Fiat Coupe Club UK

Photoshop Wedding Invitation Help

Posted By: bikenut55

Photoshop Wedding Invitation Help - 04/01/2013 23:37

I'm trying to make wedding invitations and I've reached the limit of my very limited capability.

The idea is to have an invitation very similar to the one seen here - 4 pices of card placed in ascending size with information on each card but a tab visible.

I've made the invitations to the paper size I believe to be correct (paper size has been set when creating a new sheet) and added everything that needs to be printed, the Blue Peter stage happens next, but I would like to combine 4 copies of the .psd files onto 1 A4 page for priting in order save buying 400 pages of card. I'd also like to add little marks or a cross indicating the the corners of each invite so there are guides to cut along, but that's a bit of a wish. Does anyone know how to do this and can explain in a nice simple way?

Finally, the invite as will be double sided. I guess I can use the same technique used above to position the .psd files so that I can feed the paper back through the printer to get a double sided invites?

Thanks for looking and maybe helping, too.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Photoshop Wedding Invitation Help - 05/01/2013 00:10

You can probably set 4 copies on a single A4 page in the print properties section of the "Print" option from whatever program you're using, without having to do anything fancy with the page layout at all.
Posted By: mrc

Re: Photoshop Wedding Invitation Help - 05/01/2013 02:13

It would be easier to print the file from illustrator, as you would set up an A4 or A3 page then place your artwork 4 times then print all at once, same goes for whatever is going on the back.

You of course can do the same in PS, just make a new file the size of your printed area and duplicate the artwork 4 times. You can add thin little print marks (for cutting) on a new layer.

Sadly I'm away and away from my machine otherwise I could give you step by step guidance.

Hope this helps?
Posted By: bikenut55

Re: Photoshop Wedding Invitation Help - 05/01/2013 10:38

Thanks for the help guys.

I hadn't thought of the illustrator option so I'll give that a try today.

Youtube tutorials have been really helpful to date but I couldn't find much on this.

Thanks
Posted By: coupe_integrale

Re: Photoshop Wedding Invitation Help - 05/01/2013 21:17

Hi Owain,

Don't know if you're sorted but feel free to drop me an email if you need a hand with anything.

james (at) fromthesticks .co.uk
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Photoshop Wedding Invitation Help - 06/01/2013 09:05

Add plenty of bleed as the two sides probably won't back up very well.
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK