Fiat Coupe Club UK

Mitsubishi L200

Posted By: Vinno

Mitsubishi L200 - 11/10/2018 08:49

Hello all,

My dad has got one of these things and has asked me to find out what type of gearbox oil it uses and to buy some for him.

So I'm looking in the manual for it and it says that they need 75W-85 GL-3 oil, fair enough.

The problem is that I cant find anywhere to buy the stuff? My usual haunts of Opie Oils or Eurocarparts havent got any and I don't really know anywhere else that I trust. Is there somewhere else that I don't know of? Opie Oils has some 75W-85 but its GL-5 which I have read should not be used as it can reduce the life of the transmission?

Also, another thing which is confusing me, in the book it gives 2 different amounts of oil for 2WD or 4WD. I dont understand since you can change between 2WD and 4WD whenever you want?

Thanks a lot.
Posted By: neil_r

Re: Mitsubishi L200 - 11/10/2018 12:56

2wd/4wd - I presume there were two versions of the L200 and your dad has the 4wd version?

GL-4 oils will apparently be ok but if it is a GL-5, there may be additives that are not compatible. If it says it is a GL-5 oil compatible with GL-4, it should be OK. Research a bit further but those seem to be the things to watch out for.
Posted By: jonnyboy54321

Re: Mitsubishi L200 - 12/10/2018 05:40

try milneroffroad for mitsi bits
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK