Fiat Coupe Club UK

Parking Heathrow......

Posted By: Barmybob

Parking Heathrow...... - 16/01/2015 11:32

We've got a trip planned in June and probably need to park, if we don't take the train / bus.

We are also thinking of Booking a Hotel for the night before, to reduce the chance of having traffic issues. Anyone got any good suggestions?

Thanks

Bob
Posted By: bezzer

Re: Parking Heathrow...... - 16/01/2015 11:54

A few years ago, my wife and I stayed at this Holiday Inn before flying out to the States.

No complaints. Used the Heathrow bus to get to the terminal without any problems.
Posted By: Jim_Clennell

Re: Parking Heathrow...... - 16/01/2015 12:44

I don't know if Heathrow has an equivalent, but we stayed overnight at the Le Meridien Hotel at Gatwick, which has a covered walkway direct from the hotel to the departures area. Took us 5 minutes to walk! I think it cost us just over £100 for the night. Well worth it to avoid the hassle.
I'd definitely try to find a similar location at Heathrow.

Re: Parking Heathrow...... - 16/01/2015 14:37

Not sure of anything close to the terminal area at Heathrow that offers covered walkways to the terminal, there is at one at Stansted though wink

I have stayed in that Holiday Inn when training before, good call.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Parking Heathrow...... - 16/01/2015 16:29

Lots of hotels on Bath road which is very close, The Sheraton, Holiday Inn, Premier Inn are just a few I can remember.
Posted By: bockers

Re: Parking Heathrow...... - 16/01/2015 18:06

What terminal Bob? There is an airport hotel connected to T4 and T5 but none in the central area (T1, 2 and 3)

Let me know and I can advise some appropriate ones.

Re: Parking Heathrow...... - 16/01/2015 20:08

It will be with Virgin so T3 John.

I think the Holiday Inn would be fine as I know it quite well. We just need to sort out if parking or train and bus would be better.

Fancy renting me some space on your drive? smile
Posted By: bockers

Re: Parking Heathrow...... - 16/01/2015 20:41

Funny you should say that but I do have a place you could park. Send me a Pm
Posted By: Begbie

Re: Parking Heathrow...... - 19/01/2015 11:03

Bob may come back to find that his car hasn't got the same bodywork on it as when he left it with Bockers chinny
Posted By: DaveG

Re: Parking Heathrow...... - 19/01/2015 11:15

Yes, it's no coincidence that they both have Scott's Green coupes (John, just switch the plates and blame the pigeons, Bob will never suspect)

Re: Parking Heathrow...... - 19/01/2015 22:16

Hmm good point, I had better take the Alfa biglaugh
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK