Fiat Coupe Club UK

Ford focus MK3 RS

Posted By: Coggie

Ford focus MK3 RS - 21/10/2017 22:36

Evening guys.
I purchased a new RS in march this year. Anyone else on here got one? Amazing car and has just ticked over 4000 miles.
Posted By: AnnieMac

Re: Ford focus MK3 RS - 22/10/2017 12:19

My neighbour has one and I hate it. It's so noisy it gets on my nerves!

Re: Ford focus MK3 RS - 22/10/2017 15:02

Ha ha. My neighbor used to say that about coupe to be fair.
Posted By: Gunzi

Re: Ford focus MK3 RS - 22/10/2017 16:50

I’ve not got one but they fixed the biggest concern I had about the old models - sold it with 5 doors.

How are you getting along with it? Is it a manual?

Re: Ford focus MK3 RS - 22/10/2017 17:59

It's amazing. So much fun in the bends and I'm getting around 30mpg. The launch control is a lot of fun and it sounds great. With a 10 month old, having 5 doors is a plus. I'm a fast ford fan and have been saving for a while so I suppose you could call it my dream car. It hasn't disappointed in any way.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Ford focus MK3 RS - 23/10/2017 05:36

I have a modified ST and, although obviously not the same as an RS, these sporty Focus models are massive fun.

Where I take mine for maintenance there's a few RS's and they do sound great. Mine's loud enough to set off the missus's car alarm so I have to park away a bit.... love
Posted By: bezzer

Re: Ford focus MK3 RS - 23/10/2017 07:29

Originally Posted By proccy
I have a modified ST and, although obviously not the same as an RS, these sporty Focus models are massive fun.

Where I take mine for maintenance there's a few RS's and they do sound great. Mine's loud enough to set off the missus's car alarm so I have to park away a bit.... love

Is it still running Proccy? biglaugh tongue

Agree with the OP regarding the practicality, great for families. And despite the moaning Minnie above (AM), they sound fantastic.

I've just sold my ST, running around in an A3 now. Saving the pennies for an RS/A45/RS3 in a couple of years time.
Posted By: Trappy

Re: Ford focus MK3 RS - 23/10/2017 10:24

I'm sure it's a great car. Practical, fun, comfortable etc... but the weight shocked

345bhp is a decent amount by any measure but to ask it to push 1600kgs is a bit of a stretch. I know the engine is tuneable from having looked at the Mazda3/6 MPSs back in the day but sub 1500kgs really shouldn't be a problem...

Re: Ford focus MK3 RS - 23/10/2017 11:34

Not really sure what Mazda have to do with it to be honest.

So apart from it being too noisy and too heavy, if anyone else wishes to do me a message about it, then feel free. I'm more than happy to give advice to any future RS owners.

Craig

Re: Ford focus MK3 RS - 23/10/2017 11:43

Don't worry Coggie, Annie rarely has anything positive to say about anything. And Trappy is the stats man. I think he was just pointing out a similar sized hot hatch comes in a bit lighter than an RS. Mind you, I'd not class an Mazda MPS in the same league as an RS. Maybe an ST.

What colour RS did you get? Nitrous?

Re: Ford focus MK3 RS - 23/10/2017 11:57

It's ok, everyone is entitled to their opinion on a forum.

I did go for the nitrous blue with everything except the seats. I found the standard ones very good (same as the at ones). I test drove the competition and could saved a lot by going BMW or VW but being a fast ford man, there was only one winner. I love it.

Mountune currently take it to 400hp but it is not warrant approved so I'm waiting until mine has expired before going down that route.

Re: Ford focus MK3 RS - 23/10/2017 12:24

Yes I preferred the standard seats to the Shell seats when I test drove one.

The MP375 is the one I'd go for, apparently makes quite a difference and is still warranty covered by Ford.

There were some very very good deals for the M135i when I was looking but they're just too plain looking.

Great choice of colour, hope you enjoy it. Tried Launch control yet?

Re: Ford focus MK3 RS - 23/10/2017 12:43

Yeah, I've heard that is a good map to go for. Might treat myself when I'm 40 next year. I've had a few launches on it. Really good fun.

I could've got a BMW 140 for about 7k cheaper brand new. Bonkers. But like you said, just looks like a regular 118.
Posted By: Trappy

Re: Ford focus MK3 RS - 23/10/2017 14:01

Originally Posted By Coggie
Not really sure what Mazda have to do with it to be honest.

It's basically the same engine confused
Posted By: magooagain

Re: Ford focus MK3 RS - 23/10/2017 14:24

Originally Posted By Coggie
It's ok, everyone is entitled to their opinion on a forum.

I did go for the nitrous blue with everything except the seats. I found the standard ones very good (same as the at ones). I test drove the competition and could saved a lot by going BMW or VW but being a fast ford man, there was only one winner. I love it.

Mountune currently take it to 400hp but it is not warrant approved so I'm waiting until mine has expired before going down that route.

Our very own Fc performance is also a ford rs tuner and these days tunes many more fords than coupes.

Not sure about the warranty issue though.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Ford focus MK3 RS - 25/10/2017 11:51

Originally Posted By bezzer
Originally Posted By proccy

Is it still running Proccy? biglaugh tongue

Yep mate, still loving it love
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK