Fiat Coupe Club UK

Hughie-mobile Ideas

Posted By: MeanRedSpider

Hughie-mobile Ideas - 04/07/2018 19:12

Looking to find a short-term car for Hughie, my 19 year old son, to drive over the summer.

Any ideas on the best way to do that other than buy something and sell it 3 months later?

Planning on a Punto or Panda - couple of grand tops. Don’t need it for anything longer.
Posted By: Jim_Clennell

Re: Hughie-mobile Ideas - 04/07/2018 20:36

We have a unique opportunity to purchase a fiery Jaaaaag!
Alternatively, buy a Panda with good interior and mechanicals, but with dodgy bodywork. We can use our skills to smarten it up (and tint the windows if you like...), then resell at a profit!

Re: Hughie-mobile Ideas - 07/07/2018 06:31

Thanks, Jim. I think the insurance company would have something to say about the 18 year old driving a big-engined work of art!

Colleague selling his daughter’s 53-plate Clio which seems ideal and I should be able to sell it on pretty easily as it’s in great nick.
Posted By: jimboy

Re: Hughie-mobile Ideas - 07/07/2018 10:50

Thought this was a mobile phone thread. laugh Loads of small cars out there that would fit the bill. Always a deal round the corner being a buyers market. Look for for one that's thirty quid or less for tax. There are more out there than Fiat.

Re: Hughie-mobile Ideas - 07/07/2018 13:14

We bought the Clio this morning. The boy is happy with it.

£575 - brand new MOT, 70k, two new tyres, modern stereo and half a tank of fuel. Very tidy given the age.
Posted By: jimboy

Re: Hughie-mobile Ideas - 07/07/2018 13:53

Sorted, always a big deal for the lad for his first wheels. smile
Posted By: Jim_Clennell

Re: Hughie-mobile Ideas - 07/07/2018 18:00

Sounds perfect!
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK