Fiat Coupe Club UK

Daily driver

Posted By: jimboy

Daily driver - 05/10/2022 12:29

My daily three cylinder Corsa jobby MOT is not far away so checking the front suspension as rears already sorted out. Pretty rusty but things seem fine, so I decided to power clean each side. I don’t have facilities it’s in the parking bay at side of my house. One side at a time up on the pavement Jack up wheel off spray degreaser, leave then wash off, spray with ACF 50 All this by dragging cable, hose from rear of my house, now not difficult in slightest but time consuming, I used to tackle this stuff with ease, but it’s the back and forward, up and down tires me out. How do others manage with little facilities?
Posted By: szkom

Re: Daily driver - 05/10/2022 13:08

Luckily enough no Mot for me to worry about for a good while yet, but I know what you mean just washing the car can be a pain as everything is round the back of the house. So I bought myself a cordless pressure washer that can pick up from a bucket.

Not the last word in water pressure, but still pretty good and definitely enough if you've some type of chemical cleaner as well. Usually I use the soap dispenser to get the cleaner on the car and then swap it out for the lance to rinse.

Re: Daily driver - 08/11/2022 10:15

Bloody hell MOT was due a couple of months ago on my daily. Obviously I messed up the dates. crazy
Posted By: barnacle

Re: Daily driver - 09/11/2022 19:41

Good job you haven't been driving it around then!

Re: Daily driver - 09/11/2022 20:05

Erm! I have been driving it….. rolleyes
Posted By: PaulL

Re: Daily driver - 09/11/2022 21:32

Probably on your way to the test centre.

Re: Daily driver - 10/11/2022 12:07

Yes, I did drive it to the test centre driving
Posted By: Edinburgh

Re: Daily driver - 10/11/2022 12:34

Originally Posted by jimboy

You were saying it was quite a circuitous route...

Re: Daily driver - 10/11/2022 14:13

Originally Posted by Edinburgh
Originally Posted by jimboy

You were saying it was quite a circuitous route...

Indeed it was.
Posted By: respace

Re: Daily driver - 10/11/2022 17:35

Never mind Jim your expected to be a bit gaga by the time you get to our age, make the coop your daily driver and you won't need to worry about MOTs in a few years!

Re: Daily driver - 14/11/2022 16:59

Originally Posted by respace
Never mind Jim your expected to be a bit gaga by the time you get to our age, make the coop your daily driver and you won't need to worry about MOTs in a few years!

Cheers Rob. Daily is now back with me and a ticket for another year. I put it with the local garage as I didn’t have a choice, which is not my usual place and low and behold there’s charges for adjusting washer jets £12.50, securing battery £6.50 as well as *sundries* all toll an extra £30.75. Still it’s back…. rolleyes
Posted By: respace

Re: Daily driver - 14/11/2022 22:04

£30 not too bad but £12.50 for the washer jets what's the hrly rate? How long can you take? Still MOT won't feature on your cut backs! Probably much cheaper than a year's ticket on the coup, is it 25yrs before they become exempt?
Posted By: DaveG

Re: Daily driver - 14/11/2022 23:45

40 years, a long way to go yet wink

Re: Daily driver - 04/12/2022 10:20

My daily a wee 1.0 litre Corsa has started to blow in the exhaust, luckily it wasn’t picked up at MOT time, it would’ve cost a fortune. It’s blowing slightly from the rear, so it’s either a new rear box or a repair to the connection pipe. Not a big job but weather is not playing the game at the moment, it will even wait until next year if need be, hopefully a break in the weather will come.

Re: Daily driver - 11/01/2023 15:03

Another story from the Highlands. Windscreen washers packed up recently in the daily turned out to be the jets, managed to unblock the rear but new ones were ordered for the front which I’m still waiting for. The washer bottle is in the front n/s arch behind the liner. Nothing actually difficult but time consuming and fiddly. I used to have a mobile mechanic and used him while I was working. The filter is like a long rubber grommet with fine holes, I had a blockage before and it looks like the mechanic instead of cleaning he just put a big hole in the rubber filter. Over the years gunge has built up and clogged the jets.

Wipers off and scuttle panel off to change the jets, been like this for days waiting for them. No jets to be had up here had to be ordered. Ah the joys.

Re: Daily driver - 11/01/2023 16:24

Happy birthday Jim! party
Posted By: Countrycruising

Re: Daily driver - 11/01/2023 16:44

Happy Birthday Jim, hope you're having a chilled day with maybe a small tipple later tonight wink

Re: Daily driver - 11/01/2023 17:22

Thanks chaps, aye, refreshments are part of ……in fact wife has just said open the fizz. laugh beer

Re: Daily driver - 11/01/2023 17:56

"Moderators!!"
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK