Fiat Coupe Club UK

Insurance declarations

Posted By: Cappo

Insurance declarations - 27/06/2008 10:37

Quick question re insurance quotes.

As you may recall, I recently received a NIP for 66 in a 50. That's now (just) been returned declaring me as the driver but I haven't had the COFP yet.

However, my insurance runs out on Monday and I need to renew. On most insurance proposal forms, it states that you must declare pending convictions, but it also asks for details including points and offence code.

So, my question is, should I guess at that (SP30/3 points) or can I not declare it yet as I don't know? My best quote so far is from Elephant, and I called them to ask, but the woman on the other end was dozy to say the least and not particularly helpful - she said it was "usually SP30" (I know) but suggested I just assume the outcome and put that down.

If I "assumed" that I would only travel 500 miles per year, I'd be in the wrong! Is this another "heads they win, tails you lose" scenario or does anyone have a better idea how to play this?
Posted By: Nellybear

Re: Insurance declarations - 27/06/2008 10:50

Probab;y be a SP50. Put it as pending. If you stuff your car and they notice it you won't get anything... it's not worth it mate.

TBH a single SPXX conviction doesn't normally change your policy in any way.. I had two SP30's and my policy price didn't change \:\)
Posted By: stan

Re: Insurance declarations - 27/06/2008 12:17

I'd love to answer this question but I don't talk to criminal types, pending or otherwise outside of work \:P

Nelly's on the money though so there's no point me breaking my self-imposed vow of silence or aiding & abetting a known, or pending, crim \:D
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK