Fiat Coupe Club UK

Seeing in the New Year

Posted By: Anonymous

Seeing in the New Year - 30/12/2011 22:22

We are off to London with friends and our 7 year old son. We've talked about going to see the fireworks and hear Big Ben chime midnight for years and finally we are going, can't wait. cool

Re: Seeing in the New Year - 30/12/2011 22:27

hope you have a great time, we'll be at the other end of the south. off to lands end for a p1$$ up at our friends mums cottage. should be a laugh
Posted By: Theresa

Re: Seeing in the New Year - 31/12/2011 01:34

I hope everyone has fun and stays safe smile

I'm going into work early and finishing at 10pm, rather than my usual midnight finish, so Fosters and I are going to be enjoying a few extra hours together laugh
Posted By: JimO

Re: Seeing in the New Year - 31/12/2011 09:50

Originally Posted By: duke748
We are off to London with friends and our 7 year old son. We've talked about going to see the fireworks and hear Big Ben chime midnight for years and finally we are going, can't wait. cool

Make sure you wear your flak jacket, last time I went, someone got stabbed about 10 foot in front of me!!

Its good to say you have been, but once you have gone, you will think why did I bother!

Its busy, packed, you are herded around by the police, it'll be wet - oh the joy laugh

Re: Seeing in the New Year - 31/12/2011 10:20

Get up there in good time if you want to get a good viewing spot. They close off certain streets when bridges or areas beside the river are full. We didn't go early enough so couldn't get beside the river, and ended up watching it from the gardens near Big Ben.
Posted By: came2dance

Re: Seeing in the New Year - 31/12/2011 11:38

Have a great new year everyone. Hope it's a fab one smile

Re: Seeing in the New Year - 31/12/2011 11:43

I'm meant to be out with the footy lads at the village hall, around 100 people in total and i've several invitations to stay over - so like T i'll be acquainting myself very closely with copious amounts of ale. Not fosters though, i like my beer to resemble something other than chemicals, so it'll be proper mans beer laugh

Re: Seeing in the New Year - 31/12/2011 12:05

Originally Posted By: proccy
so like T i'll be acquainting myself very closely with copious amounts of ale. Not fosters though, i like my beer to resemble something other than chemicals, so it'll be proper mans beer laugh

Chemicals are good laugh I do have some Peronis to start off with though laugh
Posted By: Edinburgh

Re: Seeing in the New Year - 31/12/2011 18:01

We're having a couple of dozen friends around and Mrs Ed has been running her wee socks off preparing snacks and stuff while I do the mulled vino - she always says "Oh this is going to be quick and I'm not spending a lot of time this year making fancy things" and it's always the same - ie all yesterday and today rolleyes I have to say she's got a talent for it as well as the pyanna laugh
eg, figs and serrano ham
cheese palmiers [puff pastry]
potato scones [home made] with smoked trout/salmon
baked chipolatas in honey/oil/soy sauce - my contribution cool
baby toms and herb salad
etc.

2 hours to go!

Re: Seeing in the New Year - 31/12/2011 18:58

I'm on call so no drinking for me, but I might be getting intoxicated picking up the drunken idiots that smash there cars up!

Have a good one everyone. Happy New Year.

Re: Seeing in the New Year - 31/12/2011 20:13

Originally Posted By: Theresa

I'm going into work early and finishing at 10pm, rather than my usual midnight finish, so Fosters and I are going to be enjoying a few extra hours together laugh

Talk to me if you like, T. I'm here all on my own too cry

Fosters is welcome to join in. smile

Re: Seeing in the New Year - 31/12/2011 20:15

I'll be here unless I get called out.

Re: Seeing in the New Year - 31/12/2011 21:04

got spare fosters T if you run out laugh and am home too but with 2 bratz and a fella nipping in and out on call woohoo

living the dream!!!! yipee yipee
Posted By: barnacle

Re: Seeing in the New Year - 31/12/2011 21:18

I get it an hour before the rest of (most of) you, so I can go to bed early and get some kip in a couple of hours!

Re: Seeing in the New Year - 31/12/2011 22:22

I've got champagne !!

smile love drink beer drunk hurl

Re: Seeing in the New Year - 31/12/2011 22:29

Originally Posted By: Enforcer

Fosters and I are now together love We'll be here on the forum throughout the evening laugh
Don't know if Fosters will get on with Special Brew though, could get complicated laugh

Originally Posted By: Lezza
got spare fosters T if you run out laugh and am home too but with 2 bratz and a fella nipping in and out on call woohoo

Lol at living the dream laugh

By the time I run out of Fosters, I'll be in no fit state to drive to yours to get anymore laugh

Re: Seeing in the New Year - 31/12/2011 22:32

Don't know if Fosters will get on with Special Brew though, could get complicated

laugh

Re: Seeing in the New Year - 31/12/2011 22:36

Originally Posted By: Enforcer

Fosters and I are now together love We'll be here on the forum throughout the evening laugh
Don't know if Fosters will get on with Special Brew though, could get complicated laugh

Originally Posted By: Lezza

Lol at living the dream laugh

By the time I run out of Fosters, I'll be in no fit state to drive to yours to get anymore laugh

paul out on call will get him bring you some.....make use of him eh rofl rofl beer

Re: Seeing in the New Year - 31/12/2011 22:44

He needs to find a use somewhere laugh Sorry Paul laugh

I'm ok for beers though thanks cool

Proccy might need some real chemicals in him though, he's only used to the crap chemicals that his employer makes laugh

Re: Seeing in the New Year - 31/12/2011 22:52

I'm ok for beers though thanks cool

Proccy might need some real chemicals in him though, he's only used to the crap chemicals that his employer makes laugh

rofl rofl

Re: Seeing in the New Year - 01/01/2012 00:32

Cheers La evil

Re: Seeing in the New Year - 01/01/2012 00:34

tongue laugh

Happy New Year Paul and be safe on those roads and lay by's!

Re: Seeing in the New Year - 01/01/2012 01:07

Cheers T. I'll try my best.
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK