ignorant white van drivers
lorry drivers who overtake on a motorway gradient
cone droppers who cone off far too much road for the work being done
tailgaiters in the outside lane
traffic wardens

there must be many laugh more..
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: ...come the revolution... - 03/02/2015 19:43

Car drivers that sit at 45mph in the centre lane in motorway roadworks and refuse to move to lane one.
Posted By: Jim_Clennell

Re: ...come the revolution... - 03/02/2015 19:50

Nationalise the means of production and plan the economy centrally?
Posted By: MeanRedSpider

Re: ...come the revolution... - 03/02/2015 19:58

Originally Posted By: nissansteve
Car drivers that sit at 45mph in the centre lane in motorway roadworks and refuse to move to lane one.

Drive down unrestricted country roads at 45mph then drive through villages at 45mph
Posted By: Submariner

Re: ...come the revolution... - 03/02/2015 19:58

government for the people by the people which governs for the benefit and service of it's people (not the current unrepresentative electoral dictatorship which governs for the political, social and industrial elites)

Re: ...come the revolution... - 03/02/2015 20:01

i'm now old enough to cruise in the inside lane these days and watch the outsider lsners wearing their brake pads out, breaking every so often when forced to slow down by slightly slower drivers than themselves.

Re: ...come the revolution... - 03/02/2015 20:01

Think that's post revolution Jim!

Any person who wears a vest whilst:
In the city centre, walking a pitbull or similar, drinking cheap larger.

Shiny trainers with a suit
Shoes with a track suit
Full track suit when you're not training
Those who smoke weed whilst wondering round the city centre
People who don't know what a yellow box is for

All these issues could be dealt with by sniper fire.

Re: ...come the revolution... - 03/02/2015 20:02

Originally Posted By: MeanRedSpider

Drive down unrestricted country roads at 45mph then drive through villages at 45mph

yes, definates for a bullet laugh
Posted By: barnacle

Re: ...come the revolution... - 03/02/2015 20:24

People who can't spell definite... tongue
Posted By: oxfordSteve

Re: ...come the revolution... - 03/02/2015 20:27

Bloody hell, they are mere flies on the arse of humanity.....

Come the revolution the targets will be MUCH bigger.

Re: ...come the revolution... - 03/02/2015 20:45

note rong wif me english, dont b sow condisending
Posted By: ali_hire

Re: ...come the revolution... - 03/02/2015 22:16

Anyone who makes pointless lists.
Posted By: Theresa

Re: ...come the revolution... - 04/02/2015 01:14

Originally Posted By: ali_hire

Not pointless to those that make them though laugh

1. Drivers that don't indicate when they should.

2. People that park over your driveway.

3. People that park over the whole pavement forcing you to walk on the road.

4. Refuse collectors who throw your recycling box and/or wheelie bin somewhere near your house (if you're lucky), after you placing it neatly outside your property for them.

5. People (mostly women) that wear pyjamas in public places, such as supermarkets.

6. Dog walkers who don't put their dog on a lead when they see you approaching with your dog that's on a lead, saying how friendly and wonderful their dog is while it's aggressively or annoyingly circling you and your dog.

7. People that stand and chat and get in the way when shopping in supermarkets. Same applies at checkouts - till operators chatting to colleagues/customers for ages, while your food is sat on the conveyor, defrosting.

8. Constant junk phone calls regarding PPI, etc.

9. People on here that think nothing below a 20VT is good enough.

10. Companies that make all E Cig vapers stand outside with the smokers (we've given up smoking ffs).

That's my top ten, although I'm sure there's many, many more I could think of if I set my mind to it laugh
Posted By: Cooperman

Re: ...come the revolution... - 04/02/2015 06:39

Teresa, you were doing ok up until No 10!
I am amazed at the various shapes, sizes and colours of these new stop smoking aids which are now available. My pet hate is passing one of the various stalls selling them and being asked if I smoke?

Re: ...come the revolution... - 04/02/2015 06:59

Blimey, so much anger and hate on here...

Re: ...come the revolution... - 04/02/2015 09:24

Originally Posted By: Theresa

Not pointless to those that make them though laugh

1. Drivers that don't indicate when they should.

2. People that park over your driveway.

3. People that park over the whole pavement forcing you to walk on the road.

4. Refuse collectors who throw your recycling box and/or wheelie bin somewhere near your house (if you're lucky), after you placing it neatly outside your property for them.

5. People (mostly women) that wear pyjamas in public places, such as supermarkets.

6. Dog walkers who don't put their dog on a lead when they see you approaching with your dog that's on a lead, saying how friendly and wonderful their dog is while it's aggressively or annoyingly circling you and your dog.

7. People that stand and chat and get in the way when shopping in supermarkets. Same applies at checkouts - till operators chatting to colleagues/customers for ages, while your food is sat on the conveyor, defrosting.

8. Constant junk phone calls regarding PPI, etc.

9. People on here that think nothing below a 20VT is good enough.

10. Companies that make all E Cig vapers stand outside with the smokers (we've given up smoking ffs).

That's my top ten, although I'm sure there's many, many more I could think of if I set my mind to it laugh

no7 should have made my list ! People chatting in the supermarket aisles or deliberating over their products is annoying, but that's what supermarket trollies are there for.."oops sorry" as you bruise them for life. laugh
Posted By: Wishy

Re: ...come the revolution... - 04/02/2015 10:04

Originally Posted By: Jim_Clennell
Blimey, so much anger and hate on here...

Hey don't get me started on Theresa's no4 above, I'll show you some irrational hate and extraneous brackets. laugh

The reason that I put my bin out to the left with space around it is because that drive shaped thingy next to it is just that, IT'S A DRIVE which strangely (I don't think this strange but I suspect it is an alien concept to Mr Binman) enough I either have a car on or it is a space that I would like to drive a car onto. Given that it's fairly obviously a drive to put a car onto as it either has a car on it at the time or it looks like an empty space with tyre tracks (presumably belonging to.... lets think about this, a car?) so why the furious furious furious would I want my bin either slung behind the car (so I have to move it or run it over before going anywhere) or directly in the middle of the tyre tracks on the empty space (so I have to leave my car half in the middle of the road, get out, move the bin somewhere sensible [daft suggestion but how about where I left the bloody thing in the first place Mr Binman?] then get back in the car and drive onto what is blatantly a DRIVEWAY FOR A CAR)?

And breathe out and go to the happy place.
Posted By: PeteP

Re: ...come the revolution... - 04/02/2015 10:09

^ That's my Monday first thing in the morning.

Be woken up at 7 AM by the bin men.
Then around 9 AM move bins so I can get the car off the drive.
Posted By: magooagain

Re: ...come the revolution... - 04/02/2015 15:22

But surely you have to put the bin back to where it sits all week anyway? So wheres the problem,as it has to be moved anyway. No?

Re: ...come the revolution... - 04/02/2015 15:25

#firstworldproblems

Re: ...come the revolution... - 04/02/2015 15:37

the things we have to endure ! laugh

Just drove from meriden [ centre of England apparently] to Nuneaton. Firstly was stuck behind a learner driver doing 25mph on an open country road, but twisty, then an old biddy doing 35-40 for the rest of the way home....jesus !

Re: ...come the revolution... - 04/02/2015 15:56

I'm fine bringing it out for them, it lives behind the side gate for the rest of the week. I move it from there *around the car* to a spot where both Mr Binman can easily get at it and I can get my car out of and onto the drive. All he/she/it needs to do is put it back there instead of ..... etc (see rant above).

Re: ...come the revolution... - 04/02/2015 15:57

Quite but it really winds me up in case you hadn't noticed. laugh

Re: ...come the revolution... - 04/02/2015 16:35

Originally Posted By: Jim_Clennell
#firstworldproblems

Anyone who hashtags. box

Re: ...come the revolution... - 04/02/2015 17:08

Fair comment! As was mine...!

Re: ...come the revolution... - 04/02/2015 17:21

I know, Jim, I know. We need an 'I'm teasing' smilie.
Posted By: PeteP

Re: ...come the revolution... - 04/02/2015 17:37

Originally Posted By: magooagain
But surely you have to put the bin back to where it sits all week anyway? So wheres the problem,as it has to be moved anyway. No?

It doesn't seem that long ago that the bin men used to both collect the bin and then put it back afterwards. Certainly during our time at this address.

Do you still have to take your rubbish to the village tip yourself like we had to back in the 70s in the Dordogne Joe?

Re: ...come the revolution... - 04/02/2015 17:58

Hmmm

My latest addition to the list would be those who commute to work at 6:15 in the morning in agricultural vehicles, road maintenance vehicles with shovels on front or back, quarry trucks, or 40 ton articulated when on country lanes.

It is a minor aggravation, as there is no major hurry to get to work, but when there are perfectly serviceable multi-lane A roads very close by, why does a 20 minute journey have to extend to 40 minutes because 2 quarry trucks have decided to take a short cut that saves them 5 minutes. I can quite happily potter along at 40 behind them, but every turning and round about, they brake 2 miles before, and then take 2 miles to accelerate back up to 40.

They don't actually go through the village I live in, but if I lived in any of the others, I would be either raising with the local authority, or mail ordering the aforementioned rifle!!

Better music on the car radio is, of course, the answer.
Posted By: Gripped

Re: ...come the revolution... - 04/02/2015 20:11

You mean this one?
wink

Re: ...come the revolution... - 04/02/2015 20:12

This was the quote I was referring to... sorry.

Re: ...come the revolution... - 04/02/2015 20:13

I know you are, Ali, so am I. And what would I do with a smiley?

On the subject of bins, I suspect that cash-strapped councils are asking more from their bin men for less money. They probably have to finish two rounds in the same time as they used to do one, so perhaps that explains their rather casual approach to returning hem to their exact spot. In the grand scheme of things, is it that much of a hardship?

Re: ...come the revolution... - 04/02/2015 21:09

Originally Posted By: Jim_Clennell but butchered by Wishy to change context

....is it that much of a hardship?
for them to put it 4 feet to the left (which isn't any further) of where they do sling it? In other words where it came from. Even if we put it out on the street (which isn't where we're supposed to) then they still put it in the middle of the drive which means they have to go further to make it inconvenient.

And yes, in the grand scale of things it is nothing more than inconvenient but rage rage rage rage rage It would be so easy for this not to be.

I'm not sure about the added pressures as this has come about as a result of getting wheelie bins (way easier for them to empty than picking separate bags up) and going to fortnightly collections (so half the rounds) and there hasn't been any redundancies in the local council as far as I'm aware and this isn't a big town.

Bloody hell, if I keep moaning anymore about the council I'm going to have to get a job as a taxi driver!

Re: ...come the revolution... - 04/02/2015 21:45

Do you still have to take your rubbish to the village tip yourself like we had to back in the 70s in the Dordogne Joe? [/quote]

Well! Until 2 years ago we just dumped it at the end of our drive which is one of three cul-de-sac drives in our same in/out hamlet (11 houses). 5 am collection.
But others were not happy about the bleep peep reversing bin cart.

So now there is a place with big bins in an enclosed area at the begining of the hamlet.
But of course the cloud9 bin cart has to reverse at the first junction further into the hamlet to get out!

No complaints to be honest. Unlike the rest of you grumpy UK cloud9! laugh

Re: ...come the revolution... - 04/02/2015 21:50

They obviously haven't heard of "white noise" reversing alarms !
Posted By: Theresa

Re: ...come the revolution... - 05/02/2015 01:16

I never used to be filled with so much anger and hate Jim, but as I try to lead my life with respect and consideration to others, I get extremely cheesed off with the lack of consideration and respect others show and all the 'little annoyances' on my list turn to hatred and anger.

I've tried to calm down and relax and become one of 'the others', but I can't do it and I think that's what's made my anger and hatred worse over the years.

Re: ...come the revolution... - 05/02/2015 02:43

Originally Posted By: Theresa
I never used to be filled with so much anger and hate Jim, but as I try to lead my life with respect and consideration to others, I get extremely cheesed off with the lack of consideration and respect others show and all the 'little annoyances' on my list turn to hatred and anger.

I've tried to calm down and relax and become one of 'the others', but I can't do it and I think that's what's made my anger and hatred worse over the years.

Bring yourself to France T! All will be well love.xx
Posted By: Cooperman

Re: ...come the revolution... - 05/02/2015 06:50

It seems we of a certain age have a common dislike of some of the behaviours and lack of consideration shown these days and I wonder if we would be happier in a living elsewhere? I have often thought I would end up moving away but not considered how far.
Is life happier & better in France, Spain etc or where ever ? Or are we turning into Victor Meldrews smile
Posted By: barnacle

Re: ...come the revolution... - 05/02/2015 09:05

"I'm Victor Meldrew!"
"No, *I'm* Victor Meldrew!"
"I'm Victor Meldrew and so is my wife!"

...Always look on the bright side...
Posted By: came2dance

Re: ...come the revolution... - 05/02/2015 09:48

I could do a list but I hate doing lists.

Our bin men are heroes. Our council introduced Recycling last year and we went from one brown wheelie bin & one green wheelie bin to:

1 x brown wheelie bin for landfill waste
1 x green wheelie bin for garden waste
1 x grey bin for cooked food waste
1 x black bin for bottles & cardboard
1 x blue bag for newspaper & magazines
1 x pink bag for plastic and tins

They replaced the usual rear end loading bin lorries with what look like sesame street toy lorries. Aluminium sides with colourful recycling cartoons on them and various shaped slots/doors/apertures for the different bins! I don't know what time they start work but they are often in the street at 7:00 A.M and I have seen them working at 10:00 PM! Crazy and you know what? ........................... I don't think it will save the world!
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK