Posted By: Theresa

Jedi religion vs Tesco - 23/09/2009 20:55

laugh

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2009/sep/18/jedi-religion-tesco-hood-jones

Love Tescos responces laugh
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Jedi religion vs Tesco - 23/09/2009 21:18

Brilliant!

I dont know who the Head of Communications is for Tescos but to put this in an official press release is just amazing:

"If Jedi walk around our stores with their hoods on, they'll miss lots of special offers." laugh
Posted By: pinin_prestatyn

Re: Jedi religion vs Tesco - 23/09/2009 22:10

Sounds about right for Tesco Bangor. Full of freaks.

Re: Jedi religion vs Tesco - 23/09/2009 23:06

Wouldn't need help packing though as they can use the force!!

I think the guy that got kicked out is the same one that made front page of the local rag last year!!
He and his cousin where practicing their light sabre skills in their back garden when, and wait for it as I thought this was one of the funniest things ever!!, a guy thought he would take the mick out of them so he dressed up as Darth Vader and just over their garden wall and challenged them!!!
They felt so threatened they took it to the local paper!!
Posted By: sugerbear

Re: Jedi religion vs Tesco - 24/09/2009 07:22

couldnt he have used a jedi mind trick ??

"{Obi Wan]These are not the hoods you are looking for[/Obi Wan]"

Re: Jedi religion vs Tesco - 24/09/2009 07:37

So...Tesco is the new hideout for the Sith,

Biding their time they are!
Fear shall they bring upon us!
Destroyed Lidl shall be (It is little known that the Jedi Temple was removed from Corrusant "Long long ago", turned on it's side and broken up into many superstores selling cut price crap)

This is big news, and explains Tesco's evil minded nature towards its' staff and suppliers.

Re: Jedi religion vs Tesco - 24/09/2009 10:38

Lol thats Great laugh

Re: Jedi religion vs Tesco - 24/09/2009 11:22

hahaha thats absolutely class!
Posted By: Gareth_M

Re: Jedi religion vs Tesco - 24/09/2009 13:02

Originally Posted By: coupedave
Wouldn't need help packing though as they can use the force!!

I think the guy that got kicked out is the same one that made front page of the local rag last year!!
He and his cousin where practicing their light sabre skills in their back garden when, and wait for it as I thought this was one of the funniest things ever!!, a guy thought he would take the mick out of them so he dressed up as Darth Vader and just over their garden wall and challenged them!!!
They felt so threatened they took it to the local paper!!

Here is the Video.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=36W4LHS_x...PL&index=31

Re: Jedi religion vs Tesco - 24/09/2009 13:13

I've just watched the video - to be honest the chap that is Darth Vader did behave like a bit of a nob rather than he was just having a laugh.

I wonder if Tesco's have the same policy against women and Bhurka's? It's very easy to take the p*ss, but.....
Posted By: Brewster

Re: Jedi religion vs Tesco - 25/09/2009 08:23

Of course this doesn't cover Burkas. You can't upset Muslims by asking them not hide in public for their belief in a crap, made up, over-dramatised story.

Re: Jedi religion vs Tesco - 25/09/2009 09:21

You've just managed to sum up what I think of pretty much any religion.

For example I would certainly say that the new testament is highly dramatised, and indeed most of it is fictional, despite a loose basis of truth, yet a lot of people have based their enitre lives around it.....

Re: Jedi religion vs Tesco - 25/09/2009 10:22

Oh yes, in the spirit of fairness I hold the same contempt for all religions. In the words of Dawkin, we're all atheist about most of the gods the human race has thought up, just some of us go one further.
Posted By: Emjay

Re: Jedi religion vs Tesco - 25/09/2009 11:40

Oh well, in the same spirit of fairness...

People can reach a different conclusion on Jesus, but it is good to do so having considered the evidence. Which is something people rarely do (for various reasons). For those interested in evidence, as discomforting as it may be, the New Testament does not readily lend itself to being dismissed because of historical inaccuracy. The rather more problematic question is whether you believe what Jesus said, rather than whether or not you believe he said it.

Now how about we all get back on topic?

Re: Jedi religion vs Tesco - 25/09/2009 12:06

This is all on topic as far as I can see. The original post was of a story of how someone has been asked to remove a garment covering their face based on the opinion that their religion is silly. I simply take the viewpoint that all religions are silly and as such Muslims, for example, should not be allowed to walk around looking like ninjas.

Re: Jedi religion vs Tesco - 25/09/2009 12:48

Brewster, I think the term for a female ninja is Kunoichi.
Posted By: Emjay

Re: Jedi religion vs Tesco - 25/09/2009 13:07

Originally Posted By: Brewster
This is all on topic as far as I can see.

Fortunately, young padawan, the mod force remains strong in me and I can see further wink.

Re: Jedi religion vs Tesco - 25/09/2009 16:36

Originally Posted By: Emjay
Oh well, in the same spirit of fairness...

People can reach a different conclusion on Jesus, but it is good to do so having considered the evidence. Which is something people rarely do (for various reasons). For those interested in evidence, as discomforting as it may be, the New Testament does not readily lend itself to being dismissed because of historical inaccuracy. The rather more problematic question is whether you believe what Jesus said, rather than whether or not you believe he said it.

Now how about we all get back on topic?

Which, in all fairness, surely, does rather leave the ball in your court. We all know that anyone can, and does, say whatever takes their fancy.
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK