Fiat Coupe Club UK

Swinging 60's 2017

Posted By: MeanRedSpider

Swinging 60's 2017 - 02/04/2017 19:01

Unlikely to be racing before Croft later in the year. Car needs paint and the engine is in Ely waiting to go back in. I still need to do my race medical and get some tyres. I don't want to put myself under unnecessary pressure though I could probably make Silverstone.

I've done a few mods - mostly minor in terms of performance but hopefully improve reliability. The major mod is adjustable front suspension which should help me get the ride height better on these tall tyres. It also takes out quite a bit of unsprung weight. Rear is repaired.

Looking at the results from Snetterton, I wonder if the no-expense-spared Alfa had a coming together on lap one as it, and the car 4th on the grid only did one lap.
Posted By: Jim_Clennell

Re: Swinging 60's 2017 - 03/04/2017 05:39

Looking forward to seeing you race again this year, MRS - whenever that is!
Posted By: Fishy_Dave

Re: Swinging 60's 2017 - 05/04/2017 08:34

Hi Richard,

Will be good to see you at Silverstone or Croft. smile

No accidents that I'm aware of, just mechanicals, in fact we only had one safety car the whole day in a different race (one car went off and needed a tow).

Swinging Sixties Group 1 was a close battle between the Everett BMW and Cairns Frogeye, I think you'd have been in the mix at the front. See you soon, cheers, Dave
Posted By: MeanRedSpider

Re: Swinging 60's 2017 - 05/04/2017 14:17

That's good to hear, Dave. The consideration of drivers for each other in the series is very good.

I thought that I might have enjoyed that race - especially if the car is running properly.

Just been hearing what's involved in Eve's treatment so I'm really not sure when I'll get out.

On another note, my big boss has just bought Hullavington and, in conversation with a colleague, I was saying that they used to run track days there (according to my old circuit guide). Anyhow, I thought I'd check YouTube and lo-and-behold, your video appeared of the last one. Someone might be in touch as it's part of the site heritage.
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK