Fiat Coupe Club UK

Forum Powa - Split zone central heating question

Posted By: sugerbear

Forum Powa - Split zone central heating question - 16/10/2013 09:46

I am living in a new build house (zero carbon build). Which is nice.

It has many "eco" friendly features one of which is a central heating system that has separate top floor and bottom floor upstairs and downstairs radiators which are each controlled by their own timer / wall thermostat / valve.

Now this is where it gets odd and I begin to question my sanity.

The downstairs wall thermostat controls the top floor radiators and the top floor thermostat controls the bottom radiators.

That sounds like someone has wired the central heading round the wrong way but I wonder if the system was designed this way...

Can anyone confirm?
Posted By: DaveG

Re: Forum Powa - Split zone central heating question - 16/10/2013 10:04

Have you asked the builders? I guess you have an NHBC "warranty" (whatever that means)?
Posted By: bockers

Re: Forum Powa - Split zone central heating question - 16/10/2013 10:11

That is mad.
Posted By: barnacle

Re: Forum Powa - Split zone central heating question - 16/10/2013 10:22

Wired wrong. NHBC guarantee.

Re: Forum Powa - Split zone central heating question - 16/10/2013 10:30

Yes, plenty of life left in the NHBC guarantee and the builders are still building on site. Only found out last night.

It isn't my house, but I thought it was odd when I was trying to work out why the lower floor radiators didn't work!

Thank you forum powa people.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Forum Powa - Split zone central heating question - 16/10/2013 11:15

If you think about it, it must be wrong. The downstairs could be on full whack but the top floor is still cold (and the thermostat won't read any increase in temperature) so will be permanently on.

Re: Forum Powa - Split zone central heating question - 16/10/2013 19:33

Heat does rise so I was beginning it think there was some logic behind it. Then I thought some more and realised petunia the plumber had messed up.

Split level Central heating and TRV's are really good. It also has solar hot water heating and rainwater collector for flushing the loo. They seem to work!
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK