Fiat Coupe Club UK

Help, Halfrauds is stalking me online!

Posted By: mr_tickle

Help, Halfrauds is stalking me online! - 01/06/2010 12:02

Annoyingly, when on certain websites, Halfrauds advertising pops up. grr
It even appears with items that I have looked at previously.

I know it's embarrasing to have to admit to visiting their site, but is there a way I can stop this annoying feature?

Many thanks

And no, I don't want another clay bar kit, I bought one last week grr
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Help, Halfrauds is stalking me online! - 01/06/2010 12:08

Setting your browser to block pop up's may be a start me old mucker smile

Re: Help, Halfrauds is stalking me online! - 01/06/2010 12:11

I've noticed this! Youtube keeps telling me to buy Quickclay kits aswell! I havn't been on Halfrauds for over a month confused

Re: Help, Halfrauds is stalking me online! - 01/06/2010 12:18

ALERT ALERT ... Halfraud lurkers are on on this site!!! You dirty boy's ................. (Hence needing the clay bar kit)
Posted By: pinin_prestatyn

Re: Help, Halfrauds is stalking me online! - 01/06/2010 12:23

Mine's the same, the majority of sites I visit, there it is! Halfrauds offering me Carbon air filters crazy I just ignore them; it's only ads after all.

Re: Help, Halfrauds is stalking me online! - 01/06/2010 12:45

You meet to get a adware sweeper or cleaner, you should report this to the company and demand someone sort this out or your going to have to get a independant I.T engineer to come and sort this out ant that you will take it to the small claims court
Posted By: barnacle

Re: Help, Halfrauds is stalking me online! - 01/06/2010 13:24

Or you could just clear your cookies.

Re: Help, Halfrauds is stalking me online! - 10/06/2010 11:57

If you look in the bottom right hand corner of the halfrauds sign on the advert there should be an 'i' (like and info symbol) hover your mouse pointer over this and it will give you 2 options.

I think the 1st one being to cancel the adds from popping up.
Posted By: MarioCirillo

Re: Help, Halfrauds is stalking me online! - 10/06/2010 12:20

Originally Posted By: TheAudioGuy
You meet to get a adware sweeper or cleaner, you should report this to the company and demand someone sort this out or your going to have to get a independant I.T engineer to come and sort this out ant that you will take it to the small claims court

I dont think reporting it to halfords would make a difference it would be the company serving the ads... however there is probably a long long chain of referal companies and to be honest you will never get to the bottom of it.

It seems you have some sort of tracking cookie or ad ware thats monitoring what your looking at... ie if your on the forum a lot and various car websites most of the adverts you will get will be car related... in this instance halfords.

Get your pc cleaned up... try something like

http://www.malwarebytes.org/ - there is a free version and it works a treat
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK