Fiat Coupe Club UK

Speed Cams

Posted By: Anonymous

Speed Cams - 28/10/2007 02:09

Don't know if this has been posted before but considering the performance of our cars and the zealousness of some of our Boys in Blue, it may prove useful. \:D

http://www.speedcam.co.uk/game.htm

Re: Speed Cams - 28/10/2007 02:17

14 out of 19, i went through them pretty quick. how are you supposed to get the one behind the trees when you can't even see it?

i don't speed anyway \:P
Posted By: Paul_V

Re: Speed Cams - 28/10/2007 02:22

Very good game that \:\)

16 out of 19 on my first attempt.
Posted By: Theresa

Re: Speed Cams - 28/10/2007 03:30

15 out of 19 \:\)

Re: Speed Cams - 28/10/2007 04:39

14/19

If I was speeding and I came across some of those I'd be screwed \:o

especially those black tripod ones.

Re: Speed Cams - 28/10/2007 04:43

do you not think the one on the motorway bridge is wrong though where there are two tripods by the van. i clicked on the tripods themselves and got it wrong \:\?
Posted By: Gaz

Re: Speed Cams - 28/10/2007 13:30

14/19

Re: Speed Cams - 28/10/2007 14:55

17/19.

The one down the street caught me out and the one round the corner.

Ross
Posted By: Tartandude

Re: Speed Cams - 28/10/2007 15:49

Page doesn't load for me \:\(

Re: Speed Cams - 28/10/2007 15:51

doesn't for me anymore!
Posted By: Guzbod

Re: Speed Cams - 28/10/2007 17:09

13/19 It works for me

Re: Speed Cams - 28/10/2007 17:52

15/19 thats 12 points then! bye bye coop
Posted By: Tartandude

Re: Speed Cams - 29/10/2007 14:22

Working now and 14 out of 19 \:\)

Re: Speed Cams - 29/10/2007 14:31

14/19.
So if the mobile vans are not clearly marked and perhaps not even legally parked, then you can challenge the speeding ticket?

Andy. \:\)
Posted By: AndrewR

Re: Speed Cams - 29/10/2007 14:38

No
Posted By: Brewster

Re: Speed Cams - 29/10/2007 15:20

Sumplug, as Andrew so elaborately detailed, I'm afraid if you're caught then you're caught, regardless of whether the van was marked/illegally parked/made of cheese. Essentially they could be sat in a clapped out C-reg Cavalier with no tax, no MOT, sat in the middle lane of the M1 and the ticket would still be valid. Great, isn't it.
Posted By: barnacle

Re: Speed Cams - 29/10/2007 16:34

And your point is? You, of all people, should know that speeding is a binary rule; you *are* or you *aren't*.

The *only* way you can avoid the charge is to *prove* that the measurement method was inaccurate (assuming that the paperwork is in order) and that you were not in fact speeding.

Keep below the speed limit, get no points on licence. Your choice.
Posted By: stan

Re: Speed Cams - 29/10/2007 17:57

Originally Posted By: Brewster
..... regardless of whether the van was marked/illegally parked/made of cheese. Essentially they could be sat in a clapped out C-reg Cavalier with no tax, no MOT, sat in the middle lane of the M1 and the ticket would still be valid. Great, isn't it.

It's given me a great idea to pass on at work, I might even get employee of the month award, thanks for that ;\)

\:D
Posted By: Brewster

Re: Speed Cams - 29/10/2007 18:08

Originally Posted By: stan
 Originally Posted By: Brewster
..... regardless of whether the van was marked/illegally parked/made of cheese. Essentially they could be sat in a clapped out C-reg Cavalier with no tax, no MOT, sat in the middle lane of the M1 and the ticket would still be valid. Great, isn't it.

It's given me a great idea to pass on at work, I might even get employee of the month award, thanks for that ;\)

You're going to suggest Radar Vans made of cheese?

Re: Speed Cams - 29/10/2007 18:52

I don't see any holes in the idea...........

Re: Speed Cams - 29/10/2007 19:19

But that idea stinks!

Re: Speed Cams - 29/10/2007 19:58

The little black tripod sat on the edge of the sliproad on to the dc is the main road in to bournemouth. They're everywhere round here.

Re: Speed Cams - 29/10/2007 20:24

Originally Posted By: DanielTheManual
But that idea stinks!

Yeah but I think the big cheese will like it \:D
Posted By: Lucifer

Re: Speed Cams - 29/10/2007 21:12

Originally Posted By: stan
 Originally Posted By: DanielTheManual
But that idea stinks!

Yeah but I think the big cheese will like it \:D

I think there's a few people here ought to be 'getting their coat' \:D

Re: Speed Cams - 29/10/2007 22:19

Indeed the famous FCCUK coatstand should be looking decidedly empty at this point in time.
Posted By: Nellybear

Re: Speed Cams - 30/10/2007 22:35

15... The one that mentions a 30 limit before the 40 is just outside my house. I have been done there as have loads of my mates.

What you can't see is in the summer there is a tree that overhangs coming up the round...blocking the view approaching the area*

* there is a tarmac area with a sign saying 'police vehicles only'... gives you some idea how much they are up there !!!
Posted By: Welformed

Re: Speed Cams - 31/10/2007 00:30

18/19 - all but the one 100% hidden by a tree. Should work on a time limit though, we'd probably all almost get very few in time.

Does sneaky entrapment = sound deterrant?

Re: Speed Cams - 31/10/2007 01:17

got 19 out of 19,took me 3 tries though.going to specsavers on saturday!

Re: Speed Cams - 31/10/2007 12:18

Originally Posted By: Blueman
Indeed the famous FCCUK coatstand should be looking decidedly empty at this point in time.

Someone's nicked me coat! °\(

Re: Speed Cams - 31/10/2007 13:35

Originally Posted By: Piers
The little black tripod sat on the edge of the sliproad on to the dc is the main road in to bournemouth. They're everywhere round here.

The one after that is Bournemouth as well, the one with the white hotel with grey roof on the left, the camera is a tripod on a left turn.

The hotel is the Commadore and its Southbourne clifftop.

That one moves around that area loads and is in one road or another around there at least a couple of times a week.

Re: Speed Cams - 31/10/2007 13:37

I was doing well - 6 out of 8, until I got pulled over.

S@%T!

Re: Speed Cams - 31/10/2007 14:25

Interesting.................sent this to a few of my colleagues and the high score so far is 15! \:o

Oh, and they said to pass on their thanks for the location tips! \:D
Posted By: bikenut55

Re: Speed Cams - 31/10/2007 14:56

17/19. Dam camera hidden behind the tree's. Nice little game tho!

Re: Speed Cams - 02/11/2007 14:54

Personally, I have never understood the logic behind the claim that speed cameras ought (in a moral sense) to be plainly visible. Surely, if the intention is to get drivers to slow down in general, the knowledge that they are being monitored, but the ignorance as to when and where, forms the perfect combination. Morally, if it is a good idea to control speed, it is a good idea to control it across the board.

Of course, if you reject my initial premise you get a different result. Speed cameras are there to make money, etc..

\:o

Re: Speed Cams - 02/11/2007 15:16

Originally Posted By: Enforcer
Personally, I have never understood the logic behind the claim that speed cameras ought (in a moral sense) to be plainly visible. Surely, if the intention is to get drivers to slow down in general, the knowledge that they are being monitored, but the ignorance as to when and where, forms the perfect combination. Morally, if it is a good idea to control speed, it is a good idea to control it across the board.

Of course, if you reject my initial premise you get a different result. Speed cameras are there to make money, etc..

\:o

Lets put it this way, a visible police car on a motorway or motorway bridge, will slow cars down instantly. An unmarked vehicle does nothing but catch speedsters one at a time. So visible speed cameras work just as effective. Invisible ones are just evil and deserve to be chopped down if found.
At the last count, it was considered 2/3rds of speed cameras are illegal due to the fact they are not positioned at a blackspot under the ruling for cameras.

Re: Speed Cams - 02/11/2007 22:53

It's strange but when you drive a marked vehicle you tend to have a bubble around you of motorists all obeying the speed limits and doing everything correctly, some of them even indicate! \:o

Yet for some weird reason this *bubble* phenomena only seems to work on fast roads, DC & motorways for example. Get into a town and it all reverts to normal, like they believe they can't be seen \:\?

BTW the rules for mobile cameras changed and they can be placed anywhere now, not just at accident blackspots although static cameras are supposed to be sited by statistical analysis.................no further comment from me on that one ;\)

Re: Speed Cams - 02/11/2007 22:55

Oh, and a quick update on how my colleagues are performing with this little game: low score is 9, high score is now 17 (we are sure she cheated!)

Re: Speed Cams - 02/11/2007 22:58

Ah, that law has come in now? Blimey, more revenue for the fat controller [Brown]. What about clearly lit at night then? Seen a couple recently with no visible lighting. Good job i spotted one, although i was just over the speed limit, honest Officer! ;\)

Re: Speed Cams - 02/11/2007 23:01

Clearly lit? I hope you mean the speed camera and not a vehicle? \:o

Cumbria have Red Eye cameras.......see a little double pink flash at night and cry °\(

That's cheating! \:\/
Posted By: simonj

Re: Speed Cams - 02/11/2007 23:02

Originally Posted By: Piers

Yes, I sent this to my Dad who got caught by a camera in that very spot about a month ago. He missed it again on the quiz - should have gone to Specsavers!

Re: Speed Cams - 16/11/2007 17:36

Got off to a good start but only 11......with 6 points ive allready slowed down !!!! \:D

Re: Speed Cams - 16/11/2007 17:50

16 out of 19, whooooooo!

think i recognise one of the roads, the one where it says its really far away but youve already been caught. i could be mistaken though

Re: Speed Cams - 17/11/2007 02:57

The Police should simply start advertising "Enjoy Driving? We Are Watching You."

Blackboxing all cars to obey the speed limit absolutely would supposedly save 1000s more lives than cameras would (according to general consensus, statistics tell another story) so why not do it?

The attitude displayed by every copper ive run into are cars are for getting from a-b and not for going fast in. Of course this rule does not apply to members of the constabulary, they can freely speed off or on duty facing little or no consequences (please dont make me cite the examples).

Problem is if everyone obeyed speeding laws, revenue from cameras would be lost. In the same way if all cars ran on air, where would Mr.Brown get his 65p per litre.

There are so many traffic cops with mobile arrays in london and the southeast and with cameras popping up on DC's every other day(funny how i can name 5 roads used regularly by parents and kids to go to school in my area where a camera would be perfect to catch the loony WVM and lo & behold, there isnt one) i just keep to the speed limit. At my age, in my "fast" car, to many assumptions would be made if i were to get stopped for even doing 10mph over the limit and i would not get a "second chance".

Speed cameras are a decent idea. I am in no way against them, i just feel the Police services in the UK should have a few more ethics about using devices which could save lives in the right place, rather than playing the politicians game and lining their own pockets.

Btw, in no way do endorse speeding or have anything against the various Police Forces in the UK, i just feel considering the percentage of road deaths attributed to inapropriate speed that this matter is vastly overplayed by certain parties and that there are many more contributing factors that cause road fatalities such as:

• dilapidated, uninsured MOT failed cars
  • young drivers not being taught situational awareness/night driving by driving instructors who could not see an elephant in their rear view mirror
  • middle aged drivers who took their test 20 years ago and feel traffic has not changed much
  • Very, very poorly maintained, mismanaged and designed junctions and roads

Unfortunately none of those problems can be solved by sticking cameras on the M1.

Trackday toys are the future, if the Police dont get you the green party will!

\:mad\:

P.S

Rant over, been in Hospital with my mum all day and need to let off steam at someone!

P.P.S

i have a clean driving license, thanks. Also, if anyone likens me to wellformed i will find your coupe and remove the 3rd gear!!!!

Re: Speed Cams - 20/11/2007 20:29

Personally I would like to see a national road safety / awareness campaign for kids (Green Cross Code/Tufty Club etc) and I can't believe that Jo Bloggs who was sat behind a desk in a dead end job can suddenly become a Driving Instructor after a few weeks lessons with the "Instructor College" et all \:mad\: I've seen some really stupid driving from the local instructors so I'm not surprised that the standard of driving in this country is so poor. (excluding me, I'm brilliant - I have a certificate to prove it!) \:D
Posted By: Sedicivalvole

Re: Speed Cams - 23/11/2007 16:24

Originally Posted By: Akeme
Also, if anyone likens me to wellformed i will find your coupe and remove the 3rd gear!!!!

Thats a good threat \:\)

Same with most things in Britain, all about the money
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK