation. All was going well up to now, however they want you to pay for the insurance before they send the information to the underwriter to get the agreed valuation, this may be less that you hoped for or already have paid for. In the meantime any claim it would be market value.

The quote did not show any discount as mention above. I have written an email to Aaron to ask could the process of sending in pictures receipts, etc before completing the purchase, this will allow you to have the agreed value before purchase. makes sense to me. I will keep you posted regarding his reply.

Does anybody else have a company that can agree before paying premium and waiting for the lottery of an agreed price????

Re: "Up to" 25% discount with Lancaster Insurance - 05/04/2022 17:22

I've also contacted Aaron for a response to this Scott.

On a personal note I was contacted by someone from their sales team today and I only found out after being given a quote that an agreed value wouldn't be available if it was kept on the public road.
Posted By: PaulL

Re: "Up to" 25% discount with Lancaster Insurance - 05/04/2022 21:27

Was Aaron sporting a pencil moustache and wearing correspondent shoes ?

Re: "Up to" 25% discount with Lancaster Insurance - 06/04/2022 11:23

Had a quick response from Aaron at Lancaster and tbh he wasn't happy with either of the two above outcomes. He's going to look into it further with higher management to see if something more suitable can be put in place for our needs, especially the agreed value issue.

He was quite apologetic and given his attitude I think we should give them some more leeway.
Posted By: Submariner

Re: "Up to" 25% discount with Lancaster Insurance - 17/05/2022 20:17

Have had Lancaster Ins on and off for 30yrs.....recently over the last few year's my experience has not been good at all with regard to admin on NCD (they lose or remove it everytime), fees for private plates (didnt pay) and constant spamming via SMS, call and email at renewal time. This was for both of my MGs.....I would not use them.
Posted By: Rosso

Re: "Up to" 25% discount with Lancaster Insurance - 25/06/2022 17:24

Well after my renewal came through at £224 from Hagerty and some discussions with them around agreed values and upping my mileage per year its brought the premuim up to £317 so i thought id ring Lancaster to see if they could beat it.

And so Lancaster weren't all that much cheaper for a very comparable policy at £276 but not requiring breakdown cover for this year has saved me £££

£7500 Agreed value has to be confirmed with photos and could be more or less.
3000 miles
£150 excess

Premium £217

Re: "Up to" 25% discount with Lancaster Insurance - 25/06/2022 21:37

Good outcome, let's see what they offer at the renewal..

Re: "Up to" 25% discount with Lancaster Insurance - 26/06/2022 04:07

Absolutely as these things go it usually goes up although In fairness to Hagerty the premium did stay pretty much the same for 4 years.

Just awaiting the information for uploading the photos.

Re: "Up to" 25% discount with Lancaster Insurance - 28/06/2022 10:03

And as described and 48hrs later I've received my link to the portal to upload photos for the agreed valuation.

Re: "Up to" 25% discount with Lancaster Insurance - 03/08/2022 11:56

Agreed value photos and requested documents uploaded 12th July now complete with a nice valuation in place.
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK