Fiat Coupe Club UK

Theresa May ...

Posted By: Anonymous

Theresa May ... - 20/04/2012 16:41

What is all the fuss about with regard to her handling of the anticipated deportation? Either the appeal was lodged in time or not, but in either case Theresa May has made no difference to the 'timeline'.

Am I confused about this?

http://www.guardian.co.uk/law/2012/apr/19/abu-qatada-deadline-appeal-strasbourg
Posted By: Nigel

Re: Theresa May ... - 20/04/2012 16:58

Originally Posted By: Enforcer

Yes

If the arrest had taken place on Wednesday, Qatada would not have been able to appeal.

It's all down to an interpretation of the dates arising from the original EHCR ruling. May thinks the three month deadline finished @ midnight on Monday, whereas Qatada's legal team believes it was midnight on Tuesday.

Re: Theresa May ... - 20/04/2012 17:11

Either way Theresa May should be fired. Just so's we don't have to listen to any more of her patronising, over-enunciated, I-am-reading-from-an-autocue voice.

Re: Theresa May ... - 20/04/2012 17:30

Originally Posted By: Nigel
Originally Posted By: Enforcer

Yes

If the arrest had taken place on Wednesday, Qatada would not have been able to appeal.

It's all down to an interpretation of the dates arising from the original EHCR ruling. May thinks the three month deadline finished @ midnight on Monday, whereas Qatada's legal team believes it was midnight on Tuesday.

So are you saying that the appeal would not have been lodged until he had been arrested?
Posted By: Theresa

Re: Theresa May ... - 21/04/2012 00:51

I'd just like to state that this other high profile Theresa is in no way associated with me laugh

Re: Theresa May ... - 21/04/2012 01:08

Hmmm.... not sure.

OK, here's a test question to winkle out the real Theresa May:

On which day would you have arrested Abu Qatada?

Be careful how you answer laugh
Posted By: Theresa

Re: Theresa May ... - 21/04/2012 01:22

None of the days!

He would have been deported asap and sod the human rights laws/acts and anything else standing in the way of us getting him out of here.
Posted By: Roadking

Re: Theresa May ... - 21/04/2012 09:54

Originally Posted By: Theresa
None of the days!

He would have woken up and found a masked gunman holding a 9mm pistol stood by his bed

Corrected T wink

I remember when the Red Army Faction (Baader-Meinhof) leaders "committed suicide" in a West German prison. I believe Baader shot himself in the back of the head. Possibly while asleep?

Re: Theresa May ... - 21/04/2012 10:11

Originally Posted By: Theresa
None of the days!

He would have been deported asap and sod the human rights laws/acts and anything else standing in the way of us getting him out of here.

Well, all very well, but she would say that wouldn't she.

Still not sure ... chinny
Posted By: Brewster

Re: Theresa May ... - 07/07/2013 01:09

I'm missing him already, the poor downtrodden mite.
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK