Fiat Coupe Club UK

Alfa Giulia. Less is more.

Posted By: Gripped

Alfa Giulia. Less is more. - 17/11/2021 21:07

The days are numbered for our Giulietta diesel as we've become tired of spelling Giulietta and decided that Giulia is easier, having fewer letters. Less is more apparently.

Less hatchback (it's a saloon), less diesel (it's a petrol) and less fuel economy (it's a petrol). nono

All good. But it has more power (280bhp) oh dear. But the 0-60 is less so that must be good.

The alloys certainly have less spokes, which will save me hours in cleaning.

Anyway, has anyone got one? Interested to hear views.
Posted By: wink

Re: Alfa Giulia. Less is more. - 17/11/2021 21:22

Not sure how you can tire of spelling Giulietta? I really like the look of the Giulia from the front, rear looks a bit BMW for my taste...but it's also a size bigger so more is more. I presume the motor is a 2 litre version of the 1750TB that we have in our Giulietta? That one is 240bhp and it's a bit of a handful for the fwd chassis. Will be interested to see how different the rwd chassis is to drive. Hope you enjoy it!
Posted By: Gripped

Re: Alfa Giulia. Less is more. - 17/11/2021 21:39

Thanks. I have to say I prefer the look of the Giulietta which still looks sharp against newer cars. I never got to try a 1.7TBi QV (ours is a QV line diesel so has all the features except the engine). Not sure about the Giulia engine, it could well be a larger version. I'll have to do some research. It's definitely not the Ferrari derived V6, but that is another £35k! Much as I'd like one.

Agree with the BMW comparison. It could easily be a 3 series. But I think that was deliberately to draw BMW custom to Alfa. I don't like saloons either but they don't do a hatch. (it's actually Mrs Gs car so I don't really get a say in the matter).

The interior is bigger than the Giulietta but the rear legroom isn't as big as you'd expect. The dash and materials are very nice though and it's deceptively quick.
The 8 speed auto gearbox is great too.

As for RWD, we're already looking at winter tyres!!
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK