Fiat Coupe Club UK

Re: Japanese GP

Posted By: Jim_Clennell

Re: Japanese GP - 11/10/2014 09:44

Looks like a long pitlane (from the map on the live timing, anyway). Anyone know what likely tyre strategies will be?

Re: Japanese GP - 11/10/2014 11:14

McLaren struggling again, disappointing but expected. Red Bull not as fast as I'd have thought in practice, but may well come through in the race.
I wonder if Rosberg can pull something mighty out of the bag to stop his team-mate or whether Hamilton will just overcook himself? Can't see any other ways of stopping him (ceteris paribus)
Posted By: MeanRedSpider

Re: Japanese GP - 11/10/2014 12:49

Hamilton looking imperious. Vettel looking ordinary. Torro Rosso looking good.

Re: Japanese GP - 11/10/2014 12:51

Vettel looking like a man who has begun an affair before breaking up with his wife...

Re: Japanese GP - 11/10/2014 13:15

Bottas giving it full beans - love it.
Posted By: barnacle

Re: Japanese GP - 11/10/2014 13:20

McLaren struggling... in fourth?

Nice one Jenson. Shame Valteri fell off at that last corner.

Re: Japanese GP - 11/10/2014 13:53

Superb attempt by Bottas! He has everything to be a future champion!
According to both Button and Magnussen, McLaren struggled in FP3.
But yes, great result for both McLarens in qualifying, Magnussen's penalty notwithstanding.
Grim interview with Button afterwards. Looking very much like someone who has been told he's surplus to requirements.
Which I suspect means retirement, unless he can talk Williams into replacing Massa. I hope he doesn't linger in a lower order team.
Posted By: magooagain

Re: Japanese GP - 11/10/2014 14:21

Are we racing in Japan again?

Re: Japanese GP - 11/10/2014 20:46

McLaren qualifying notes:

"The team made some imperfect decisions in FP3 this morning, eventuating in suboptimised car-development ahead of qualifying, but a reasonably successful recovery was achieved."

Can you tell Ron Dennis is back at the helm...?
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Japanese GP - 11/10/2014 21:00

Originally Posted By: Jim_Clennell
Superb attempt by Bottas! He has everything to be a future champion!
According to both Button and Magnussen, McLaren struggled in FP3.
But yes, great result for both McLarens in qualifying, Magnussen's penalty notwithstanding.
Grim interview with Button afterwards. Looking very much like someone who has been told he's surplus to requirements.
Which I suspect means retirement, unless he can talk Williams into replacing Massa. I hope he doesn't linger in a lower order team.

Button to Williams. Exactly what I was thinking after watching qualifying this morning.

Re: Japanese GP - 11/10/2014 22:04

After translating from English to Arabic, to Spanish, to German, and thence once again to English, we get:

Quote:

The team took some incomplete decisions in FP3 this morning led to the development of the car suboptimised before the playoffs, but the recovery is achieved reasonable success ..

Amazing!

Russian GP - 11/10/2014 22:05

Placeholder
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Russian GP - 12/10/2014 11:16

I personally think Jenson's low key demeanour after qualifying was due to respect for Jules Bianchi's situation, rather than any P45 from Mclaren.

The start is going to be nuts. They're going to run side by side through turns 1 and 2, doing 200mph into turn 3, which is very heavy braking on full fuel loads, cold tyres and brakes. Turn 3 also tightens on the exit, so cars will be running off and back into the track all over the place.

Watching the GP2 feature race yesterday (well done to Jolyon Palmer btw!!!), you can race hard and overtake on the circuit, which bodes well considering that everyone will be one-stopping, barring flat spots and safety car periods.

Re: Russian GP - 12/10/2014 12:37

Hope you're right about Button; he is a GPDA representative I suppose.
You were right about the mad start, but only Rosberg seemed to leave his brain on the grid.
Still, looking likely to snatch a podium.

Re: Russian GP - 12/10/2014 13:04

Is it just me or is Jenson catching up with Valtieri?
Posted By: oxfordSteve

Re: Russian GP - 12/10/2014 13:08

I dunno, I fell asleep sometime ago

Re: Russian GP - 12/10/2014 13:31

That's enough footage of Putin and Bernie, thanks.

Re: Russian GP - 12/10/2014 13:37

Pretty dull race as expected

Re: Russian GP - 12/10/2014 13:37

Is it over? I hadn't noticed...

Re: Russian GP - 12/10/2014 13:39

Hopefully it will soon share another fact with Korea, Valencia and India...

Re: Russian GP - 12/10/2014 13:42

What the hell is Putin doing in the back room?

Re: Russian GP - 12/10/2014 13:42

Is it christmas? There seem to be santaclauses all over.

Re: Russian GP - 12/10/2014 13:45

Interesting I saw a list of the most valuable brands (I think, read brand names). Apple tops it by a long way (over $100bn) followed by Google (IIRC). Mercedes is the most valuable car brand followed closely by BMW. I don't suppose the constructor's title has harmed that value any.
Posted By: H_R

Re: Russian GP - 12/10/2014 13:51

Originally Posted By: barnacle
Is it christmas? There seem to be santaclauses all over.

Ha ha was just about to say is that the cast from "love actually"

Boring race!
Posted By: Countrycruising

Re: Russian GP - 12/10/2014 14:07

Zzzzzzzzzzz zzz

Re: Russian GP - 12/10/2014 15:21

Originally Posted By: MeanRedSpider
What the hell is Putin doing in the back room?

This really pissed me off. Precisely why Shifty was morally right about Russia and especially Putin using F1 to try and normalise an unacceptable régime. Naturally, rent-boy Bernie was all to happy to get on his knees and reach for the zip.
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK