Fiat Coupe Club UK

Travel Insurance - recomendations

Posted By: JLow75

Travel Insurance - recomendations - 02/04/2014 09:46

I need to arrange some travel insurance for a 7 day holiday next week, as the package deal doesn't include it.

It's a minefield of course! so before I start trawling through MoneySavingExpert & other comparison sites etc, can anyone recommend anyone to go with - cover that includes loss of money/passport/tickets aswel as unforeseen cancellation & the usual medical cover.

Not necessarily looking for out-and-out cheapest, more interested in the quality of service in the event of a claim

and the most important thing - the reason for this post - customer service - someone that actually pays out when you make a claim!

Thanks in advance.
Posted By: bezzer

Re: Travel Insurance - recomendations - 02/04/2014 10:25

From experience, get the cheapest you can that covers cancellation, baggage, passport, medical and repatriation.

Make sure your house insurance covers your belongings for travel abroad and use that if you're unlucky enough to need it.

If you do want personal possessions covered by your travel insurance, read the small print. The thieving bastards will go to any length to get out of paying on a claim grr

We were holidaying with friends and had different companies but both lost out big time. I won't name the companies involved........
Posted By: ali_hire

Re: Travel Insurance - recomendations - 02/04/2014 12:23

It may be worth speaking to your bank about a premium account.

I pay Natwest £15p/m for an advantage gold account which gives a whole host of benefits.

I get breakdown cover, mobile phone insurance, travel insurance for me and the wife and some other bits which I don't use (preferential rates on loans and mortgages, for example).

I lost my phone in Munich and they had a brand new one waiting for me when I got back.

Re: Travel Insurance - recomendations - 02/04/2014 12:32

I'm with Santander & I have the 123 current account, I'll go & see them, see what it offers in that respect

Re: Travel Insurance - recomendations - 02/04/2014 13:09

I'm going to with my bank I think - it's only £14.52 as I'm a Santander Account holder & it's decent cover
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK