Fiat Coupe Club UK

Pub in Woking / Guidlford..

Posted By: JimO

Pub in Woking / Guidlford.. - 19/01/2015 17:08

Knowing that a few of you live out that neck of the woods I am seekign your local public house knowledge.

I have a meeting with some colleagues from Canada in a few weeks time, but due to my holiday, I need to have the meeting on a Sunday. As the meeting will be largely informal I thought about having it over lunch in a pub.

The Canadians will be staying in Farnborough, and with me living in Epsom, I figured Guildford / Woking to be largely central to us all..

So am looking for recommendations on a good pub, good food, not a Sky Sports place, but with enough charm and quality that they feel looked after!

Anyone got any names?

Thanks y'all wave
Posted By: DaveG

Re: Pub in Woking / Guidlford.. - 19/01/2015 17:33

My wife works (in head office) for Barons Pubs and they have a choice of 6 pubs, Bletchingley Arms is new to the group, we have also eaten in the Cricketers in Horsell (near Woking) and the Rose & Crown near Thorpe, plus the Crown & Cushion just off of M3 J4a so an easy run from Farnborough. Near me, Windlesham has a good selection of pubs (Brickmakers and Half Moon probably the best). These days a lot of pubs are more like restaurants with a bar attached, but these are all tried and tested Sky free!
Posted By: JimO

Re: Pub in Woking / Guidlford.. - 19/01/2015 18:00

Great thanks Dave, I guess thats what I am after more so, a restaurant with a bar attached..

I look these ones up..

Added. I use The Star in Leatherhead a lot, as they accept dogs and its on my dog walking route - good pubs they are smile
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Pub in Woking / Guidlford.. - 20/01/2015 12:31

You could drive to them and eat at the Aviator Hotel in Farnborough?
Overlooking the runway and pretty much brand new.

Guildford on a Sunday is a traffic nightmare...Woking is just pants.
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK