Fiat Coupe Club UK

11th November.

Posted By: magooagain

11th November. - 11/11/2012 21:31

Just a little mention for our fallen loved ones and the men and women that have given thier lives for freedom etc. RIP.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: 11th November. - 11/11/2012 21:35

I will second that.

Good post thumb
Posted By: pinin_prestatyn

Re: 11th November. - 11/11/2012 21:36

Thirded!

We will never forget the sacrifice they made for us.

Re: 11th November. - 11/11/2012 21:36

Never forgotten, RIP.

Re: 11th November. - 11/11/2012 21:52

For me today is about those that have fallen,but also its about my father. Born in 1910 and he then joined the British army in 1936 into the Royal Ulster Rifles. As history shows the second world war started in 1940.

As a regular soldier he was invited to join and train as a Para. And to then train other poor buggers.
He landed on D Day at Ranville (Pegasus Bridge) and survived and went onto break out prison camps with his regiment in Austria.
And then onto the Palstine uprising.
He passed away in November 1992. After raising a family of 7 children. With no skills of reading and writing. RIP Dad.
Posted By: Roadking

Re: 11th November. - 11/11/2012 22:08

Originally Posted By: magooagain
For me today is about those that have fallen,but also its about my father. Born in 1910 and he then joined the British army in 1936 into the Royal Ulster Rifles. As history shows the second world war started in 1940.

For us WW2 started September 3rd 1939. For the US and USSR 1941.

It is important to remember the sacrifices made by previous generations especially at a time when our young are still be asked by our politicians to make the ultimate sacrfice. Lest we forget.

Re: 11th November. - 11/11/2012 22:33

My Dad was involved in alot of the WW2 blackouts as a kid and his dad was in both wars.
My Dad remained a military man upto the 1970's and sadly passed away on the 14th of November 2007.
A day that changed my life and many others forever.

The Remembrance Sunday was never missed by him.

A very emotional time for all the family to lose not only your Father but also my best friend.
Personally if I had one wish it wouldn't be for money or fame but to spend another day with the man so Influential to my upbringing.
I was lucky enough to spend alot of time with such a figure but many aren't.

Today has been a sad day of remembrance for all those families affected by the past but also to hold there heads high and support the lost heroes.

Nice to see the nation unite if only for a day with great support from the younger generation.

Re: 11th November. - 11/11/2012 23:06

Thanks for the date corection RK.

Re: 11th November. - 12/11/2012 12:31

Always observe this even though as far as i know all my relatives in it survived. I also make sure i raise a glass to the more recent heroes we've lost around the world, and continue to do, as their loss is as great and unselfish.

Lest we forget
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK