Fiat Coupe Club UK

360 degree thrust bearing Turbo: need to declare?

Posted By: Anonymous

360 degree thrust bearing Turbo: need to declare? - 25/01/2007 17:02

Hi everyone,

Sorry if I'm sounding a div, but having this on my car - do I therefore have to declare it as a mod?

I'm kinda thinking I do but not sure whether it could ever be spotted? Having said that, I think I should do anyway; I work in Lloyds.

Cheers
Posted By: mattB

Re: 360 degree thrust bearing Turbo: need to declare? - 25/01/2007 17:39

If you've still got the same compressor and turbine wheels as standard and the same actuator, it's not really doing anything for you other than making the life of the turbo a bit longer. SO I wouldn't bother, but it depends how much of a clue your insurer has as to modifications and what they actually are.
Posted By: phil_20VT

Re: 360 degree thrust bearing Turbo: need to declare? - 25/01/2007 18:34

Probably best to declare it now its posted on a public forum!
Posted By: TimC

Re: 360 degree thrust bearing Turbo: need to declare? - 25/01/2007 19:05

Agrred with MattB, it is after all a stronger standard turbo and doesn't offer any performance gains... Think you'd be hugely unfortunate for insurance not to pay out because you haven't declared something that makes no difference whatsoever...

Re: 360 degree thrust bearing Turbo: need to declare? - 25/01/2007 23:32

To be honest if they were taking apart a turbo to find that out you would have had to be speeding at one hell of an amount and crashed, and survived and the turbo somehow come unscathed...
For simply making your car more reliable its not worth it and unless they have a clue what it is they will think extra power and just slap a premium on it.

Re: 360 degree thrust bearing Turbo: need to declare? - 26/01/2007 15:12

Ok, thanks for all your comments guys.
Posted By: S1MMA

Re: 360 degree thrust bearing Turbo: need to declare? - 26/01/2007 15:43

what do you write in Lloyds (assuming you're an UW)? I'm down the road in the LUC \:\)

Re: 360 degree thrust bearing Turbo: need to declare? - 26/01/2007 17:34

I'm a Marine Treaty U'wr, for my sins. You?
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK