Fiat Coupe Club UK

Alfa Giulia Quadrifoglio

Posted By: Brilly1uk

Alfa Giulia Quadrifoglio - 05/04/2018 19:33

Caught by and then followed a white one with black alloys up the M5 from Taunton to Bristol this afternoon.
Being driven quite sensibly rolleyes
Quite an imposing car which I thought looks a lot better in the flesh than to my mind in pictures and video.
It's a WIDE car mind you?
Posted By: Gunzi

Re: Alfa Giulia Quadrifoglio - 06/04/2018 10:41

I am rather fond of this shape and its great Alfa made it a performance car given the 159 3.2L was rather 'warm'.

Should see one or two at the shows over the next few months, they always stand out.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Alfa Giulia Quadrifoglio - 06/04/2018 11:05

Coupe coming next year allegedly :

click to enlarge
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Alfa Giulia Quadrifoglio - 06/04/2018 12:21

I hope that is true and it looks like that as it just seeing that picture made me make a funny noise.

If i could justify PCP that would be my next car.
Posted By: Trappy

Re: Alfa Giulia Quadrifoglio - 06/04/2018 12:40

Originally Posted By elder81
I hope that is true and it looks like that as it just seeing that picture made me make a funny noise.

^^ This, although that picture was 'imagined' by Autocar according to their article. 641bhp mind smile

Re: Alfa Giulia Quadrifoglio - 06/04/2018 15:12

Originally Posted By elder81

Very funny but your right! love
Posted By: Nigel

Re: Alfa Giulia Quadrifoglio - 08/04/2018 07:13

I see a Q.V. every Saturday - Paul at Motormech has finally ditched his awfully reliable 911 C2S and bought himself a gorgeous red Giulia Q.V.

Epic car.....
Posted By: Gripped

Re: Alfa Giulia Quadrifoglio - 08/04/2018 08:35

I'd be very interested to hear if he has any niggles with it. Our Giulietta has had a number of issues, though engine and drive train has been fine so far...

Issues so far:
1. We're on the 3rd set of fog lights (under warranty) after the plastic chrome bezels crack. Design flaw.
2. 3rd set of discs and pads all round (warranty) due to warping. Ours does have the Brembo calipers, so perhaps only happens with these or just dodgy discs..
3. boot release button sticking (warranty)
4. filler cap servo failed (warranty)
5. clutch pedal needed adjustment
6. temperature sensor in mirror failed (warranty)

The motoring press seem to be saying that Alfa have upped their game, so I wondered if there has been a step change in reliability since the Stelvio and Giulia were launched.

Re: Alfa Giulia Quadrifoglio - 08/04/2018 13:55

Similiar story with my Spider Toby;

Iratic going off of the alarm! grr
Blue&Me issues - calls killed by booming/high pitched screaming noise which requires the ignition key to be removed and the car restarted to clear. evil
CD player error. rolleyes

None of which I suffer from anything else I own - so frustrating!
Otherwise I love it! love
Posted By: MeanRedSpider

Re: Alfa Giulia Quadrifoglio - 08/04/2018 19:21

Based upon my MiTo, you’d be brave to spend M3 or 4 or AMG money on an Alfa - not least of all because of the dealer network. I love the idea of the Giulia (not the Stelvio) but the 4C was a disappointment

Re: Alfa Giulia Quadrifoglio - 08/04/2018 20:06

Yeah, our local Alfa dealer was pretty rubbish. On one warranty visit, it came out of the workshop with a dent !

Anyway, the local dealer has now gone. So the nearest is now in Bristol !!

I've heard that the MiTo has niggles too. I'd just hoped the G would be better. The Mrs is still keen to keep it though, so will see how it goes.

Mark - at least your spider is a bit older and presumably less money to shell out. So, I'd forgive a older/cheaper (used price) car a few niggles, whereas the Giulietta was only a year old when we got it... I expected a comparable experience to VAG, but it's definitely more niggly.
Posted By: DavidRobot

Re: Alfa Giulia Quadrifoglio - 09/04/2018 08:17

Originally Posted By Gripped
Yeah, our local Alfa dealer was pretty rubbish. On one warranty visit, it came out of the workshop with a dent !

Anyway, the local dealer has now gone. So the nearest is now in Bristol !!

If it was Dutton Forshaw/Lookers, I had similar poor experience. I had an Alfa GT at the time and it went back to them 3 times with a steering vibration. Got so bad that I nearly got rid of the car. 9 months later (after some guidance from my father who works in the trade) I spotted that they’d fitted one of the tyres the wrong way round. Swapped it and the vibration disappeared. I didn’t even get an apology, they made a big issue out of the fact they didn’t charge to fit it the correct way rolleyes I swapped to LC motors in Cwmbran and wish I’d done that from the start, much better experience apart from when the courtesy mito ran out of fuel as I drove off their forecourt shocked
Posted By: Trappy

Re: Alfa Giulia Quadrifoglio - 09/04/2018 08:49

Originally Posted By Nigel
I see a Q.V. every Saturday - Paul at Motormech has finally ditched his awfully reliable 911 C2S and bought himself a gorgeous red Giulia Q.V.

Epic car.....

Well it's about time you put a short review up then eh rolleyes Chop chop! type

laugh

Re: Alfa Giulia Quadrifoglio - 09/04/2018 09:30

Originally Posted By DavidRobot

If it was Dutton Forshaw/Lookers, I had similar poor experience. I had an Alfa GT at the time and it went back to them 3 times with a steering vibration. Got so bad that I nearly got rid of the car. 9 months later (after some guidance from my father who works in the trade) I spotted that they’d fitted one of the tyres the wrong way round. Swapped it and the vibration disappeared. I didn’t even get an apology, they made a big issue out of the fact they didn’t charge to fit it the correct way rolleyes I swapped to LC motors in Cwmbran and wish I’d done that from the start, much better experience apart from when the courtesy mito ran out of fuel as I drove off their forecourt shocked

Yep, that was them. We've started using LC Motors in Newport, but might switch to Cwmbran as the centre of "The 'port" is a pain to get to at rush hour. Agreed - LC are a good bunch, and the guy on the main desk owns a Fiat Coupe Turbo, so hats off !!
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK