Fiat Coupe Club UK

Speeding Police Cars

Posted By: bikenut55

Speeding Police Cars - 02/06/2012 21:42

I seem to see a lot of Police cars driving above the speed limit without any lights recently. I've probably clocked about 8 cars in the last few months, mostly on the motorway.

On Friday, a Police car passed me at a fair rate when I was doing 70 on the motorway. It was a Ford Focus so I don't think it was the traffic Police, but I sped up to see how quick it was going - I was doing 85 and it was still pulling away, which seems a little excessive.

I just find it a bit annoying and wanted to hear other peoples thoughts.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Speeding Police Cars - 02/06/2012 22:21

My thought is to try to take a broader view of things. I'm not being critical of you, because I am inclined to get annoyed at the same sorts of things, but in the final analysis is it too bad a thing? If they catch another tw@t on their mobile/iPad/gameboy/television/kindle etc., by speeding a bit, is that too bad a thing?

I always try to ignore the principles and look at the practical reality. i don't think it is too serious.

I'm not dismissing your point of view; just offering my own perspective.

Signed: Like-minded

Re: Speeding Police Cars - 03/06/2012 18:10

Hypocrisies to the highest level. What more could you expect?

On a seperate note, ever thought of becoming a traffic officer? You have a keen eye for speeding laugh

Re: Speeding Police Cars - 03/06/2012 19:43

On the rare occasions i've seen police cars speeding on the motorway with the blues lights, i see it as license to do the same speed........ wink
Posted By: Roadking

Re: Speeding Police Cars - 03/06/2012 19:55

Originally Posted By: proccy
On the rare occasions i've seen police cars speeding on the motorway with the blues lights, i see it as license to do the same speed........ wink

In the gap cleared by the Police car yes

Re: Speeding Police Cars - 03/06/2012 22:17

I tend to agree Enforcer, if they pass me just above the speed limit at about 75-80 then it doesn't really bother me.
It's when they pass in excess of 85 that it winds me up.

I suppose if the roles were reversed, then that's what I'd expect to be pulled over for. 75-80 on a clear motorway would generally be okay but 85 is starting to catch the attention of the Police.

Re: Speeding Police Cars - 03/06/2012 22:27

Originally Posted By: Alfa_Male
On a seperate note, ever thought of becoming a traffic officer? You have a keen eye for speeding laugh

I have considered it, putting aside the 2 year officer training period, I think I need a bit more life experience before I could be a decent Police traffic officer.
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK