Capello resigns - 08/02/2012 19:30

Breaking news on BBC News website!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/16941457
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Capello resigns - 08/02/2012 19:31

time for an english man

Re: Capello resigns - 08/02/2012 19:36

Oh dear - england in turmoil again just before a major tournament. Come on 'arry!!!

Re: Capello resigns - 08/02/2012 20:10

Guys such a shame - hope it doesn't affect your chances - hehe

Re: Capello resigns - 08/02/2012 20:17

thank god he's gone , ready for a english manager
Posted By: whatmoretyres

Re: Capello resigns - 08/02/2012 20:20

yeah, bring the brilliant english manager in... oh wait

Re: Capello resigns - 08/02/2012 20:24

Originally Posted By: h2ypr

Try a Scottish manager they always seem to do well in England! laugh
Posted By: MarioCirillo

Re: Capello resigns - 08/02/2012 20:33

English manager won't make any difference ... The team is pony full stop

Re: Capello resigns - 08/02/2012 20:59

thats fighting talk Mario wink
Posted By: jasgol

Re: Capello resigns - 08/02/2012 21:02

I bet Harry Rednapp is having a MASSIVE drink tonight!

Re: Capello resigns - 08/02/2012 21:09

Originally Posted By: h2ypr

Our chances were miniscule, although millions of times greater than yours rolleyes

Re: Capello resigns - 08/02/2012 21:29

I think he got out at the right time, he would have been slated by the nation once we got knocked out of the euros in the group stages!
Posted By: DanTheManc

Re: Capello resigns - 08/02/2012 22:19

John Terry has said there's only one man for the England job, Ron Atkinson laugh

Dirty Arry will probably get the job but didnt he say he would only do it on a part time basis. Spurs are flying high and this could rock the boat.
Posted By: Roadking

Re: Capello resigns - 09/02/2012 07:45

Looking at Arry's record in top flight football (2 seasons with Spurs) I'm amazed there's so much support for him.

His word isn't worth anything (promised the pompey faithful he would "never go West" then did), left Pompey in the lurch (Pompey's current financial problems are rooted in his spending) and nothing is EVER his fault.

When he returned to Pompey having led Saints into the Championship (unfortunately from the Premier, the cloud9) he complained about the squad he'd inherited. Most of which were the squad he formed during his previous tenure (While he would "never go West").

There's a reason he isn't managing United, City, Liverpool, Arsenal or Chelsea. Not good enough springs to mind.

Still at least I'll get a guilty pleasure from England performing dismally if he does end up as England manager.

Obviously this is a totally biased rant from someone who despises the man. Hopefully Freakin Freak will be along shortly...

Re: Capello resigns - 09/02/2012 09:06

Anyone fancy Muhrinio for the job? Harry reminds me of this laugh

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6PbP_pIgR4s
Posted By: JLow75

Re: Capello resigns - 09/02/2012 10:49

Mourinio would be very interesting! Id personally like to see it. But the nation wants an English manager in redknapp. I can see why - with the unrivalled success of the likes of Graham Taylor, Kevin Keenan & Steve McClaren It's a no-brainer :-/ lol
Posted By: Jim_Clennell

Re: Capello resigns - 09/02/2012 10:53

Originally Posted By: JLow75
It's a no-brainer :-/ lol

Well, it certainly sounds like a job for an English football manager then...
Posted By: JLow75

Re: Capello resigns - 09/02/2012 10:54

Also I don't think the country should be too hard on Capello - no one notices England only lost 2 competitive games under him in nearly 4 years. But he will only be remembered for they 4-1 drubbing by Germany in the 2010 w/c

It don't matter where the manager is from - end of the day the current team is corrupt & passionless. We need players to re- kindle the passion shown by the likes of Stuart pearce, gazza, terry butcher etc

Re: Capello resigns - 09/02/2012 12:50

We were trully dreadful in all the games in the world cup and the drubbing by the Germans was the icing on a very small pathetic cake. Did we honestly deserve anything else?

I'm not that bothered if 'Arry takes over. Football managers seem to be a rare breed (English ones even rarer) and very little of them ever win anything, but still seem to get paid huges amounts for it though.

Re: Capello resigns - 09/02/2012 12:52

P.S It was only yesterday afternoon that I said to a friend about the FA waiting to see if Harry got the all clear before they would employ him.

I didn't expect it Capello to leave on the same day that Harry was cleared.

Re: Capello resigns - 09/02/2012 16:14

Whoever gets the job should have a "shadow" with him to succeed him when the inevitable happens
Posted By: sugerbear

Re: Capello resigns - 09/02/2012 16:38

Originally Posted By: proccy
Whoever gets the job should have a "shadow" with him to succeed him when the inevitable happens

Cue the John Terry jokes smile

Re: Capello resigns - 09/02/2012 17:32

Originally Posted By: sugerbear
Originally Posted By: proccy

Cue the John Terry jokes smile

rofl

Re: Capello resigns - 10/02/2012 13:15

If I may look beyond the "Not guilty" Redknapp conspiracy theory for a moment,can I just put my Scots tuppence worth in?
Personally I think Harry is far too good a manager for Englands job! He is flying high with Spurs and has succeeded in every job he has had,the last thing we (Scotland) needs is a manager that can turn a bunch of prima donnas into the world class footballing nation that the (English) media seem to believe they already have.
Do us a favour Harry and stick to doing wot you do best.
Getting the best out of under achieving highly paid unmotivated over sexed athletes.
Oh bugger hes going to take the England job isnt he? biglaugh

Re: Capello resigns - 10/02/2012 15:16

Originally Posted By: Steamer
and has succeeded in every job he has had

No. He hasn't.

Re: Capello resigns - 11/02/2012 00:51

Alex Ferguson, Rio Ferdinand and Wayne Rooney have all said that Harry Redknapp is the man for England. Are Man Utd worried about Tottenham???

Harry, stay at Spurs. Please. Gareth Bale, Luka Modric, Rafael van der Vaart, Younis Kaboul, Benoit Essou-Ekotto, Emanuel Adebayor, Brad Friedel are not English. See the project through.

Mind you, if Harry does go to the England job there is a certain Portuguese gentleman who wants a job back in the Premiership next year with a team in the Champions League.... come on The Special One!

Re: Capello resigns - 11/02/2012 13:46

Originally Posted By: Roadking
Originally Posted By: Steamer
and has succeeded in every job he has had

No. He hasn't.

Success is relative RK

Re: Capello resigns - 11/02/2012 20:46

Dropping my team into the Championship is not a success. Running away once he had doesn't say much either.

I didn't think Harry could say anything that would make me support him for England manager, however I saw a front page today where he says taking the England job could kill him. Hmmm....

Re: Capello resigns - 12/02/2012 09:31

Word is he will only be offered £4m a year and all the talk of " it could kill me" is just early negotiations.

Re: Capello resigns - 12/02/2012 11:44

After watching the Tottenham game last night why would Harry want to leave (apart from money crazy )? That performance was the most joyous display of football that I have seen from any club side this season (including Madrid and Barca); not flawless, but all the players just seemed to be enjoying playing and they utterly destroyed a pretty good Newcastle team.

Does Redknapp need the inevitable grief that will come with the England job? Apart from Venables (a similar character to Harry) no-one has left the job with their reputation enhanced. Even Bobby Robson took stick from the press, and at least he took England to the semi-finals of the World Cup.......

Re: Capello resigns - 13/02/2012 07:54

I think he will be a fool to leave Tot, like you say tim42, the press WILL turn on him eventually, and probably the FA too, Harry's not a 'yes' man, so it would just be a matter of time, a couple of poor results (which will happen) and he will be slated like all the England managers...

...i'd steer well clear if I were him.

Re: Capello resigns - 13/02/2012 08:04

Just in case you hadn't noticed rolleyes I am rather biased being a 50-year Spurs fan....!

I love the Aston Villa fan yesterday who went up to Alan Green (the 5Live commentator) to suggest Alex McLeish for England manager.... there were probably lots of Chelsea, Blackburn and Wolves fans equally enthusiastic to promote their managers' causes laugh

Re: Capello resigns - 13/02/2012 14:52

Mick McCarthy's available!

See!
Posted By: stan

Re: Capello resigns - 13/02/2012 19:21

Originally Posted By: Roadking
Mick McCarthy's available!

See!

That's because he's pish! laugh
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK