Fiat Coupe Club UK

New Alfa Romeo GTV by 2022

Posted By: JKD

New Alfa Romeo GTV by 2022 - 02/06/2018 09:33

Oh and a new 8C as well...

Looks like the closest car to the Fiat Coupe will get a successor...
Posted By: Gunzi

Re: New Alfa Romeo GTV by 2022 - 21/08/2018 18:59

That would be a welcome return if they do materialise. It wasn't long ago the only cars they sold were the Mito & Giulietta they seem to be pumping out cars in the right segment which stand out.

Re: New Alfa Romeo GTV by 2022 - 06/11/2019 18:34

Aaaand it's gone...

https://www.carthrottle.com/post/al...canned-bigger-saloon-wont-happen-either/
Posted By: barnacle

Re: New Alfa Romeo GTV by 2022 - 06/11/2019 19:37

To be fair - and at the risk of being accused of a green apologist... I'm not sure that *anyone* really needs another six or seven hundred horse power car...
Posted By: Countrycruising

Re: New Alfa Romeo GTV by 2022 - 06/11/2019 20:06

Originally Posted by barnacle
To be fair - and at the risk of being accused of a green apologist... I'm not sure that *anyone* really needs another six or seven hundred horse power car...

............... and why not Sir? chinny tongue
Posted By: Submariner

Re: New Alfa Romeo GTV by 2022 - 07/11/2019 08:43

Interesting debate with James May on Cartribe with his new Tesla following Jay Leno's stance, to embrace new electric tech to enable the petrolhead enthusiasts to continue with their passion and prevent Govt draconian bans etc....guess that will mean the end of the likes of a new GTV and such by manufacturers.

The rear end of that proposed GTV is beautiful.

Re: New Alfa Romeo GTV by 2022 - 07/11/2019 22:36

Originally Posted by barnacle

A 700bhp+ 8C makes sense. Its a supercar after all.

But a 600bhp GTV? That does seem excessive. confused
Posted By: OnlyItalian

Re: New Alfa Romeo GTV by 2022 - 16/11/2019 20:20

Sadly I heard Alfa are now ditching the plans for a new 8C and GTV. They're also ditching the 4C and Giulietta in favour of two new SUVs.

https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/new-cars/alfa-romeo-scraps-plans-new-gtv-and-8c-models
So much for Alfa being a sporty brand.

Marchionne will be turning in his grave.

I also heard Fiat are planning to stop building small cars. World's gone mad!

https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/new-cars/future-small-cars-fiat-chrysler-doubt-ceo-reveals
Posted By: gturcic20vT

Re: New Alfa Romeo GTV by 2022 - 19/12/2019 21:28

It's sad and shocking, the level of bad management and strategic planning at Fiat group.

Fiat stopped making big cars, because it's hard to fight the Germans and their premium image and "premium" quality.
... stopped making medium cars, because "too much competition" and shift to small SUV.
... don't develop or sell hybrid or electric cars, because "it's expensive and doesn't make a profit".
Now they kill the small cars?

... almost killed the Alfa brand, with not updating/replacing old models.
... didn't develop wagon version of Giulia, even if in Italy wagons make up more than 2/3, and i Europe almost 1/2 of the C/D segment?
Now they kill the Coupe version of Giulia, that should have hit the showrooms the following year? Means that they haven't even started to develop it - how hard can it be to make a Coupe based of a sedan?
BTW Stelvio is not a valid replacement for a wagon Giulia - higher, less comfortable, less frugal and 5.000€ more expensive to start with.

They're still in business mostly because of good performance of Jeep and Ram brands... untill the oil prices go up.

Oh wait, they've merged with PSA... scrap all written, they have solved all their problems - sticking Fiat badges on someone else's effort.

P.S. I own 2010 Lancia Delta, and my father owns 2017 Alfa Romeo Giulia.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: New Alfa Romeo GTV by 2022 - 20/12/2019 01:02

^^ you forgot to mention the incoming bribery scandal :

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...on-bribes-cost-it-billions-idUSKBN1XU29V
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK