Fiat Coupe Club UK

Refunds?

Posted By: Anonymous

Refunds? - 03/11/2010 19:16

What's the crack? Cancelled my policy after getting knocked off my bike in august just revived the refund tock a stupid amount of time to come through
policy cost 760 in June I got 250 back after two months!
Surly they are having a laugh?

Re: Refunds? - 04/11/2010 09:02

My wife says (maybe she should become the resident insurance broker!!) ....... You need to look carefully at your actual policy documents, find the part in the policy booklet headed 'Cancellation' and read what is says about when a policy is cancelled. It should confirm there exactly what, if any refund you get in the event of you cancelling the policy. Check this against what you have received and see if it works out correct. If not then raise the issue with them.

Re: Refunds? - 04/11/2010 21:20

I don't have any documents any more binned them back in august the day I sent in the cover note.
Like an idiot I never read the policy.
Not that you get to read the contract with these brokers before you pay which must be unfair contract terms.

Re: Refunds? - 04/11/2010 21:27

Oh dear, you should read everything within 14 days of taking out the policy. On all polices you have 14 days cooling off and can cancel within that time , you may incur a charge, but it is usually only a small charge. Again it would confirm in the actual policy document the cancellation charge if made.

Is there a way of getting hold of another policy document ie: are they online and you can obtain from there? If so have a look at what the cancellation rate is.

Who is the insurer?

Re: Refunds? - 08/11/2010 19:07

Well I found my documentation.
Unfortunately because my cover-note got "lost in the post", does that every really happen? they only took me chasing them as wanting to cancel frown then charged me on top.
Grate service to a T of the policy.
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK