Fiat Coupe Club UK

Erm just bought this!

Posted By: magooagain

Erm just bought this! - 20/01/2016 18:16

Tidy little thing. Ideal for towing behind our camper van. Good mpg makes it good for Gills commute to and from work.
It will suit our lovely roads here. Spring can't come soon enough now. laugh

http://img.pistonheads.com.s3-eu-west-1....-S2166772-1.jpg
Posted By: Barmybob

Re: Erm just bought this! - 20/01/2016 18:46

A mate used to have one of those - looked exactly the same as yours smile

I looked like a right idiot getting in and out of it, had to put my hand on the pavement. I mostly fell out laugh Inside they sound like you're going really quick but then you see the speedo and realize you're not. You can also have a bit of fun in the wet & snow.

Re: Erm just bought this! - 20/01/2016 19:14

Ha ha thanks Bob. Better make sure I have my leather driving gloves on then mate just in case I have to encounter the pavement!
Posted By: MeanRedSpider

Re: Erm just bought this! - 20/01/2016 21:31

I had one of the very first in the UK. It was fun to drive - especially when you got used to the gear change lag (a bit like a pre-selector gearbox!). I had my 85bhp version remapped to 108bhp which made it JUST quick enough to be interesting.

The build quality was terrible - worst I've ever come across. In the two years I owned mine for, it must have been in the dealer for 4 months. They tried to blame the issues on the remap but the engine and transmission were about the only things that DIDNT go wrong. The boost gauge failed at 3 days old and so it went from there. I had SEVEN sets of hinges for the rear hatch after the originals corroded (at 2 years) before the found a set delivered undamaged.

I'd imagine that, as old as that one is, the issues have been sorted. I got rid of mine because I got bored of visiting the dealer and because they are utterly shocking on snow. I don't know about having "fun" on snow - it was hard to get the thing to move.

It's worth pointing out that they are VERY fussy about what tyres you fit. I tried Toyos to replace the original Bridgestones at the rear (as I couldn't get any) and it started to feel like the rear was going to let go any moment. Toyo suggested I tried replacing the fronts too (the wheel offset is different) - all that happened was the car felt like a jelly. Blackcircles, who originally suggested the Toyos, took the lot back and found me some Bridgestones. Apparently Elises have the same tyre fussiness.

Fun car and I'd probably like to try one again - they seem dirt cheap these days for a cult/niche car.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Erm just bought this! - 20/01/2016 21:32

Looks cool, be nice round the country lanes of France!

Re: Erm just bought this! - 20/01/2016 22:00

This one has new falcon F1s all round and running just around 100hp.
It won't see much snow I imagine as we are lucky enough to have a few more rugged vehicles knocking about to use in the snow.

Anything remotely different will stick out round these parts so should get a bit of attention.

Looking forward to taking it around the beauty spots here.
Posted By: Gripped

Re: Erm just bought this! - 20/01/2016 22:35

I always liked them. Especially the roadster coupe.

Small turbo engines with 3 cylinder buzz.

Too pricey when I looked years ago.. Shame to hear about the build quality. Hope it's ok on yours.

Re: Erm just bought this! - 17/02/2016 16:45

Just to update. We got home with it from the uk today.
Nippy little thing. So far we have found that with use of the paddle shift along with throttle control we can shift gear with a tad less shift lag.

Just over 33,000 miles. A tidy car with very clean paintwork and wheels.

First job will be to learn the cars little traits I think.
The roadster forum is helpful with some good how to guides.

Brake pads and a system bleed will be my first job I think.

Engine management light came on after a couple of hundred miles this morning but I could not find anything wrong and it has drove home sound.A roadster forum search beckons.

Looking forward using it in the spring on our weekend camping trips.

Re: Erm just bought this! - 17/02/2016 22:00

Just looking at the pics. It's not a Brabus one is it?

Re: Erm just bought this! - 17/02/2016 22:41

Yes its a Brabus. About 100hp.

Re: Erm just bought this! - 18/02/2016 08:20

Originally Posted By: magooagain
Yes its a Brabus. About 100hp.

Proper car nerd me. wink

Still like em.

Re: Erm just bought this! - 01/03/2016 11:59

click to enlarge
click to enlarge click to enlarge [URL=http://s711.photobucket.com/user/magooagain/media/image.jpg5.jpg.html]click to enlarge
click to enlarge
Just a few pics.
Posted By: jimbob13

Re: Erm just bought this! - 01/03/2016 12:10

I really like that.
Posted By: samsite999

Re: Erm just bought this! - 01/03/2016 15:51

That looks really nice!

Re: Erm just bought this! - 01/03/2016 22:43

Love the Brabus alloys.

I always thought they would be classic car material too.

Like a modern MG Midget.

Also, proof you can have fun with "only" 100bhp.

Re: Erm just bought this! - 01/03/2016 23:17

Ps, this is the ultimate...

1.4 V6 bi-turbo....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xdjj63jOPA0

A bit silly, but awesome fun.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Erm just bought this! - 02/03/2016 07:30

Cool looking car Joe, congrats. Bet you look well good getting in and out that one laugh wink

Re: Erm just bought this! - 02/03/2016 15:55

Thanks guys. Gill and I have perfected a roll in roll out of the car method with the seats pulled back.
I now understand how Barmybob ended up rolling around the pavement when exiting a roadster.

Its a funky little thing with a feeling of speed. Pulls well in 3rd & 4th and is fun.
Like Fiat coupes it needs to be regularly driven to have it running well.
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK