Fiat Coupe Club UK

Short Term Cover For a Third Car

Posted By: Anonymous

Short Term Cover For a Third Car - 17/05/2009 18:23

Hi Folks,

I've just bought a 20V Turbo, and will be selling either my 20V N/A or my Alfa Spider shortly. In the mean time, I'm not covered on insurance for the Turbo.

I'm insured with Adrian Flux.
* Does anyone know if it's cheap/easy to add temporary cover for the third car?
* Alternatively, am I automatically covered third party on the Turbo, since I have fully Comp on the other two?
* I currently pay £530 in total on both, so what should I expect for temporary cover?

I'd love to take the new one for a spin, but don't want to have to wait till one of the others sells laugh

Cheers,

Ian.
Posted By: coupedummy

Re: Short Term Cover For a Third Car - 20/05/2009 00:15

You can get day insurance,dayinsure,tempinsure if you want to take occasionally spins.costs me around 15 on most cars iver driven,tomcat vvc,stilo jtd,mx5 etc. But these company wont insure a 20vt unless your over 25

Re: Short Term Cover For a Third Car - 20/05/2009 17:49

Ta.

I'm 34, so they've already told me they're happy to switch over the insurance for just £30 when I'm ready.

I guess the best thing to do is transfer the insurance, and get the N/A added as a temporary addition until it sells.

Will call them on Friday when I've got some time off and get it sorted smile

Ian.
Posted By: simonj

Re: Short Term Cover For a Third Car - 28/05/2009 11:12

Ian,

How long do AF let you have a temporary addition for, out of interest? I'm with them and may be wanting a temporary addition on my policy quite soon.

Thanks,

Simon

Re: Short Term Cover For a Third Car - 09/06/2009 23:23

Hiya,

Sorry for the delay. They didn't let me add it on as a temporary addition, so I had to set up a new short term policy for the N/A. I think it was £31 for the week smile

Ian.
Posted By: simonj

Re: Short Term Cover For a Third Car - 11/06/2009 09:35

Lucky boy - my 20vt cost me £50 for 3 days temp cover!

Re: Short Term Cover For a Third Car - 11/06/2009 09:56

Very odd, i got 2 weeks temp insurance on my old 16vt (so i could drive it to the dealership for the scrappage scheme) through AF for, in total £61.

£31 of that was the insurance.
£30 of that was administration charges.

(So watch out CoupeNewbie!)
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK