Fiat Coupe Club UK

Considering a new Peugeot 5008 as family runaround

Posted By: cjh

Considering a new Peugeot 5008 as family runaround - 13/07/2018 22:18

Hi
Just wanted to know if anyone's had any recent experience with new 5008, looks like a good big bus for the family?
Posted By: Gunzi

Re: Considering a new Peugeot 5008 as family runaround - 15/07/2018 10:59

I’ve driven the 3008 a number of times as a hire car and it’s decent for its purpose.

Lots of room, and I like the sliding sun visors to allow more light into the cabin.

I liked the cabin space for the driver, things are where you need them, the only thing I didn’t like was not having switches for the fans and heaters, you have to go through the screen to get to these.

I used it to transport boxes and a person back and forth to the West Country and it was relaxing to drive with a good sound system and sat nav.
Posted By: bezzer

Re: Considering a new Peugeot 5008 as family runaround - 26/07/2018 11:34

Hiya CJ, hope all is well?

We have a 59 plate 5008 which has now done 140k+ miles and never missed a beat. As my dear wife is looking to change it, we had a drive in the new 5008. It's a nice bit of kit, but not quite as roomy as the older model.

With the back row of seats down, the boot is still cavernous. And the back row of seats are only for small children really, think Audi TT/GTV back seats.

Re: Considering a new Peugeot 5008 as family runaround - 31/07/2018 21:30

Thanks guys and hey Beezer! I'm well, hope you and family are thriving?
Got a test drive booked for weekend in 5008, looking at GT line 1.5diesel, but in between time we've had a new Tiguan R Line out for a spin 2.0 tdi and must say I was very impressed indeed, could do with the space of the 5008 and don't much like the Tiguan seven seater, but loving the standard 5 seat R line we drove!

Re: Considering a new Peugeot 5008 as family runaround - 02/08/2018 07:52

CJ, family all well thanks, children very grown up now. Hope yours are ok?

I can imagine the Tiguan is a nice place to be, but I don't think you'll be disappointed too much with the Pug.

As an aside, do you remember this?

click to enlarge

The 2 red coupes stole the show wink

Re: Considering a new Peugeot 5008 as family runaround - 07/08/2018 17:08

Originally Posted By bezzer
CJ, family all well thanks, children very grown up now. Hope yours are ok?

I can imagine the Tiguan is a nice place to be, but I don't think you'll be disappointed too much with the Pug.

As an aside, do you remember this?

click to enlarge

The 2 red coupes stole the show wink

Superb! I do indeed - have you the unmarked original? Wow that’s a lifetime ago! Good times and great craic too

Re: Considering a new Peugeot 5008 as family runaround - 21/08/2018 08:28

CJ, sorry buddy, that's the only picture I have from the day. I think that came from the local rag.

Trying to think if anyone else who was there on the day still posts on here......
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK