Fiat Coupe Club UK

Royal Mail.... Utter useless.

Posted By: MattyB

Royal Mail.... Utter useless. - 12/07/2012 16:27

I visited my parents a couple of weeks ago and left my credit card there. Realising this I asked them to send via recorded delivery. I missed the delivery as I was at work. This was last Friday and I went to collect it Monday using one of Birmingham's city cars to get there. They "couldn't" find it and told me to call up Tuesday even though my tracking code said it was at their depot and their slip said it'll be there. So, wasted journey and cost of the car...

Called Tuesday still cant find it. I said it's a credit card that I really need this weekend as I've paid to go away and I'm going to be short until pay next week due to unexpected bills. They've told a manager and after calling Wednesday (Not having a call back) still nothing. Called today and it just rings out. Thing is I'm busy at work and I don’t have time to keep chasing them.

I've had to cancel my credit card (best be safe) and now having to go down the route of borrowing money off my parents which I didn’t want to do. I've not had to borrow a lot but it's the principle that royal mail have f**ked up and cant really give me an explanation!!!

Want to complain but no idea where to start and whether I could get any compo for wasting time and having to pay out going to the depot? grr

Any ideas?
Posted By: jimbob13

Re: Royal Mail.... Utter useless. - 12/07/2012 16:40

http://www.royalmail.com/report-a-problem
Posted By: charlie_croker

Re: Royal Mail.... Utter useless. - 12/07/2012 21:43

I wouldn't trust Recorded (signed for delivery), as its not tracked, use Special Delivery and it gets tracked all the way.
Posted By: jimbob13

Re: Royal Mail.... Utter useless. - 12/07/2012 21:58

Recorded, Special & Tracked all utilise the same tracking system,
which only tracks Recorded deliveries and Special deliveries as far as the Depot if your postperson delivers on foot.

Only Tracked delivery is tracked right to the delivery point, as it has to be delivered by a van driver with a PDA.

Special Delivery however offers the best level of insurance/compensation in the event of a lost or damaged item.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Royal Mail.... Utter useless. - 13/07/2012 11:30

clicky If only they were all as quick as this guy laugh
Posted By: mikndo69

Re: Royal Mail.... Utter useless. - 13/07/2012 13:06

smile
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK