Fiat Coupe Club UK

At The Grand Old Age Of...

Posted By: Anonymous

At The Grand Old Age Of... - 10/01/2016 18:47

Nearly 50, I have had another mid life (with any luck) crisis and stepped back 25 years and now find this sitting in my garage...

click to enlarge

CBT booked, green lanes here I come.

Anyone want to open a book on how long I can keep it upright? ;-)

Re: At The Grand Old Age Of... - 10/01/2016 19:19

Wow, that'll be interesting! Good luck with the CBT, I passed my bike test first time, it was enjoyable as I also took it later on in life.

Should be okay with that green lane biking. Looks light and nimble. I once took my BMW GS1100 doing that, fell off and twisted my knee so badly it put me of biking and I never returned to it. Hahaha!

I'm sure your luck will be better plus the weight of yours should make it relatively easy to handle.

I will say this to you. Use it on the road for a fair amount of time before you decide to go off road. Get used to the bike and it's characteristics well first; before you venture off road. Here it will be a new learning curve again. Once you feel confident on the bike, go for it and good luck
Posted By: Gripped

Re: At The Grand Old Age Of... - 10/01/2016 19:52

Welcome to bikeworld. Had my mid life crisis in my 30's and still have a 650 in the garage. I'm a bit of a fair weather rider these days though.

Good luck and enjoy!
Posted By: magooagain

Re: At The Grand Old Age Of... - 10/01/2016 20:02

I was just thinking about another bike. That looks nice and lightweight .

I think under 250 this time. My last was a Suzuki dr 650 it was just to heavy for me off road.

Good luck with it all.

Re: At The Grand Old Age Of... - 11/01/2016 17:49

Well, odd as it may be, I raced competitive motocross in my 20s but have never ridden on the road before, so I'm not exactly coming at it from a standing start, but almost :-)

I do intend to get some road miles under my belt and get the feel of a bike again before I go trying to be Jean Michel Bayle again!

Re: At The Grand Old Age Of... - 20/01/2016 20:08

Did my CBT today and am now all official and legal :-)

Time to get the DT out and go pull some wheelies to impress the 'girlies' outside Maccy D's laugh

Or maybe not.

Took me an hour to start the blessed thing. First bike with an electric starter and I just held the button. WRONG!!!

Short bursts, like a kick starter perhaps ;-)

First hoon, just local as it was dark and getting greasy, but great fun now roll on the weekend.
Posted By: Countrycruising

Re: At The Grand Old Age Of... - 20/01/2016 20:42

Congrats on passing your CBT, be safe and be seen and enjoy the freedom of motorcycling thumb
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK