Fiat Coupe Club UK

22, 1yr NCB, Fully comp

Posted By: Anonymous

22, 1yr NCB, Fully comp - 14/03/2006 00:38

As the thread title says, i'm 22 with 1yrs NCB. I got a quote from Greenlight for £1200 on a 20vt. Is this any good? lots of places refuse to insure me or come back with £2k+ quotes , so in that respect it seems quite good, but £1200 is still a lot of money. Anybody else of a similar age/NCB status with a better deal? If so who with? Are there ways of lowering insurance costs i.e. insure the g/f or parents as named drivers?

Thanks, Mark

Re: 22, 1yr NCB, Fully comp - 14/03/2006 00:43

Yup, stick an older female with a good driving history on the insurance as a named driver - like your mum. If g/f also 22 I wouldn't bother as it won't a make a difference I should think, may even increase the premium

I have to say that £1200 isn't unreasonable for a group 18 car given your age and small ncb...do you only have a year due to lack of previous insurance or a claim..if the latter, that will also put the cost up...

Re: 22, 1yr NCB, Fully comp - 14/03/2006 00:49

For my 20V N/A the best quote I got was £960 (searched through confused). 0 NCB, no convictions, no claims, no accidents etc. I was 24 when insuring it and mine is Group 17 (not sure how much difference that makes) so your quote sounds OK

Re: 22, 1yr NCB, Fully comp - 14/03/2006 17:58

Yea my gf is only 23, so didn't think it would help much. My mam has full no claims etc....however she has a tendancy to use the walls as a guide to getting in and out of our garden. So insuring her on a coupe may not be such a good idea lol, unless she was insured and didn't use it often. I've only been insured in my own name for the last year due to being away at Uni until then. I have no previous claims against my name either. I thought it was a fairly good price, especially as my mondeo td cost £1300 last year

The quote was for a Plus i forgot to add, are prices for insuring the 20vt, LE and Plus all around the same or is there a significant difference? The reason i ask is i prefer the looks of the LE and Plus, but if its a case of £hundreds extra to buy then more to insure then i would look at a nice 20vt and pay the excess on insurance for the body parts from the LE

Re: 22, 1yr NCB, Fully comp - 14/03/2006 18:05

I'm paying £1200 and im a 23r old male, with 5 years clean driving (no accidents) but this is my first policy under my name so 0 NCB yet.

Re: 22, 1yr NCB, Fully comp - 14/03/2006 18:17

Ive just turned 24 with 6 years no claims and its costing me 400 through Admiral

Re: 22, 1yr NCB, Fully comp - 14/03/2006 18:45

give noel dazley a ring 08700466604 i got quoted 565 tpft for a 20vt im 22 3 years ncd parked on street and i live in notts! hope that helps you out.
Posted By: pinin_prestatyn

Re: 22, 1yr NCB, Fully comp - 14/03/2006 19:23

I was paying £1200 when I first got the coupe, I was 22 with 4 years no claims! so it's a very good quote. I'm surprised it wasn't 2K as you only have 1 year's no claims.

Re: 22, 1yr NCB, Fully comp - 16/03/2006 13:53

im with bell 4 yrs ncb 22years old fully comp £795 with my mum as a named driver. i couldnt beat that quote, also all mods declared

Re: 22, 1yr NCB, Fully comp - 17/03/2006 00:57

I pay £1250 for all the bells and whistles and track cover as well for my 20vt and that covers a few mods from having the LPG fitted and the 4 points i have on my licence and 3 yrs NCB

HIC are a good company to me as always, just ring a few places, get a dirt cheap quote and they match them and cover me on any other insured road legal car 3rd party, very usefull on the coupes day of the month and all

Re: 22, 1yr NCB, Fully comp - 17/03/2006 03:46

give elephant a try im with them im a 22 yr old male 3 yrs no claims 1 fault accident and speeding offence and im full comp for £1019!!

Re: 22, 1yr NCB, Fully comp - 17/03/2006 05:57

Yeah and as soon as you say MOD they say, WHAT, you say MOD, they say BYE BYE!

Re: 22, 1yr NCB, Fully comp - 17/03/2006 13:50

Yup, wouldn't even cover an n/a with a strutbrace

Re: 22, 1yr NCB, Fully comp - 22/03/2006 19:46

At 23 with 1yr NCB and 3 points i got insurance for £960

Re: 22, 1yr NCB, Fully comp - 22/03/2006 22:11

mate, take it, i'm getting ten grand quotes!

Re: 22, 1yr NCB, Fully comp - 22/03/2006 22:38

i could do with some help here im 22 with 2 years ncb and im insured for another car which runs out in may by then ill have 3 years ncb and i would have sold the car, instead of canceling the policy and losing my extra years ncb for the sake of 6 weeks ive insured my coop with another company declaring ive got 2 years ncb (not sure i can do this?!) but im gonna cancel it after the other policy runs out so then ill have 3 years ncb and ive had a really good quote for the coop when this happens. is there a better way of doing this as i dont wanna declare my coop sorn for 6 weeks till the other policy runs out, and the other company is asking for my ncb certificate!

Re: 22, 1yr NCB, Fully comp - 22/03/2006 22:41

Erm, could you retype that using punctuation and capital letters please, and maybe some spaces and a carriage return or two

Re: 22, 1yr NCB, Fully comp - 22/03/2006 22:47

why cant you understand it as it is, putting a few larger letters, dots and lines in it wont make it easier to understand, but hey thanks for your help i found it realy helpfull

Re: 22, 1yr NCB, Fully comp - 23/03/2006 00:17

Turbo_verde, Who is your insurance with? Any excess? Sounds like £1200 is a decent quote really, just gotta start thinking about buying a coupe next!

Does anybody know whether there are variations in insurance costs for the 20vt, LE and plus? My quote was for a Plus, and i would have thought this would be the higher to insure. Anybody know from experience?
Posted By: AndrewR

Re: 22, 1yr NCB, Fully comp - 23/03/2006 14:51

Quote:

why cant you understand it as it is, putting a few larger letters, dots and lines in it wont make it easier to understand

Given that you're trying to explain quite a complex set of circumstances, yes, some punctuation and white-space would have made it a lot easier to read.

Anyway I made the effort, and it was an effort, to pick through your scrawl and, no, you can't take out a new policy now using your 2 years NCB as you can't use the same NCB on two policies at once. It's stupid, but that's the way they work.

Technically you've made a fraudulent representation of material facts to whoever is insuring your coupé and, in the event of you making a claim, they'd have a good chance of taking you to court to reclaim their loses.

I would suggest you either:

a) Get rid of the other car and pay an extra premium to switch the policy that covers it to the coupé or

b) If that isn't possible or too expensive then SORN the coupé and keep it off-road for 6 weeks (note that even if it's taxed it needs to be insured to be parked on the public road) or

c) Explain the situation to the company that is insuring the coupé and ask for their advice. They'll probably stick an extra premium on your policy which you'll have to pay or they might refuse to insure you at all ... which would be interesting.

You should also remember that when you cancel your policy in May it's likely to cost you 10-20% of the premium for those 6 weeks of cover, so it could well be a very expensive 6 weeks of insurance.

Re: 22, 1yr NCB, Fully comp - 23/03/2006 16:17

That was a bit more helpfull thanks, but ive discovered all that myself. I have canceled the policy for my coop now and have declared it sorn as i dont use it much anyway. And why do people come on here and pick fault with other peoples posts , yes i didnt pay attention at school , and yes my spelling, punctuation and grammer are sh*te, but there is no need to take the p*ss. Havn't some of you got better things to do , i thought this was a friendly forum, not a play ground full of bullies!
Posted By: Tartandude

Re: 22, 1yr NCB, Fully comp - 23/03/2006 16:32

Quote:

but there is no need to take the p*ss. Havn't some of you got better things to do , i thought this was a friendly forum, not a play ground full of bullies!

Vickster wasn't taking the P*ss as you put it. She was asking for you to put the information you posted in a more readable format in order for more people to read it and understand and in doing so being able to help you. In any case if you had found out all the informatin that AndrewR gave you what was the point in posting anyway? This is a friendly forum by the way

Re: 22, 1yr NCB, Fully comp - 23/03/2006 16:35

Indeed, I wasn't I just couldn't understand it, wanted to help but didn't personally have time to reformat to make it comprehensible

Re: 22, 1yr NCB, Fully comp - 23/03/2006 16:38

Well i thought it was offencive anyway. I found the information out after i put up the post, thought id ask on here first but all i got was abuse so did some digging myself and found out it was all bad news

Re: 22, 1yr NCB, Fully comp - 23/03/2006 16:53

Ok i appologise to you all, you were just trying to help me . Im in a bad mood at the mo everything seems to be going wrong so i look at everthing in a bad way. I could do with going to night college though, as i mentioned i didnt pay attention at school!

Re: 22, 1yr NCB, Fully comp - 23/03/2006 17:19

I don't think anybody here wants to pick on you if you genuinely have problems with written English, it's just that writing your posts in one big block of text with no punctuation and no capitals makes them very hard to read.

Try reading my original reply to you again and you'll see what I mean ...

Quote:

given that youre trying to explain quite a complex set of circumstances yes some punctuation and white-space would have made it a lot easier to read anyway i made the effort and it was an effort to pick through your scrawl and no you cant take out a new policy now using your 2 years ncb as you cant use the same ncb on two policies at once its stupid but thats the way they work technically youve made a fraudulent representation of material facts to whoever is insuring your coupé and in the event of you making a claim theyd have a good chance of taking you to court to reclaim their loses i would suggest you either get rid of the other car and pay an extra premium to switch the policy that covers it to the coupé or if that isnt possible or too expensive then sorn the coupé and keep it offroad for 6 weeks note that even if its taxed it needs to be insured to be parked on the public road or explain the situation to the company that is insuring the coupé and ask for their advice theyll probably stick an extra premium on your policy which youll have to pay or they might refuse to insure you at all which would be interesting you should also remember that when you cancel your policy in may its likely to cost you 10-20% of the premium for those 6 weeks of cover so it could well be a very expensive 6 weeks of insurance

Posted By: came2dance

Re: 22, 1yr NCB, Fully comp - 23/03/2006 17:41

I love this forum

Re: 22, 1yr NCB, Fully comp - 23/03/2006 22:18

I didnt find it a problem reading that, but i do take your point, it is easier. Can we drop it now, or do you wanna take it outside!!!!

Re: 22, 1yr NCB, Fully comp - 27/03/2006 19:42

Quote:

Turbo_verde, Who is your insurance with? Any excess? Sounds like £1200 is a decent quote really, just gotta start thinking about buying a coupe next!

Mine is with Greenlight. I think my excess is £250.

Re: 22, 1yr NCB, Fully comp - 28/03/2006 06:00

Mums the word. Ive got my coop in my mum's name and pay £285 for TPFT. Im 28 and my mums got 3 years NCB. Good old Norwich Union.

I didn't even go to school and my spelling is fine. Lazy, thats a word.

Re: 22, 1yr NCB, Fully comp - 28/03/2006 21:16

I just called noel dazley, 425 comp. I'll be calling NU later today to give them the bad news.

Re: 22, 1yr NCB, Fully comp - 29/03/2006 01:02

Quote:

Ive got my coop in my mum's name and pay £285 for TPFT. Im 28 and my mums got 3 years NCB.

Good lord, it's bad enough teenagers fronting, but surely you're old enough to have your insurance legitimately by now.

Re: 22, 1yr NCB, Fully comp - 29/03/2006 02:22

I remember Jamie Cullum singing a song called Fronting, is this what your talking about. I don't know what fronting is but if Jamie Cullum wrote a song about it then it can't be very cool.

Re: 22, 1yr NCB, Fully comp - 29/03/2006 02:49

Fronting is putting your insurance in the name of a more experienced driver, normally a parent, in order to get cheaper premiums.

It's not cool, but it does sound nicer than fraud.

Re: 22, 1yr NCB, Fully comp - 29/03/2006 19:19

Which insurance company do you work for?

Re: 22, 1yr NCB, Fully comp - 29/03/2006 22:56

I don't work for any insurance company, but I do pay for three lots of insurance (my car, my bike and my wife's car) and part of what I pay goes to cover loses made by the insurance company because people have made a fraudulent representation of the risk they represent.

If people didn't defraud insurers my premiums would be less, which would be nice.

Re: 22, 1yr NCB, Fully comp - 29/03/2006 23:11

Hear hear!

The other party involved in my accident had no insurance, so there was no chance of my insurers making any sort of claim if it was deemed to be a joint fault accident...thus, I shall be out of pocket now for at least the next three years through significantly higher premiums as it is deemed my fault regardless despite having a protected NCB (in addition to having had to pay the excess). The other guy was subsequently charged, convicted and fined for not having insurance, so at least some justice was served on him, not that this benefits me

IMO if you cannot afford to insure a car yourself, you shouldn't buy it, tough...if in this instance your mum is the owner, registered keeper and main driver of the car then fine...

Btw I have no issue with youngsters naming a parent etc on their policy for the car for which they they are legally responsible.

Re: 22, 1yr NCB, Fully comp - 30/03/2006 00:17

im 21 0 ncb and for fully comp my lowest quote so far is 1400 with my old dear on the policy. thats for a 20vt.

Re: 22, 1yr NCB, Fully comp - 30/03/2006 01:41

yeah and if some peoples premiums were less (providing they have no reason to be extortionate, other than age) then they probably wouldnt be fraudulent!

Re: 22, 1yr NCB, Fully comp - 30/03/2006 14:24

High premiums are no excuse for fraud, because all that does is push the premiums higher still.

If anybody isn't willing to pay the premium they should get a car that's cheaper to insure, it's as simple as that.

Re: 22, 1yr NCB, Fully comp - 30/03/2006 19:56

i agree. you will only end up paying more when u get your own policy.

hence why ive been driving puntos for the last 4 years lol.

Re: 22, 1yr NCB, Fully comp - 24/04/2006 21:26

just was going though confused.com since im getting rid of my company car soon and kinnda haven't had my own insurance for 3 years im 23 no noclams but have pass plus live in cornwall cheapest quote i got was 841 quid 3rd party fire and theft on a 20vT thought i was gonna end up with a 106 gti now im getting this kinnda price on this car and my company car is a turbo i won't have to leave that feeling behind now plus i rang the insurance company to make sure the price is right and they said yep hi by the way hehe

Quote-A-Car £841.34 +£21.00

Re: 22, 1yr NCB, Fully comp - 25/04/2006 14:06

Leon,

Some companies will take your company car insurance into account. So don't write it off just yet.

Re: 22, 1yr NCB, Fully comp - 25/04/2006 14:41

well ive got till oct to save money for the car dunno how much im hopeing to have yet but hopefully over 2.5k just gonna try not to buy the first one i see!! when i was putting my details in confused they asked about if i had a company car so maybe thats why it came out cheaper than i thought
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK