Fiat Coupe Club UK

Elephant and mods

Posted By: aust_powers

Elephant and mods - 26/05/2006 01:02

Before I ring up elephant to check, how much extra would I expect to pay for having a atmos dump valve? + Will be finding out why my car is running faster than standard on tuesday, if it's chipped, would it be a hell of a lot?

Cheers

Austin
Posted By: Mark_S

Re: Elephant and mods - 26/05/2006 02:02

The front line staff will have little idea what a dump value is, if you can convince them there is no more power (true) it should add little. I do recall they just won't insure you with a strut brace - prats
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Elephant and mods - 03/06/2006 16:52

Modified anything (esp coops it seems) = stampeding elephant.

Just got my renewal letter through the post from them saying they are unable to offer cover for the next year due to 'unacceptable modifications' - these being lowering springs, uprated DV, strut brace, Turbo Timer (which they had to list as an uprated engine mod last time round due to lack of specific categories!!) and K&N. Apparently they only covered me last year as an exceptional circumstance cos they fooked up when paying out on a car i wrote off in oct 2004.

My friends had much the same response and random categories over his astra 888, think they're getting less and less mod friendly
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK