Fiat Coupe Club UK

!"£$%^ Virgin Mobile

Posted By: barnacle

!"£$%^ Virgin Mobile - 24/09/2014 06:45

Ordered a new phone, changing from a payg to a contract.
Phone arrives. I stuff the SIM in, send the text to change from my existing SIM.
I then discover the new phone to DOA - it has a continuous random input from the touch screen which makes it impossible to use - so ring them up to get it replaced...
In the course of speaking to the nice lady with the apparent intelligence of a spaniel, I ask her to make sure that the SIM change doesn't happen until I get the new phone.

So this morning, I am pleased to discover my original SIM is now unregistered...

Aaargh.
Posted By: Countrycruising

Re: !"£$%^ Virgin Mobile - 24/09/2014 08:52

Oh come on, did you honestly think changing phones would be easy laugh

Try changing to a new model with a micro sim one week, and then changing back to your old phone a week later because the new one is pants for reception, now that's fun!

Re: !"£$%^ Virgin Mobile - 24/09/2014 09:54

Looking at the old Nokia, I think I can get the mini SIM into the full-sized SIM holder, with a bit of packing.

Re: !"£$%^ Virgin Mobile - 24/09/2014 10:52

I looked at that with mine but decided to hold out for a new sim.

Re: !"£$%^ Virgin Mobile - 24/09/2014 11:23

It's just a few days until the new phone is replaced with one that works... hopefully.
Posted By: Mark_S

Re: !"£$%^ Virgin Mobile - 24/09/2014 12:31

I clicked on this thread to be confronted by too much red in the signatures rotate wobble; looks like an advertisement thread for a certain book tongue
Posted By: Wishy

Re: !"£$%^ Virgin Mobile - 24/09/2014 12:43

Now you've interrupted the flow!

Just remembered what my signature is, whoops!

Re: !"£$%^ Virgin Mobile - 24/09/2014 13:03

Originally Posted By: Mark_S
I clicked on this thread to be confronted by too much red in the signatures rotate wobble; looks like an advertisement thread for a certain book tongue

What book would that be then chinny laugh

Re: !"£$%^ Virgin Mobile - 24/09/2014 14:47

Dunno, my car's black and clearly visible in the sig!
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: !"£$%^ Virgin Mobile - 24/09/2014 19:46

You can get a micro to normal sim adaptor, I have one in my coat pocket!

Re: !"£$%^ Virgin Mobile - 24/09/2014 22:15

Yep, got one in the old phone now.

Re: !"£$%^ Virgin Mobile - 30/09/2014 19:25

It gets better...

They told me they'd change the phone. They sent me an envelope to *return* the phone under the 14 day cancellation clause.

The new sim is currently working under the old payg system.

I spent another couple of days on the phone, trying to establish that I wanted a replacement phone for a delivered broken one.

They told me they'd change the phone. They sent me an envelope to *return* the phone under the 14 day cancellation clause.

I spent long enough on hold this evening to cook and eat dinner (nothing exotic, but even so...) and finally got to talk to a bloke in Sheffield.

He has (hopefully) got the contract sorted out, and is arranging for a phone to be handed over on Thursday. He sounds quite a competent sort of chappie, so I have hopes...

Re: !"£$%^ Virgin Mobile - 03/10/2014 09:39

Finally I have the phone (as Alexis discovered by accident!).

Is it now necessary to take a nude selfie, or is that optional?
Posted By: Begbie

Re: !"£$%^ Virgin Mobile - 03/10/2014 10:02

Thanks for the late night booty phone call Neil hehe You need to take a photo of yourself naked, but selling that item. That's the proper way to do it.
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK