Fiat Coupe Club UK

Alfa Stelvio

Posted By: Possum

Alfa Stelvio - 22/11/2017 06:05

Just off to attend the opening of the new Alfa/Fiat dealership here in Brisbane and as the invitation says; "You will be amongst the first in Australia to preview the highly anticipated Alfa Romeo Stelvio, a uniquely Italian take on the SUV.

In addition to the preview, you will also be treated to the finest of Italian hospitality and an informative Q&A session with National Editor of Drive Magazine - Andrew MacLean"

The new dealership is part of Brisbane BMW; at least I have a Chris Bangle designed car that is better looking than the BMW ones.

Will let you all know what I think.
Posted By: Mark_S

Re: Alfa Stelvio - 22/11/2017 07:54

Not my cup of tea, but been getting good reviews in European market. Enjoy the Italian hospitality laugh

Re: Alfa Stelvio - 22/11/2017 11:17

Great food, wine and Peroni. (Even had a glass of vino rosso for Theresa) And how could one forget the Italian desserts!!

Quite a number of Australian FCA people present so we were informed of some possible future releases "Downunder".

The Stelvio will be available for delivery here around March 2018. The example on the floor tonight was a 2.2 litre diesel. We climbed over it and it has good size boot but was lacking a wheel in the "spare" storage under the rear floor. Seats were comfortable with ample leg room in the back.

No price has been revealed yet!
Posted By: Trappy

Re: Alfa Stelvio - 22/11/2017 14:03

Originally Posted By Possum

Quite a number of Australian FCA people present so we were informed of some possible future releases "Downunder".

Any update on a the Giulia Coupé late 2018?
Posted By: MeanRedSpider

Re: Alfa Stelvio - 22/11/2017 17:03

My view, as a 30-year long Alfisti, is “WTF are Alfa doing producing an SUV when there’s no coupe or spider???”

Of course, it’s because the Chinese only buy saloons and SUVs.
Posted By: Gunzi

Re: Alfa Stelvio - 22/11/2017 18:59

I'm interested in your thoughts. We may change our 500X to a Giulia in 2019, and the Stelvio would be in a similar price range albeit with less spec.
Posted By: Theresa

Re: Alfa Stelvio - 22/11/2017 19:42

Originally Posted By Possum
Great food, wine and Peroni. (Even had a glass of vino rosso for Theresa)

Thanks Possum cool Hope you had a few Peronis for me too laugh

Re: Alfa Stelvio - 22/11/2017 22:43

Originally Posted By Gunzi
I'm interested in your thoughts. We may change our 500X to a Giulia in 2019, and the Stelvio would be in a similar price range albeit with less spec.

Our other car is a 500X POP (the only spec here with a manual gearbox) and the Stelvio certainly has more boot space as it is a slightly bigger vehicle and has a higher trim level (leather etc). The Stelvio does, of course, share the same platform as the Guilia so I would expect a similar pricing.
"Downunder" we may get a better choice of engines, unlike the 500X where we only have the 103kw (POP and Popstar) and the 125kw and 9 speed auto in the Lounge and Crossplus.

There was no mention of either a Coupe or Spider from the Alfa stable. Would an Alfa Spider take sales from the new 124 Spider (here only in Abarth trim)?
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK